Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is it time to start quooking again?

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited November 2014 in College Football Forum
After the convincing domination and utter thrashing of our demon Stanford in nearly every aspect of the game? True they aren't as good as they were last year or two years ago, but they came into the game with one of the nation's top defenses (and a shitty offense), and Oregon laid some heavy wood on them, purging, finally, the long shadows cast by those fucking trees, and blasting open a clear path to the playoffs in the process.

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Having watched it up close and personal Stanford is fucking terrible. Maybe terrible is a bit much, but they just aren't very good. David Shaw won't turn it around either.

The script says we lose in SLC. If a win against Utah does happen then you can bust out your Slingblade pajamas.
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited November 2014
    Mosster47 said:

Having watched it up close and personal Stanford is fucking terrible. Maybe terrible is a bit much, but they just aren't very good. David Shaw won't turn it around either.

The script says we lose in SLC. If a win against Utah does happen then you can bust out your Slingblade pajamas.

You were there, too? I thought I saw a gigantic set of eyeballs across the stadium. I love how now your excuse is how Shaw sucks, which I've been saying for two years now. Welcome to the club. Utah doesn't have a fucking chance if MM goes into the game healthy. Missing Armstead is a concern, but Sam Kamp played his ass off last night. If Oregon was 5-4, you'd be in panic mode. There is no "script" for next weekend, because the Ducks beat Furd in a game that matters.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I do love when OBK waxes poetic. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Utah has a crappy qb and not much else on offense. Good defense but we will wear them out and we will win.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Mosster47 said:

You were there, too? I thought I saw a gigantic set of eyeballs across the stadium. I love how now your excuse is how Shaw sucks, which I've been saying for two years now. Welcome to the club. Utah doesn't have a fucking chance if MM goes into the game healthy. Missing Armstead is a concern, but Sam Kamp played his ass off last night. If Oregon was 5-4, you'd be in panic mode. There is no "script" for next weekend, because the Ducks beat Furd in a game that matters.

Pretty much all of us on this site have said once the Harbaugh kids are gone Stanford will be back to the middle. They are and they are.

Kind of like how when Chip's kids are gone Oregon will go back to the Bellotti days, which starts officially next year.

So, you're telling me that you'd just be fine with Oregon starting in the Top 5 with the best player in the country sitting at a 5-4 record? That alone tells me why you take it in the ass.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Pretty much all of us on this site have said once the Harbaugh kids are gone Stanford will be back to the middle. They are and they are.

Kind of like how when Chip's kids are gone Oregon will go back to the Bellotti days, which starts officially next year.

So, you're telling me that you'd just be fine with Oregon starting in the Top 5 with the best player in the country sitting at a 5-4 record? That alone tells me why you take it in the ass.
    I'm not tooting Helfrich's horn, but did Chip recruit MM and Royce Freeman? No. You're a dumbfuck. Go back to educk.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Roll Damn Tide!
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

I'm not tooting Helfrich's horn, but did Chip recruit MM and Royce Freeman? No. You're a dumbfuck. Go back to educk.

Who was the head coach when Mariota became a Duck? In fact, who was the head coach during Mariota's only season worth remembering so far?

Are we playing the assistants get credit and overlook the head man to make a point game?

Yes, Slingblade recruited Royce Freeman. The Ducks have had one of better backfields every year since 1994, so good job Coach Cam. See what I did there?
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Who was the head coach when Mariota became a Duck? In fact, who was the head coach during Mariota's only season worth remembering so far?

Are we playing the assistants get credit and overlook the head man to make a point game?

Yes, Slingblade recruited Royce Freeman. The Ducks have had one of better backfields every year since 1994, so good job Coach Cam. See what I did there?

Good lord, you're an idiot.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

After the convincing domination and utter thrashing of our demon Stanford in nearly every aspect of the game? True they aren't as good as they were last year or two years ago, but they came into the game with one of the nation's top defenses (and a shitty offense), and Oregon laid some heavy wood on them, purging, finally, the long shadows cast by those fucking trees, and blasting open a clear path to the playoffs in the process.

No.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Beat Utah, and I'll lead the quooking dance party for this year. However, I'm worried about what Helfrich will do without Chip's players, minus Freeman who I think was a tremendous get.

Two things the coaches need to get a ton of credit for are:

1) Letting Freeman become the #1 back. Recruiting him in the first place, but also realizing he's the best back we have and not allowing senority to get into the way of making the right move.

2) The utilization of Marshall as a Taser. Marshall might be the most dynamic receiver we have, because of strength and ability to get yards after the catch.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Beat Utah, and I'll lead the quooking dance party for this year. However, I'm worried about what Helfrich will do without Chip's players, minus Freeman who I think was a tremendous get.

Two things the coaches need to get a ton of credit for are:

1) Letting Freeman become the #1 back. Recruiting him in the first place, but also realizing he's the best back we have and not allowing senority to get into the way of making the right move.

2) The utilization of Marshall as a Taser. Marshall might be the most dynamic receiver we have, because of strength and ability to get yards after the catch.

I would have given Helfired credit if obk and pdk weren't suck idiots. That was a good win. But he has to finish. And year 3 and 4 are big.

But so far so good
    When an assistant gets promoted to replace a great coach, they typically don't fall off until around year 4 and even 5 in some cases. Frank Solich, Larry Coker, Bob Toledo, Lambright are a few examples. We are seeing it with Shaw right now in his 4th year. Helfrich might have a drop off next year w/o Mariotta but if he's not a complete fucktard he should hang around 9-10 wins for a few years.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Tyner
    Nelson
    Devon Allen
    Carrington

Good thing those guys aren't contributing.

• Options

I would have given Helfired credit if obk and pdk weren't suck idiots.

Nap time, grampy.