Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

About the Smith bashing

I am mildly amused that everyone here thinks if Smith were gone the offensive result would be any different.

Who here seriously believes Smith is operating in a bubble. Do we really think Peterman has no idea what is happening on the offensive side of the ball?

I can hear the conversation:

Peterman: I think you need to get Ross the ball more.
Smith: Fuck off.
Peterman: OK, what do you think about running Miles in an option look.
Smith: I thought I told you to fuck off.
Peterman: Yeah ... How 'bou...
Smith: Fuck off asshole, I mean it.

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam
    Peterman is just as responsible for the design of the offense as Smith. He's not responsible for individual play calls though. That's where the decision making of the OC comes into question. I think it would be easy to go back and pick out 1-3 series in every game where the play calls were real head scratchers.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    chuck said:

Peterman is just as responsible for the design of the offense as Smith. He's not responsible for individual play calls though. That's where the decision making of the OC comes into question. I think it would be easy to go back and pick out 1-3 series in every game where the play calls were real head scratchers.

If I understand you properly Smith is then completely uncoachable.

Or

Peterman isn't pointing out the errors in play calling.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam

topdawgnc said:

I am mildly amused that everyone here thinks if Smith were gone the offensive result would be any different.

Who here seriously believes Smith is operating in a bubble. Do we really think Peterman has no idea what is happening on the offensive side of the ball?

Peterman chose Smith. Enough said on that.
    Peterman chose Smith, but he didn't choose Miles, Lindquist, or Williams.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

topdawgnc said:

If you cant win with the players you have then you aren't going to win with the players you might hypothetically have in 3 years
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,051
    Nobody here wants Ross going to the NFL after just 3 years. It just makes sense not to give him too many throws.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    If you think that reasoning is going to stop me from calling for the defenestration of Jon Smith, then you're completely fucking wrong. So there's that.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

If you think that reasoning is going to stop me from calling for the defenestration of Jon Smith, then you're completely fucking wrong. So there's that.

Using reason is not your strong suit, so I would not expect it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,706 Founders Club
    Couldn't resist the walk off
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I bash Smith for the simple reason that the offense sucks and he didn't have the resume for the job. If the offense does good, I will be his biggest fan.
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    A guy at the other site said this in a post. He thought Smith fucked up by running Shaq wide at the two against Arizona State.

Smith " Fuck off, every retard knows our fucked OL can't move a defense off the line. And every fuck nose knows Miles couldn't hit a receiver down there."
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

chuck said:

If I understand you properly Smith is then completely uncoachable.

Or

Peterman isn't pointing out the errors in play calling.
    You don't understand me properly then but it's because of the way I worded things. The head coach isn't making the play calls, but he IS responsible for them. Peterman better be coaching Smith and he had better show improvement. He was a bad choice, but he's the OC now and like all raw employees it's going to take some time to get him to where he's on the same page as his boss at all times.

That's where I think things stand, because I think Petersen is better than what his offense has shown so far. Hope I'm right.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

topdawgnc said:

Actually he did. He chose to coach this team.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Houhusky said:

topdawgnc said:

If you cant win with the players you have then you aren't going to win with the players you might hypothetically have in 3 years
    People who voted this down are morons. We've learned this lesson over and over again.

If you voted this down, you probably think Leach needs more time.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    topdawgnc said:

c'mon toppy. You would never have ascended to top salesman at Dilbert Inc. using that language.

More like, ... "great suggestion, Chris... I'll definitely look into that..." (fuck off and let me do my job) ... is what you say to yourself.

• Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    Quit blaming Smith for Miles loserdom.

Hard to have an offense when it's ran by a slow, low motivated quitter.

I am wondering why they haven't tried Shaq at QB at this point
  • SlocusSlocus Member Posts: 289

Houhusky said:

topdawgnc said:

People who voted this down are morons. We've learned this lesson over and over again.

If you voted this down, you probably think Leach needs more time.
    Leach does need more time. To totally run that program into the ground. We can't have half measures being the norm here in the PAC-12 anymore.