Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Peak Performance for a first year coach isn't 5 wins?

2»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    EwaDawg said:

I was told... by non-Husky, Husky experts, 5 wins in the first year of a new coach is the most you can expect.

Now we're learning 6 wins casts a pall of doom that suggests we have the wrong guy coaching.

If you are referring to the CUOGS, they are now saying Leech needs six years. I REALLY hope they give it to him.

OTOH, UW could win nine this year and it would be considered a step back from last year (obviously, it would involve five losses).

I hope leach is coach for life. He sucks at coaching. Law is his forte
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited November 2014
    EwaDawg said:

I was told... by non-Husky, Husky experts, 5 wins in the first year of a new coach is the most you can expect.

Now we're learning 6 wins casts a pall of doom that suggests we have the wrong guy coaching.

If you are referring to the CUOGS, they are now saying Leech needs six years. I REALLY hope they give it to him.

OTOH, UW could win nine this year and it would be considered a step back from last year (obviously, it would involve five losses).

I can see it now. 9 wins this years is a step back for 9 wins last year. But Sark left the cupboard full.

Fuck you.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,682 Standard Supporter

EwaDawg said:

Snake oil sales is his forte. The Great and Powerful Oz of college football.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,156
    edited November 2014

EwaDawg said:

I can see it now. 9 wins this years is a step back for 9 wins last year. But Sark left the cupboard full.

Fuck you.
    Mike. I know you sell toilets for a living but you might want to learn beginners math.

9-5 (.643) <<<< 9-4 (.692)

I am not sure how nine wins wouldn't be a step back given the easier nature of the extended schedule for 2014.

Sark left enough in the cupboard to compete. Pete is decent at getting the most out of what he has. He took Sark's leftovers and added his OKGs. From my count, Pete has played roughly 8 of his own recruits with several making significant contributions.

I didn't say that a small step backward isn't acceptable. Or even not expected. You are taking exception to the multiple voices in your head - not to anything I said. It is your very vivid (but likely drug induced) imagination.

I long ago quit hoping for the day that Mike Damone is not a total dumbass retard. It just won't happen.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

EwaDawg said:

Fuck you.
    In the world of Doogs:

.540 > .885
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Fuck you.
    Mike. I know you sell toilets for a living but you might want to learn beginners math.

9-5 (.643) Sark left enough in the cupboard to compete. Pete is decent at getting the most out of what he has. He took Sark's leftovers and added his OKGs. From my count, Pete has played roughly 8 of his own recruits with several making significant contributions.

I didn't say that a small step backward isn't acceptable. Or even not expected. You are taking exception to the multiple voices in your head - not to anything I said. It is your very vivid (but likely drug induced) imagination.

I long ago quit hoping for the day that Mike Damone is not a total dumbass retard. It just won't happen.

Sark left no one on the offense, and only 1 season's worth of players on the defense.

If you can't see we have depth and personnel issues moving forward, you are FS.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    PurpleJ said:

PETERMAN DIDN"T HAVE TO DEAL WITH 0-12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sark inherited 16 NFL players that were on his roster, left to him by Willingham. He inherited what was called a "bare cupboard" according to many non-husky, Husky experts. They hailed Sark for his amazing conquest of 5 wins his first year.

• WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184
    topdawgnc said:

In the world of Doogs:

.540 > .885

Also in the world of doogs:

5-4>5-4>5-4>5-4>5-4
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    We lost to the same three teams last season that we lost to this year.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    Sark didn't leave the the team in shambles this year. Next year I think our talent blows.

Defense is good everywhere but safety.

Offense doesn't have a top flight tailback or qb but they should not be the worst offense in the conference. Petersen gets paid a lot of money to figure it out and right now I would say they have underachieved.

The offense has been a shit show.
  • SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318

Maritime law
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Funny. Petersen is going to cobble together 8 or 9 wins out of the piece of shit offense he was given. Doogs will hate him and still pop wood for the ex-coach who took five years to win 8 games.

I don't want rain on your moral victory, but it's important to remember that 6 of those '8 or 9 wins' came at the expense of the following teams:

Hawaii
    Eastern Washington
    Illinois
    Georgia State
    Colorado
    Cal
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Having a Nicholls State flashback?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Maritime law

You're a crook, Captain Hook