Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My funniest moment from HHB history

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,143
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
When some Half Brains tried stirring up rumors that Sark was a front runner for the Minnesota job, and a Minneapolis sportswriter contacted me to see if there was any truth to the scuttlebutt.

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I think this year's Minnesota team would beat us if we played.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,458
    I smell a story during the off-season.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

When some Half Brains tried stirring up rumors that Sark was a front runner for the Minnesota job, and a Minneapolis sportswriter contacted me to see if there was any truth to the scuttlebutt.

Upvoted for the use of "scuttlebutt". I never knew you had such a nautical background. A little pirate in ya?

Yaaaarrrghhhh!!!
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    If they knew anything about sark there would be no way he's going to where women wear more clothes than seattle........
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

Probably more Dawgman history, but I have to go with the entire day when Emmert's "hammer" came down. The entire 2 years of build up, leading to the realization that the NCAA "hammer" ended up being a gentle reach around. Dawgman went into complete meltdown.

Lot of twisting that day...and deleted poasts of the staff for deniability...but mostly twisting.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

Probably more Dawgman history, but I have to go with the entire day when Emmert's "hammer" came down. The entire 2 years of build up, leading to the realization that the NCAA "hammer" ended up being a gentle reach around. Dawgman went into complete meltdown.

I had been over at Dawgman since Taj Bomar was a big recruit (i wasn't in high school yet) and mainly lurked for the duration of my stay. I could tell that Kim was not completely on point, but i was also a youngin' that didn't know shit and assumed that the main guys (samek, fetters, grinolds) in charge of the most trafficked Husky website had legitimate insider information to my favorite program.

I had long already went the way of the nega by the time the "hammer" came down, but for me, that was the moment that truly legitimized how much bullshit was being thrown in my face by that troupe.

He was so adamant, so cocksure about the sanctions that were going to be levied on Oregon because of his 'sources' that when it turned into the big whiff it was it completely shredded any credibility.

Anyway, fuck those guys.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    The hammer was the date of my second banhammer at doogman
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Does badapple poast here?