Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Peetahman loses Sat, he will not beat a team with a winning record during the regular season

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,613
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
we fucking suck

L, R, R

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,613
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    and no Eastern FS doesn't count
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2014
    Peter Piper is making Sark look like a genius. At least Sark got the Huskies an appearance on Game Day. Of course you ultimately owed your game day appearance to duck prestige, but that #16 ranking was good enough to get you on the big stage and draw the flag waving cougs to Seattle. It also gave Oregon the chance to add a key husky pelt to the collection, solidifying the duckade on a national platform, while firmly driving home the point that the ducks are the true kings of Pacific Northwest football.

Give Peter another year. If he doesn't have the team achieving a greater level of proficiency and trending upward, like Sonny Dykes has done with Cal, then I'd start worrying a bit. If he's as good as advertised, he should be able to put the chess pieces in order, and inspire whatever talent you've got at Washington to work together, buy in and play at a higher ability. I expect to see a more capable Husky team next year. Perhaps it will present a challenge to Oregon. Maybe. We'll see.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Winter is coming, you little bitch.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Winter is coming, you little bitch.

And that's a bad thing? Winter is the playoffs.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

if at the start of the season someone told me Petersen wouldn't beat even one winning team during this season, I wouldn't have believed it for a minute.

Dykes looked shitty his first year too. He inherited a shitty team and seems to have improved it a great deal in his second year. They aren't good yet, but their current trajectory looks promising. Their offensive is truly impressive. Petersen needs to do what Saban did for Alabama, change the team and have it play to its strengths (like he did with their QB -- their team seems to have been custom fitted to Sims and his abilities; he's not even that great, but their team is clicking in their altered state) and fire, if necessary, inept assistants and coordinators. Clean house if that's what it takes. That may set you back yet another year, but I would think it would yield dividends in the longer term.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I thought the only teams we'd beat with a winning record this season would be Arizona and Arizona State.

Expected losses to Oregon, Stanford and UCLA. Expected Arizona, Illinois and Georgia State to be between 1-11 to 4-8 teams. Expected Cal, Col and Wazzu to have losing records this season, and Oregon State to be 6-6.

I'm not surprised, but I'm still disappointed, even if we happen to beat Arizona tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The PAC 12. You're Bayne.

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The PAC 12. You're Bayne.

Nope.

The UW #1 car is in the trailer getting the frame straightened.

Didn't even qualify.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I couldn't fucking care.

We are getting the same season we would have gotten with Sark, but likely with one more win. I'm not convinced Sark would have beat EWU and/or Hawaii.

Peterman has earned the right to burn it down and build it his way.

I'll start caring in year 3 ...
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    How many more games would we have lost if we had given up around 300 more yards in penalties? Because that's what we would have had with Sark.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    Standard Supporter
    If each of these guys started every game this year, it's tough not to think we'd have 1 or 2 more wins: Stringfellow, Riva, Peters, and Charles.

Of course Stringfellow was a total idiot who got into fights about the Broncos while not even being from Colorado and Peters had the distinction of being suspended by two different coaching staffs. As for Riva, the offense stunk when he missed most of 2012 with a broken arm and it's happening again since he's missed pretty much the whole season. Tough to go from a 6'7" 313 lbs RS-SR OT with loads of starts under his belt to a 6'4" 281 lbs RS-Frosh who is young for his age and really needed another year of development.

Charles missed part of the Oregon game and then has missed the last 3 games. His backup Tunfunga who had never really played and his only scholarship offer was from Sloppy Steve and Dan Cozzetto so it's no coincidence that we've gone 1-3 in the last 4 games against better competition and missing 40% of our OL (with Riva probably our best OL).

Next year we'll benefit from Coleman Shelton getting so many starts and Tufunga competing for the RG spot after playing some this year, but man would it be nice to get Riva and Charles back for Arizona. It sounds like Charles is probably but Riva is questionable...I really hope to see #59 out there tomorrow.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2014
    What about the cuogs and their moral victories? They are a couple bad calls, a couple bad breaks, from leading the North. An Apple Cup win will ahve to count for something
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    Standard Supporter
    I guess to look for another silver lining besides a boatload of frosh playing in the secondary and at Shelton at RT basically a returning starter for next year, the only places where the previous staff left good depth (DL and LB) is where we'll be losing most of our starters. The biggest drop off will probably be at the Buck position, with either RS-Frosh Jaylen Johnson or a JC guy being the likely answer there.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    so what? Soon the off season is here and you have hope Peterman gets better or you don't. Won't change a thing.