Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Did we just get Dan Hawkins V2.0?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

Lots of sudden doogs owe me a fucking apology.

Peenerman is Idaho spud stupid.

Fuck off.

Your coach is still riding the fucking wave of one of the best Pac coaches ever.

We all know this and that's why the AD is paying him pennies, haven't extended him, and already announced ticket prices and donations aren't going up for the next two seasons. No faith by the AD has been expressed which is the correct path given his lack of resume and success.

No one thought Slingblade was going to be a great coach or even a long term option. He was the only way to squeeze as much out of the Chip era and Mariota as possible. He might become great and be a long term option but no one that matter in Eugene has done anything to show they feel that way.
    Peenerman is making 3x the money Helfrich is this year. If Slingblade takes the Ducks to the playoffs, and ends up with the Top 15 recruiting class we're on pace for next February, he's going to get a raise and an extension.

Meanwhile, UDub hired a coach whose resume was "I'm 12-3 against BCS schools!" He's now lost 5 games to BCS schools in one season.

If Slingblade wins out, beats ASU/UA in the CCG and gets to the playoff then he will earn a raise and two more years. If he loses to ASU then he will get neither as everyone know 2015 and 2016 aren't going to be special.

I love the approach the bean counter has taken with Slingblade. If he wants to keep his "dream job" he has to earn it.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

Fuck off.

Your coach is still riding the fucking wave of one of the best Pac coaches ever.

We all know this and that's why the AD is paying him pennies, haven't extended him, and already announced ticket prices and donations aren't going up for the next two seasons. No faith by the AD has been expressed which is the correct path given his lack of resume and success.

No one thought Slingblade was going to be a great coach or even a long term option. He was the only way to squeeze as much out of the Chip era and Mariota as possible. He might become great and be a long term option but no one that matter in Eugene has done anything to show they feel that way.
    Peenerman is making 3x the money Helfrich is this year. If Slingblade takes the Ducks to the playoffs, and ends up with the Top 15 recruiting class we're on pace for next February, he's going to get a raise and an extension.

Meanwhile, UDub hired a coach whose resume was "I'm 12-3 against BCS schools!" He's now lost 5 games to BCS schools in one season.

If Slingblade wins out, beats ASU/UA in the CCG and gets to the playoff then he will earn a raise and two more years. If he loses to ASU then he will get neither as everyone know 2015 and 2016 aren't going to be special.

I love the approach the bean counter has taken with Slingblade. If he wants to keep his "dream job" he has to earn it.
    NOC
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Saban 7-6 year 1 Alabama.

Stoops 7-5 year 1 Ok.

• Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Awesome spam trolling.
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited November 2014
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

Fuck off.

You already gave up on him, you googly-eyed fuckhead.

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did they make the same mistakes that our coaches have made? The first year records from Saban and Stoops are not helpful.

Saban took over a team that went 10-2 2 years prior, and 6-6 the year before.
    Stoops took over a 5-6 team.

Petermen took over a 9-4. Help me a little more than this.
    mobey said:

Stoops 7-5 year 1 Ok.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Postal91 said:

Did they make the same mistakes that our coaches have made? The first year records from Saban and Stoops are not helpful.

Saban took over a team that went 10-2 2 years prior, and 6-6 the year before.
    Stoops took over a 5-6 team.

Petermen took over a 9-4. Help me a little more than this.

mobey said:

Stoops 7-5 year 1 Ok.

9-4

STFU

Team was 6-4
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Little help here.... 6-4 last year?
    topdawgnc said:

Team was 6-4

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Postal91 said:

topdawgnc said:

Team was 6-4

My grandma could have started the season 3-0 ... and she's dead.

And I take that back.

5-4

Sark doesn't get credit for beating BYU
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    How do you let the clock run all the way down??? How??? We could have had one Ross kick return. Who knows??? I will never understand that. He watched 30 seconds roll off and went into the locker room with a timeout in his hip pocket. I don't see how he didn't understand that we needed those 30 seconds.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    topdawgnc said:

Postal91 said:

topdawgnc said:

Team was 6-4

And I take that back.

5-4

So, if we aren't giving credit for cupcakes, Peterman is 0-5
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    The chart from upstairs... Which could now be a new bingo box.

I don't understand, either. I heard on KJR that he was calling TO, but the refs didn't hear him. Um, what? The refs didn't hear you... sooooo, you just did nothing? Top notch.
    DeLarry said:

How do you let the clock run all the way down??? How??? We could have had one Ross kick return. Who knows??? I will never understand that. He watched 30 seconds roll off and went into the locker room with a timeout in his hip pocket. I don't see how he didn't understand that we needed those 30 seconds.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

0-4 last year is pretty much the same as 0-5 this year
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

Postal91 said:

topdawgnc said:

Team was 6-4

And I take that back.

5-4

You really should call @IrishDawg22‌

He has this place dialed in.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

topdawgnc said:

Postal91 said:

topdawgnc said:

Team was 6-4

And I take that back.

5-4

HR, YK.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is fucking confusing.

Can I get a chart?