Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He looks like a legit gunslinger to me. I think it's the best QB TBS video I've seen since I started watching them when Casey Paus was recruited. It's not as exciting as Stanback's or Locker's but sure looks better if you're looking for evidence of polished QB play. He makes every kind of throw and hits most of them in the facemask, goes through his reads, anticipates, and manipulates defenders with his eyes. His throwing motion is quick and velocity is there when he needs it. He has mobility similar to the guys UW has right now. I don't see anything not to like.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    OK. This kid looks like QB1 for next year. His line protected him fairly well but showed good evasive ability when they didn't. Stands up in the pocket and is comfortable there when under some pressure. Sets feet well. Amazing touch on the deep ball. The best part though, was looking at his eyes and how he used them for deception.

Comes from a big passing offense and plays tough competition.

He'll be QB1.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Perhaps wishful thinking and the blue unis, but he does remind me a Kellen Moore, except with better throwing mechanics.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

OK. This kid looks like QB1 for next year. His line protected him fairly well but showed good evasive ability when they didn't. Stands up in the pocket and is comfortable there when under some pressure. Sets feet well. Amazing touch on the deep ball. The best part though, was looking at his eyes and how he used them for deception.

Comes from a big passing offense and plays tough competition.

He'll be QB1.

A lot to assume at this poont. We'll have to see how he adjusts to reading defenses, having inferior receivers, etc. All I'll say at this poont is it does appear like he'll at least be in the competition for the starting gig, which makes him only the second incoming UW QB I've ever thought that about, with Lockner. Of course, during the run of highly rated Puyallup QB's we always had established quality on the depth chart ahead of them.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

He looks like a legit gunslinger to me. I think it's the best QB TBS video I've seen since I started watching them when Casey Paus was recruited. It's not as exciting as Stanback's or Locker's but sure looks better if you're looking for evidence of polished QB play. He makes every kind of throw and hits most of them in the facemask, goes through his reads, anticipates, and manipulates defenders with his eyes. His throwing motion is quick and velocity is there when he needs it. He has mobility similar to the guys UW has right now. I don't see anything not to like.

I haven't watched many, but Lindquist looked like a monster in his video. I watched a minute of Browning's. He looked good. It was nice to see he can scramble a little bit.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Low ball release, and lacks velocity... We will see
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    These are his junior highlights, just realized that. Nice stuff.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    chuck said:

Haha you suck Dennis. I'll bet you 20 Sven bucks he turns out good. This offense needs a pocket passer...a guy who can slide a bit to elude the rush and get the ball out quick when he makes reads. Miles will never be that guy. He doesn't have the poise or the arm. Troy Williams could be but didn't show much promise in his first chance. He's not out of the running though. Two years from now it's either going to be Browning, Williams, or maybe the hyphenated guy. I'll put my Sven $$ on Browning.
    20 Sven bucks it is. It's a hard bet to make because even if he's really good, he could be behind KCMasterpiece-Jenkins his whole career. Still, I just think his ball placement (75k) isn't good, his velocity is average and he's in a system that highlights what he can do.

I honestly didn't see one pass that got me excited. But I don't know anything, it's just what I think.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Haha you suck Dennis. I'll bet you 20 Sven bucks he turns out good. This offense needs a pocket passer...a guy who can slide a bit to elude the rush and get the ball out quick when he makes reads. Miles will never be that guy. He doesn't have the poise or the arm. Troy Williams could be but didn't show much promise in his first chance. He's not out of the running though. Two years from now it's either going to be Browning, Williams, or maybe the hyphenated guy. I'll put my Sven $$ on Browning.
    I honestly didn't see one pass that got me excited. But I don't know anything, it's just what I think.

Nor do I.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

20 Sven bucks it is. It's a hard bet to make because even if he's really good, he could be behind KCMasterpiece-Jenkins his whole career. Still, I just think his ball placement (75k) isn't good, his velocity is average and he's in a system that highlights what he can do.

That is why I can't get excited about Browning. In 2016, we will sign another highly touted QB who fans will be touting as the QB of the future.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Honest question, what did Kellen Moore's tape look like?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

We're going to hate him by 2017.

Simple fact.

The longer they stay the worse they get. Iron laws or something.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

We're going to hate him by 2017.

Simple fact.

As long as we get to hate Hymen-Saumals in 2016 then I'm good with this.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

I haven't watched many, but Lindquist looked like a monster in his video. I watched a minute of Browning's. He looked good. It was nice to see he can scramble a little bit.
    I don't disagree but I will say that California competition > Washington competition.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

I don't disagree but I will say that California competition > Washington competition.
    FWIW, here are the senior seasons of the QBs on roster (except KJCS who I can only find Jr year info):

Miles: (looks like his senior year was cut short since he only played 8 games)
    70.0% completions, 1354 yards, 14 TDs to 8 INTs [106.9 QB rating]
    161 rushing yards and 2 TDs

Lindquist:
    55.3% completions, 1908 yards, 22 TDs to 7 INTs [96.7 QB rating]
    826 rushing and 12 TDs

Williams:
    71.8% completions, 2881 yards, 39 TDs to 6 INTs [137.2 QB rating]
    396 rushing yards and 10 TDs

KJCS (can't find senior stats, so using junior):
    54.3% completions, 1230 yards, 12 TDs
    632 rushing yards and 12 TDs

Browning (to date):
    69.7% completions, 3507 yards, 56 TDs to 4 INTs [141.5 QB rating] ~ he's on pace for 5261 yards, 84 TDs and 6 INTs this year
    51 rushing yards and 2 TDs
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Williams and Browning are the passers. One of these guys needs to step up and become the QB for the next few years. I'm tired of unpolished QBs with no feel for the pocket and no experience sitting back and dissecting defenses with their eyes and arm. Recruiting hybrid QB/athlete types like Lindy and Miles makes sense if they're going to be featured runners and/or you're able to convert them into polished passers. Neither seems to be the case.