Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I like OSU big in this one.

Reilly never looses at Huskie Stadium.

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hoping it's on the Pac-12 network so I can't watch it.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

The huskies are undefeated on the pac-12 network!
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    shit, do I even go to this game?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This flame lacks technical proficiency

Not a flame. Check the facts. Case closed. 'Nuff said.

DON'T BE A TWISTER!
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    The Beavs will score at least 30. The Dawgs probably will too.

HTH
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Washington has been inconsistent running the football, and terrible throwing it. Defensively, their secondary minus Baker hasn't been good. The one thing UW is good at, and they are one of the best in the Pac 12 at, is their defensive front and linebackers. Oregon, ASU, AZ, Stanford, and UCLA, all had quarterbacks that could counter this with their mobility. Mannion is a statue standing behind a duct taped put together offensive line. Mannion rarely will have more than 3 seconds to get rid of the football.

This is a horrible mathup for Oregon State. Example, How did the Beaver line hold up against equally talented fronts USC and Utah? USC pulverized them. Oregon State lost in overtime to Utah, but I'd argue that if it wasn't for one pass play, OSU did absolutely nothing offensively. Frankly, Utah's offense did everything they could to lose that game in Reeser, and they still managed to win.

UW 31
    OSU 10

Agree. Seems like a similar matchup to Illinois' statue Lunt. I see a defensive td or two
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    @greenblood is really dialed in.

OSU does have a good pass d but a very shitty rush d according to the stats. We've been successful against the worst pass D's in the league (Arizona, Cal, Col). Should be able to run the ball and that would open up the pass game a bit. Arizona's run d was 4th in the league and UW ran well against them.

Mannion has really struggled against UW. He should get some yards but UW's run D should shut down OSU's statistically weak run game.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon State is pretty bad. UW isn't going to quit either. I'm not that worried about the game, even though it doesn't really matter.

A lot of guys on the team have high character or have a lot to play for. Miles and Washington/Coleman are playing for starting jobs next year. Kasen is trying to impress these last few games to try and get back on scouts radar. The freshman (Baker, Pettis, Jones, Hale) are all pumped to be on the field. Kikaha, Shelton, and Shaq are high character guys who will always play hard.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Beavs will get punched in the mouth and lay down early in this one. Besides, they won't want to waste any emotion, they'll need it for the Civil War. Which is OK for their fans. By now even the most rabid Beaver Believer is resigned to never, ever having a really first rate team under mediocre Mike and ruining Oregon's shot at participating in the first ever college football play-offs is goal #1.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

The huskies are undefeated on the pac-12 network!
    So, moral victory?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I like the giant douche in this one, but the turd sandwich could win also.

Either way someone's tickets to El Paso will be booked by the end of the night.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

I like the giant douche in this one, but the turd sandwich could win also.

Either way someone's tickets to El Paso will be booked by the end of the night.

December bowel games are special.

• Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

Reilly never looses at Huskie Stadium.

The one and only Moral Loss I have seen in my years of watching Husky football, where the winning team was worse off and the loosing team was better off and you could really see a sea of change occurring, was the game in 1998.

If Smith could have played every one of his college games vs the UW, he would have won Ron Powlus' two Heismans.