Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon aftermath

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
1) Miles is not now, and looks to me as if he will never be a legit Pac 12 caliber QB
2) TSIFO - If you can't see that being out of the Pac-12 race in mid October means TSIFO, then I can't help you
3) Since TSIFO, play Williams - what do we have to lose?
4) Peterman gets his three years, we will see what he can do (LIPO there I suppose)
5) Unless a minor miracle happens, Oregon is going to boatrace us again next year (Peters, half our crappy OL, Shelton, Kikaha, Thompson)
6) Sark stank and culture are huge issues on this team, but let's don't be Doogs to defend Peterman...that was a shitshow today and he is the HC...it falls on him to not have shitshows
7) Can't tell if OC Smith is unimaginative and bad at his job, or limited in his play calling by a sub standard QB - either way, he looks like a bag of assholes right now

That's pretty much it. Glad hunting season is heating up. TSIFO. Hope we make the Ebola Bowel.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I wholeheartedly agree with your first six points, disagree on the 7th. Smith is becoming the fall guy for many Half Brains, but he showed new wrinkles yesterday in trying to utilize what limited offensive firepower we have. He just doesn't have a lot of choices at his disposal.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Agree Derek. He did his job in getting ross looks, but the qb play was atrocious. Hard to coach around that.

I'm curious if the concussion symptoms forced their hand, or if Williams was actually slated to finish the game off.

If it's the latter we have hope for a new starter next week.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I wholeheartedly agree with your first six points, disagree on the 7th. Smith is becoming the fall guy for many Half Brains, but he showed new wrinkles yesterday in trying to utilize what limited offensive firepower we have. He just doesn't have a lot of choices at his disposal.

You are likely right.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I'm afraid our hope lies in the next three recruiting classes. And that fact sucks. Peterman was left with at best a C- shelf of talent with a few B's and A's sprinkled in. WTF do you expect, genies popping out of bottles with three wishes?
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If
    Vegasdawg said:

I'm afraid our hope lies in the next three recruiting classes.

Just wait till 2019
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

1) Miles is not now, and looks to me as if he will never be a legit Pac 12 caliber QB
    2) TSIFO - If you can't see that being out of the Pac-12 race in mid October means TSIFO, then I can't help you
    4) Peterman gets his three years, we will see what he can do (LIPO there I suppose)
    5) Unless a minor miracle happens, Oregon is going to boatrace us again next year (Peters, half our crappy OL, Shelton, Kikaha, Thompson)
    6) Sark stank and culture are huge issues on this team, but let's don't be Doogs to defend Peterman...that was a shitshow today and he is the HC...it falls on him to not have shitshows
    7) Can't tell if OC Smith is unimaginative and bad at his job, or limited in his play calling by a sub standard QB - either way, he looks like a bag of assholes right now

That's pretty much it. Glad hunting season is heating up. TSIFO. Hope we make the Ebola Bowel.

At least Swaye listens to me.

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

At least Swaye listens to me.

Drunks should stick together.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Right now, UW as a football program is some bastardization of Cal, Oregon State, and Utah. I'm officially done dooging over this coaching staff as well. Not just from this game, but also seeing that Stanford was done this year from the beginning (yes Sven/Damone, you were right all along).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Right now, UW as a football program is some bastardization of Cal, Oregon State, and Utah. I'm officially done dooging over this coaching staff as well. Not just from this game, but also seeing that Stanford was done this year from the beginning (yes Sven/Damone, you were right all along).

Sven took the preseason scrimmages too lightly. They told a story that predicted what we see today....
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Disagree on 5. They lose the best football player in the country. We'll see...
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    doogville said:

The true freshman running back kicked ass more so than the best football player in the country ...
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

doogville said:

The true freshman running back kicked ass more so than the best football player in the country ...
    Gets a little harder to stop a good running game when you have two deep safeties accounting for Mariota.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    doogville said:

topdawgnc said:

doogville said:

Gets a little harder to stop a good running game when you have two deep safeties accounting for Mariota.
    Shelton will be gone next year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014
    topdawgnc said:

doogville said:

topdawgnc said:

doogville said:

Shelton will be gone next year.
    He needs to take care of his family. Defensive linemen have a short shelf life. #wellspoken
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Great post Swaye.

But FYI, the TSWO after the fake punt vs. the Furd.

It is becoming an annual event....shitting coaching ending our season against Stanford.