Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete can't recruit or relate to inner city edgy kids..

13»

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Canard said:

Empatamann was a white 2 star farm boy from Idaho.

Dr. Feelgood and his needles provided the other three stars.
    This cumstain is still here?
    The Duck said something?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I remember something from when baker was on his recruiting visit. He said he had a blast playing ping pong with peterson for hours. Someone who can't relate to players doesn't spend a long time hanging out.

I think what peterson lacks is a bullshit meter. Whether that equals success at a place like UW could get interesting. He doesn't have the used car salesman attitude to sell some top 5* guys or tell a kid he'll play a position when they know he won't. We will lose recruits for this, but I also think we gain far more that are willing to bleed purple. Dissly is going to be that guy, baker is already that guy.

He will have more and more and more like this, but we will never win the February national championship with Pete.

From what I know of Chip Kelly he was the same way - didn't suffer fools gladly and no bullshit meter whatsoever. He caught some flack from some, and even some of his own idiot fans, for not schmoozing and bullshitting with the donors but he had more important things to do. I'm guessing Kelly and Petersen would get along pretty well.
    There's that. My sense is that Petersen does better with people off the field than Kelly does. For instance, I cant recall Chipper talking his role as an educator. Maybe @AZDuck‌ knows better.
    Chipper actually did really well with the "edgy" kids. Think about LaGarette Blount, DeAnthony Thomas, Colt Lyerla and Cliff Harris. All of those guys had substantial issues that the Chipster was able to work with them and keep them eligible. Thomas, and Lyerla got kicked off the team or basically demoted by Helfrich, who is apparently quite the disciplinarian. Harris was in a category all his own.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    beelzebub said:

He's a lazy recruiter he wont fight for the higher ranked kid, he said he wasnt going to waist his time on recruiting kids who have other schools ranked above Huskies, he's going to see very shortly that he wont win in Pac 12 with that nonsense.

Would you like Peterman better if he did waste his time recruiting kids with no interest in Washington?

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

beelzebub said:

He's a lazy recruiter he wont fight for the higher ranked kid, he said he wasnt going to waist his time on recruiting kids who have other schools ranked above Huskies, he's going to see very shortly that he wont win in Pac 12 with that nonsense.

Would you like Peterman better if he did waste his time recruiting kids with no interest in Washington?

Finishing 4th in recruiting for Ruben Foster was special.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    MisterEm said:

beelzebub said:

Finishing 4th in recruiting for Ruben Foster was special.
    4th for recruits > 4th in the P12 North