Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What Peterman's up against, explained in one map.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This validates everything we've been saying for twenty years. But holy fuck, seeing it like this is a pretty rude awakening. 1991 might as well be 1891. Story.

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Verizon's coverage map is really looking solid.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    Taking a quick look at all of the big teams in major cities on the west coast, UW is no different than USC, UCLA, Stanford, or Cal. The NYTimes methodology used the social internet to measure % of posts about the local team compared to other interests... people in big cities have a lot of other interested to post about. People in Lincoln Neb or Alabama or Eugene... not so much.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Look at Alabama and then look at Washington. Wow, just wow.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    TTJ said:

This validates everything we've been saying for twenty years. But holy fuck, seeing it like this is a pretty rude awakening. 1991 might as well be 1891. Story.

Wow, you're telling me that winning causes fan interest? Holy shit man! Nebraska the outlier, but then they are fucking classy. Iowans and Arkansans must lead miserable and pathetic lives.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

There are about 1,000,000 more things to do in Washington than Alabama, especially if you like the outdoors.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2014
    Your team is located in Seattle. That is about as bad as it gets. I saw more O stickers than W stickers (none) in that city. Aside from that, the state of Washington as a whole deserves the 2 shitty teams that they have, because obviously not enough of you give a fuck. Washington State is fast approaching its own duckade. Oregon gives a fuck. And Oregon owns both your asses. What are you going to do about it? Probably nothing....
  • Options
    Founders Club

Your team is located in Seattle. That is about as bad as it gets. I saw more O stickers than W stickers (none) in that city. Aside from that, the state of Washington as a whole deserves the 2 shitty teams that they have, because obviously not enough of you give a fuck. Oregon gives a fuck. And Oregon owns you. What are you going to do about it? Probably nothing....

People would give a fuck if the university gave a fuck.

Turns out that for over a decade, they didn't.

HTH.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Your team is located in Seattle. That is about as bad as it gets. I saw more O stickers than W stickers (none) in that city. Aside from that, the state of Washington as a whole deserves the 2 shitty teams that they have, because obviously not enough of you give a fuck. Oregon gives a fuck. And Oregon owns you. What are you going to do about it? Probably nothing....

People would give a fuck if the university gave a fuck.

Turns out that for over a decade, they didn't.

HTH.
    hr, yk
  • Options

There are about 1,000,000 more things to do in Washington than Alabama, especially if you like the outdoors.

And you can do the same 1,000,000 things in Oregon that you can do in Washington, except pump your own gas. How does that explain the discrepancy between teams and fucks given?
  • Options
    Founders Club

How does that explain the discrepancy between teams and fucks given?
    Are you new?
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited November 2014
    There is a lot of measurement bias in the methodology of the study. Look at how far down California is in that list... because it is a state with a very large population, which makes the denominator very large in the % equation. Alabama's population is small... like Oregon's.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1

And you can do the same 1,000,000 things in Oregon that you can do in Washington, except pump your own gas. How does that explain the discrepancy between teams and fucks given?
    except for the part about oregon being a shithole. But still.........
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Seattle has lots of towelheads, japs, Mexicans, junkies, liberals, pussies and gays. Maybe that's it. Not exactly a football loving demographic.
  • Options

• Options

Seattle has lots of towelheads, japs, Mexicans, junkies, liberals, pussies and gays. Maybe that's it. Not exactly a football loving demographic.

I know a liberal gay towelheaded junkie and he loves football. You can't stereotype an entire demographic just because a few extremists hate football.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2014
    Postal91 said:

That's because you cover your whole fucking back window with it. The reason whOregon has 3,865 uniform combinations is because they know that all you fuckers will spend your government checks to get your official gameday Beige and Giraffe print Mariota jersey to support Tethered Spinal cord syndrome, instead of paying off your lease on your river van.

Ducks are like vegans... how do you know a person is an whOregon Duck, they tell you.

I saw more O stickers than W stickers (none) in that city.

You're going to fit in well here. Wellcum.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    Founders Club
    Dr. Reverend ML King Jr. Co. is eight percent. That's pathetic. If it were only pussy faggot hipster Seattle I could see it, but the entire county? All the Eastside yuppies and South County bubbas can't bring that up?

I'm so glad I ditched that place, because it ditched me first. Fucking overweight hipster women in skinny jeans leading cheers at Sounder gaymes counts as sports cheering now.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    Founders Club
    Dr. Reverend ML King Jr. Co. is eight percent. That's pathetic. If it were only pussy faggot hipster Seattle I could see it, but the entire county? All the Eastside yuppies and South County bubbas can't bring that up?

I'm so glad I ditched that place, because it ditched me first. Fucking overweight hipster women in skinny jeans leading cheers at Sounder gaymes counts as sports cheering now.