Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Day After

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited November 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
There is nothing worse than watching UW's defense get pushed around all day and play soft coverage. I will take shitty offense all day over pussified defense. I wanted to break my TV last night, but with Peters and Kikaha out, this should have been expected. Both guys raised the play of their position groups and masked some weaknesses. There was almost zero pass rush without Kikaha. Some guys will improve by next year, but next year's defense is going to be a dreckfest. I think there will be many posters wanting to fire Kwiatowski after some shitty defensive performances next year.

On offense that was sadly one of our better games despite all the QB and coaching fuck ups. Like Damone said in his post, I would have taken 30 points before the game. The positive was we ran the ball well. We had over 200 yards rushing. Shaq is a fucking beast at RB and the other two played well when they were in. I liked finally seeing some called Miles' runs. I have no fucking clue why we stopped doing it after the Illinois game. The negative was Miles sucks and is indecisive, the OL never picks up the blitz, and the reverses are fucking maddening. Run the ball. Mix in some QB runs to keep the defense honest. Play action off that. Take a couple shots deep. The deep balls were well thrown balls, even the incomplete ones. The dink and dunk and bubble screens are not going to work with Miles at QB. His long delivery, indecisiveness, and a horrible snap half the time fuck up the timing of any quick passing game. Mickens is small and sucks. Stops giving him the ball on reverses.

Now to coaching. What the fuck? A delay of game after a kick off. Poor special teams except for Ross' return. We all see the retarded playcalling on offense. On a crucial third down on defense, Timu was getting calls from the sideline and changing shit up. We weren't even ready when UCLA snapped the ball. Of course they got the first down. As DNC noted last night, that was about the worst two minute offense I've ever seen. Miles looked clueless. Why the fuck does he look clueless this late in the season? I would assume they run two minute stuff everyday in practice. This is not a well coached team. I really hope it gets better, but it is worrisome. And this may be because losing fucking sucks, but Petersen looked like a dipshit moping around with his arms crossed as we were getting our teeth kicked in. It reminded me of Sark looking hopeless and on the verge of tears when he got blown out.

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

... but Petersen looked like a dipshit moping around with his arms crossed as we were getting our teeth kicked in. It reminded me of Sark looking hopeless and on the verge of tears when he got blown out.

If I see Petersen wearing this hat combo, I'm donating my season tickets to Joey's Make-A-Wish foundation immediately:
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,141
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kikaha was out? I didn't even notice. I blame the beautiful sunset that distracted me and the 20k people who had to take pics of it
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 710
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bottom line is this roster is filled with holes. We have average to bellow average players starting on the lines and skill positions on both sides of the ball. I agree things were sloppy but I really think those mistakes happen to every team no matter how well coached they are. I saw silly delay and small coaching mistakes in the Bama LSU game. I think these are just heightened because the lack of talent can't overcome little mistakes. The biggest reason however is incompetent QB play. The starting QB on this team is one of the worst in all of div 1 football. Simply unbelievable how simple throws can't be done.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2014
    H_D said:

... but Petersen looked like a dipshit moping around with his arms crossed as we were getting our teeth kicked in. It reminded me of Sark looking hopeless and on the verge of tears when he got blown out.

If I see Petersen wearing this hat combo, I'm donating my season tickets to Joey's Make-A-Wish foundation immediately:
    this was right before he lost his chin entirely.

fat boy be like ....
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Kikaha was out? I didn't even notice. I blame the beautiful sunset that distracted me and the 20k people who had to take pics of it

I thought you said it was only 15k. Make up your mind.
  • Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

The bad:
    -Cyler still looks terrible
    -Line still looks terrible
    -Wr are still terrible as a whole
    -Our young secondary got torched.
    -Mickens Jet sweep/ play calls. Very WTF when Shaq is beasting all over them.
    -TSOFO
    -Some of our deficiencies are due to shit talent, but some of the coaching hasn't looked good either (12 men on field, Cyler still plays scared, 2 minute offense, etc)

The good:
    -We didn't sustain too many injuries
    -Shaq is a beast
    -Our Freshmen WRs look like the best ones on the team (bodes well for future)
    -Many of the players who look out of their league are old and graduating. If the young WRs are any indication, Peterman seems to be good at identifying talent. Lets hope he is good at identifying OL so we can have a decent one for the first time in over a decade.
    -We knew that TSIFO as soon as we started Pac 12 play, lets be honest. These results shouldn't be that surprising, especially when we ran off so much talent.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,552
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Sunsets don't happen everyday!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,876
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The two minute offense is crap. Please let hyphen guy be a good q.b. I'm sick of this.

I did notice Petersen's weird body language. I never watched a ton of Boise State but he didn't act like that with them.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

There is nothing worse than watching UW's defense get pushed around all day and play soft coverage. I will take shitty offense all day over pussified defense. I wanted to break my TV last night, but with Peters and Kikaha out, this should have been expected. Both guys raised the play of their position groups and masked some weaknesses. There was almost zero pass rush without Kikaha. Some guys will improve by next year, but next year's defense is going to be a dreckfest. I think there will be many posters wanting to fire Kwiatowski after some shitty defensive performances next year.

On offense that was sadly one of our better games despite all the QB and coaching fuck ups. Like Damone said in his post, I would have taken 30 points before the game. The positive was we ran the ball well. We had over 200 yards rushing. Shaq is a fucking beast at RB and the other two played well when they were in. I liked finally seeing some called Miles' runs. I have no fucking clue why we stopped doing it after the Illinois game. The negative was Miles sucks and is indecisive, the OL never picks up the blitz, and the reverses are fucking maddening. Run the ball. Mix in some QB runs to keep the defense honest. Play action off that. Take a couple shots deep. The deep balls were well thrown balls, even the incomplete ones. The dink and dunk and bubble screens are not going to work with Miles at QB. His long delivery, indecisiveness, and a horrible snap half the time fuck up the timing of any quick passing game. Mickens is small and sucks. Stops giving him the ball on reverses.

Now to coaching. What the fuck? A delay of game after a kick off. Poor special teams except for Ross' return. We all see the retarded playcalling on offense. On a crucial third down on defense, Timu was getting calls from the sideline and changing shit up. We weren't even ready when UCLA snapped the ball. Of course they got the first down. As DNC noted last night, that was about the worst two minute offense I've ever seen. Miles looked clueless. Why the fuck does he look clueless this late in the season? I would assume they run two minute stuff everyday in practice. This is not a well coached team. I really hope it gets better, but it is worrisome. And this may be because losing fucking sucks, but Petersen looked like a dipshit moping around with his arms crossed as we were getting our teeth kicked in. It reminded me of Sark looking hopeless and on the verge of tears when he got blown out.

An adult is in charge now. You just need your Jared Zabransky
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The two minute offense is crap. Please let hyphen guy be a good q.b. I'm sick of this.

I did notice Petersen's weird body language. I never watched a ton of Boise State but he didn't act like that with them.

I prefer "Hymen Guy"

I agree with you though, I hope Carta-Hymen-Samuals can take over this QB stable of suck.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Solid poast.

What is clear to me is that this team is still full of retarded pussies that Sark brought in. I think the only way to straighten Cylers head would be to chop it off and sew it back on.

If Petersens players are constantly fucking up with these penalties I'll be concerned. Until then I'll hold firmly in LIPO. Culture change doesn't happen overnight and we are getting this frustrating season as a result.

Whew that smells a lot like some typology v. 0. 3
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

MelloDawg said:

I thought you said it was only 15k. Make up your mind.
    Mello is, and will always be, 75K.

Simple fact