Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Shaq for Heisman!

From the Washington Post:

Shaq Thompson... would be a credit to the award. The Sacramento-raised student at Washington is a football marvel. Playing the first half of the season predominantly as a linebacker bound for shelves full of honors, Thompson not only played Hercules on the Huskies’ defense — and defense is important! — but returned an interception 36 yards for a touchdown, a fumble 52 yards for a touchdown, a fumble 32 yards for a touchdown and a fumble 100 yards for a touchdown.

When the team needed help at running back, he went over there, where the last two weeks he gained 98 yards against Arizona State and 215 all-purpose yards against Colorado, including a 24-yard touchdown run and a 41-yard catch-and-run to set up another score.

He’s happy to help out, but when Seattle reporters asked for his true wish, he said of linebacker, “You get to hit people instead of getting hit.”

What a player.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2014/11/03/heisman-watch-washingtons-shaq-thompson-likely-wont-win-award-but-its-time-to-take-notice/

Comments

• Royce Freeman is 10x the player that Shaq Thompson is, you troll turds. Shaq would have come to Oregon but Tosh bribed him with lots of coffee cups
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    cheswick said:

Royce Freeman is 10x the player that Shaq Thompson is, you troll turds. Shaq would have come to Oregon but Tosh bribed him with lots of coffee cups

If only it was really you.............

Voted down for getting my hopes up.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I'll admit that up until this year, I kind of thought Shaq was not that great. However, he's really come through this year (#wateriswet).

We've had a few players I thought were Heisman worthy in my time (I've watched since around '80): Emtman, Dillon and Tui. If we beat UCLA and Arizona, Shaq would have to be in that conversation, too.

When you score 4 touchdowns on defense in the first 5 games and average 100yds + in your first two starts at RB though you don't really know the plays: you are a fucking baller.

Myles Jack is really good and received a lot of hype before the season, but Shaq is better.
  • KoolAidManKoolAidMan Member Posts: 319
    Bruce Feldman was on the Audible podcast today with Stewart Mandel and was ranting about how Shaq is not one of the 20 Bednarik Award Semifinalists and thought that it might have something to do with two Washington players Kikaha and Shelton being on there and the East Coast bias.
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899

I like Shaq in this game

Better just retire now.. It's only downhill from here.