Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen deserves a lot of blame for what happened tonight

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,157
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
The lack of talent may not be his fault, but that level of sloppiness and poor usage of Shaq from today is on him. What a frustrating game.

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2014

Watching your defense get shredded for 14 points to start the game while your All-American linebacker gets 1 carry for two yards in the first two series is fucking special.

Right DJ?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,539
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I understand why the coaching staff is tearing the program apart, weeding out the bad apples, and trying to do this the longer, but more fruitful way. I don't understand why they are barely competitive against good teams with the players they have left.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

There were more than a few in our group tonight that wanted to punch out this dude in our section that was busy talking up how great Sark was because he took us back from the depths of Owen Twelve. What did you say to him?

And if that wasn't enough, I got to watch the Jack family in front of me pose for the cameras all night and act like rock stars as they enjoyed the moment. I hate watching visitors celebrate in Husky Stadium. Getting tired of seeing it. Did you tell them to fuck off?

Sitting by while people crap on your front lawn is not acceptable.

• Options
    Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2014

Agree, that was the most frustrating thing of all. We could clearly move the ball on them. Also, on those 2-3 drives we were running the up tempo offense, and then all of a sudden in the red zone they slow down and look to the sideline for every play call.

• Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    Peterman is fiercely loyal to the process. He doesn't care about winning. Winning is an unintentional byproduct of "the process"...

...when 90% of your schedule is made up of mid-major teams you are more talented than. Trying to win games, especially trying to scrape out wins week in and week out, is something Peterman has never had to do before and he appears to be shitty at it. Perhaps he can learn on the job.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    The true process:

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

MisterEm said:

Watching your defense get shredded for 14 points to start the game while your All-American linebacker gets 1 carry for two yards in the first two series is fucking special.

Right DJ?

What frustrated me the most is that we didn't go north-south with Shaq until the third series of the game. And then on 2-3 other drives, we would march down the field just pounding the rock, and once we hit the red zone, we'd get all cute with the double reverse candy ass bullshit stuff. Instead of doing what was working.

Why? For the love of God, why?
    SmithFS. The entire staff on the offensive side is kinda a weird group, but it's topped off by an inexperienced OC that appear to be in way over his head.
  • Options

MisterEm said:

Right DJ?

What frustrated me the most is that we didn't go north-south with Shaq until the third series of the game. And then on 2-3 other drives, we would march down the field just pounding the rock, and once we hit the red zone, we'd get all cute with the double reverse candy ass bullshit stuff. Instead of doing what was working.

Why? For the love of God, why?
    SmithFS. The entire staff on the offensive side is kinda a weird group, but it's topped off by an inexperienced OC that appear to be in way over his head.
    In over his head? Or, incapable of molding his offense to the team in front of him?

Or, abundance?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,875
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

There's no doubt some levels of sloppiness and one of the things really bothering me tonight is the number of instances of what I'd term selfish plays out there. Sometimes they worked ... often times they didn't.

Offensively, you should NEVER have a delay of game coming on the first play to start a series. But then again, I don't think that there's an ounce of leadership in that group at all. I don't think many believe in one another. And that's tough. A good QB would operate with command and conviction - two traits that are sorely lacking with Miles (among many others).

I definitely see instances where we're taking some steps back to take bigger steps forward. They have to happen during a culture change and the culture under Sark will never be one that wins at the highest levels. HOWEVER, there's a lot of people that I know right now in various forms that are finding what we're watching to be difficult to watch - and there's no question it is due to the lack of QB play. Those that pay attention to the sizzle aren't seeing it and they don't know what to think.

There were more than a few in our group tonight that wanted to punch out this dude in our section that was busy talking up how great Sark was because he took us back from the depths of Owen Twelve.

And if that wasn't enough, I got to watch the Jack family in front of me pose for the cameras all night and act like rock stars as they enjoyed the moment. I hate watching visitors celebrate in Husky Stadium. Getting tired of seeing it.

Did the family consist of his mom, possible half siblings, no dad, and were most of them wearing jerseys? Just curious. I think I saw "mom" posing for the Fox camera.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2014

Agree, that was the most frustrating thing of all. We could clearly move the ball on them. Also, on those 2-3 drives we were running the up tempo offense, and then all of a sudden in the red zone they slow down and look to the sideline for every play call.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

There's no doubt some levels of sloppiness and one of the things really bothering me tonight is the number of instances of what I'd term selfish plays out there. Sometimes they worked ... often times they didn't.

Offensively, you should NEVER have a delay of game coming on the first play to start a series. But then again, I don't think that there's an ounce of leadership in that group at all. I don't think many believe in one another. And that's tough. A good QB would operate with command and conviction - two traits that are sorely lacking with Miles (among many others).

I definitely see instances where we're taking some steps back to take bigger steps forward. They have to happen during a culture change and the culture under Sark will never be one that wins at the highest levels. HOWEVER, there's a lot of people that I know right now in various forms that are finding what we're watching to be difficult to watch - and there's no question it is due to the lack of QB play. Those that pay attention to the sizzle aren't seeing it and they don't know what to think.

There were more than a few in our group tonight that wanted to punch out this dude in our section that was busy talking up how great Sark was because he took us back from the depths of Owen Twelve.

And if that wasn't enough, I got to watch the Jack family in front of me pose for the cameras all night and act like rock stars as they enjoyed the moment. I hate watching visitors celebrate in Husky Stadium. Getting tired of seeing it.

Did the family consist of his mom, possible half siblings, no dad, and were most of them wearing jerseys? Just curious. I think I saw "mom" posing for the Fox camera.
    That was them - all wearing Jack jerseys in the front row. Not only was Fox giving them air time, but there was a huge PAC12 Network crew around them for most of the game.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

There were more than a few in our group tonight that wanted to punch out this dude in our section that was busy talking up how great Sark was because he took us back from the depths of Owen Twelve. What did you say to him?

And if that wasn't enough, I got to watch the Jack family in front of me pose for the cameras all night and act like rock stars as they enjoyed the moment. I hate watching visitors celebrate in Husky Stadium. Getting tired of seeing it. Did you tell them to fuck off?

My friends knew I was about to go off on this guy when they started to hear it ... they talked me out of it.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Passion said:

Tequilla said:

My friends knew I was about to go off on this guy when they started to hear it ... they talked me out of it.
    So you're saying the gloves were coming off?

Pics or GTFO!
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    It seems like half the starters are true freshmen or undersized 2 star Sark recruits. How is that Pete's fault. And the depth is near non existent. If injuries continue and some don't get back, we will be lucky to win another game this season.