Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shaq Thompson Update

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited March 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageShaq Thompson Update

In a recent update on Bob Condotta's Husky Football blog, UW defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox gave his thoughts about many things, including the progress of stud linebacker Shaq Thompson.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    More players like Shaq = more wins. Recruiting does matter.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    More talented OL = more wins.

Shit. I better take this to the OL bored. Hi Kim!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Look at Cal... You can have all the great recruits you want, but if you don't develop them, you're gone
  • Options
    renodawgrenodawg Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    What I find very interesting is how Bob Condota keeps saying how it will take time to get our gusy up to speed. We have been recruiting top 25 classes. Now, Boise state is nowhere near us in recruiting but in one of Bob's chats, this question was asked and Bob's answer to that question.

"Looking at the Boise State article you linked today, it appears they lost a bunch of starters. Maybe they won't have such a wicked pass defense, right?"
    by FL Husky Fan March 7 at 1:21 PM

"They did. I know the view there is they had some good, young players who will now step into those roles, so I think they think they can rebuild/reload quickly. We'll see."

Why is it that Boise State has good, young players that can step in but we don't. We always seem to be a dollar short in that regard.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    renodawg said:

What I find very interesting is how Bob Condota keeps saying how it will take time to get our gusy up to speed. We have been recruiting top 25 classes. Now, Boise state is nowhere near us in recruiting but in one of Bob's chats, this question was asked and Bob's answer to that question.

"Looking at the Boise State article you linked today, it appears they lost a bunch of starters. Maybe they won't have such a wicked pass defense, right?"

"They did. I know the view there is they had some good, young players who will now step into those roles, so I think they think they can rebuild/reload quickly. We'll see."

Why is it that Boise State has good, young players that can step in but we don't. We always seem to be a dollar short in that regard.

This just in:
    Drumheller Fountain is the REAL Fountain of Youth.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    renodawg said:

The Perpetual Youth theory is the most favored one by Kim, Bob, Dick Baird, and the rest of Doog Nation.
  • Options
    CharlesMincyCharlesMincy Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This kid is obviously special. Not easy to come by that type of combination of size and speed. I like seeing him on offense. I think that will be the trend of the future.
  • Options
    CharlesMincyCharlesMincy Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Grant High School, where Shaq is from, has been a hotbed of talent for years. They are the only team that I have ever seen compete athlete for athlete with Long Beach Poly. They upset them in a California state championship in 2008.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had to play against grant many a time. They were men on a child's field.