Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CEO Kim Grinolds on Petersen's recruiting

So I got in my car this morning, turned on the radio and I immediately felt my skin crawl. It was the familiar voice of the CEO and he was arguing with Fatters about Petersen's recruiting.

Here's some Cliffs notes on Kim's position:
-Petersen recruits for academics first, athletics second.
-If you take all the kids that could play football for UW, you'd have to immediately disregard half of them because they aren't good enough academically for Pete to consider taking them.
-Pete dropped the offer for Cordell Broadus, one of the top WRs considering UW because "he's Snoop Dawg's son"
-Even though every school has an "OKG model" of some kind, those are all just coach speak whereas in Petersen's case, it is means you pass on gifted athletes for good students and model citizens

Kudos to Fatters for arguing with him USING FACTS on just about every point. Included was the fact that Broadus has made it clear that UCLA and USC are the schools he is choosing between and Pete has stated that he won't waste time and money on kids who are not considering UW.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm hearing some things about Nate Dogg's son ...

But I don't like to spread rumors ... so I'll just confirm if they are true when they become public ... I learned that from KJV
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Door. Ass. Out?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Flagged for listening to shitty radio.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The fuck is a radio?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2014
    I think the reason Pete dropped Broadus is because he's not very good at football. I hope #mybruins eventually follow suit.

If Broadus wasn't related to Snoop he'd probably be committed to SDSU and praying that the Cougs Beavers or Utes would eventually offer him.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1

Joking aside, I think Sark loves the idea of Snoop Dawg's son standing on his bench waving the rally towel doing the lawnmower with the other back ups in the fourth quarter.

crispened

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2014

I don't believe that Peterson said any of those things. Let's be real, coaches want the best players and are not going to pass on them because they have some uppity outlook on being an academic. If Peterson thought that way he would be teaching classes on Osmosis. He is a Football "Professor" not a Biology Professor. And he is not Dumb.

UW women's bb just signed Deja Strother.

From some pretty decent sources (what I'm hearing) is that she's been in the 2 something GPA range all through HS (and of course there's no honors, AP, much less IB, shit on her transcript).

So you tell me. If they're recruiting 6'4" girls with a 2.3 or whatever GPA to play BB, then nobody whose job (which pays millions) depends on athletes is going to fucking pass on an athlete who qualifies (which is not hard to do).

These fucking stories just make me roll my eyes. Where do they get this stuff? I'd bet my fucking house that Peterman would take a 4 or 5 star kid (or any fucking star kid he liked) who met NCAA quals. Just the fucking way it is.

Kim sucks cock.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I don't believe that Peterson said any of those things. Let's be real, coaches want the best players and are not going to pass on them because they have some uppity outlook on being an academic. If Peterson thought that way he would be teaching classes on Osmosis. He is a Football "Professor" not a Biology Professor. And he is not Dumb.

UW women's bb just signed Deja Strother.

From some pretty decent sources (what I'm hearing) is that she's been in the 2 something GPA range all through HS (and of course there's no honors, AP, much less IB, shit on her transcript).

So you tell me. If they're recruiting 6'4" girls with a 2.3 or whatever GPA to play BB, then nobody whose job (which pays millions) depends on athletes is going to fucking pass on an athlete who qualifies (which is not hard to do).

These fucking stories just make me roll my eyes. Where do they get this stuff? I'd bet my fucking house that Peterman would take a 4 or 5 star kid (or any fucking star kid he liked) who met NCAA quals. Just the fucking way it is.

Kim sucks cock.
    Edgy. You would benefit from a church school environment.