Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rick Neuheisal And The Snitch?

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
I remember when Rick was fired in 2003, there was a lot of talk about the "snitch." Many names were mentioned such as Condotta and Rick Redmond. Did it ever come out who the snitch was?

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,681
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Condotta came up repeatedly from my personal circle of sources. Consorts had a wazzu sticker in his car, that is the PROOF.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Softy Mahler was the snitch.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The snitch worked for the program.

HTH.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,555
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm hearing it was a mick bastard loser
  • Options

The snitch worked for the program.

HTH.

That's what I just said.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm hearing it was a mick bastard loser

Found you a sponsor for your podcast:

I will waive my normal finder's fee.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,681
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Slick Rick won a RB Washington would be lucky to have a guy like slick. He did it the RIGHT WAY won with Lambo's guys. Slick also has a NW championship, Sark can't even sniff his jock.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

jecornel said:

Slick Rick won a RB Washington would be lucky to have a guy like slick. He did it the RIGHT WAY won with Lambo's guys. Slick also has a NW championship, Sark can't even sniff his jock.

I love how Doogs always contradict themselves and use revisionist history when talking about Rick.

- "He only won with Lambo's guys" implying that team was so talented that anyone could have won there. Well guess what? Lambo couldn't win with Lambo's guys and had three teams more talented than the 2000 team. Also same doogs who say that never say "Sark only won a bowl game with Ty Willingham's guys" which that team had almost all Ty recruits.

- They refuse to acknowledge what a great coaching job Rick did in 2000. From a talent perspective I'd take the 1994, 1996, 1997, 2002 and 2003 teams over that one in 2000. Plus you add in the midseason tragedy of Curtis Williams and how Rick didn't allow that to be a distraction instead embraced it.

- Refuse to acknowledge that Rick was a great offensive mind unlike Sark. Rick made adjustments which Sark doesn't do. Rick came here trying to run a pro style offense and UW started off 0-2 and he realized after two fucking games that was a bad idea. So he ran the option offense something he had never done before playing to Tui's strength. While Sark faced a similar situation with Locker and refused to change going 12-13 with Jake when he should have gone 16-9 by simply turning Jake into a spread QB.

- They get on Rick for being soft, neglecting the OL, having star players get in trouble, have a bad season(7-6) yet completely ignore/don't care that Sark is doing that.

I don't think Rick is a great coach but he's sure as hell better than Sark is. Sark in every way is a poor version of Rick.

Firing Rick in June of 2003 was the start of many dumb moves that this Administration has made in the past decade.
    Not sure where you are getting your information from, but I'm pretty sure half your butt buddies on this site were just described in your post. Yet, I'm the biggest fucking doog around and agree with your point of view on Rick. He won a fucking Rose Bowl.....works for me.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_ said:

jecornel said:

I love how Doogs always contradict themselves and use revisionist history when talking about Rick.

- "He only won with Lambo's guys" implying that team was so talented that anyone could have won there. Well guess what? Lambo couldn't win with Lambo's guys and had three teams more talented than the 2000 team. Also same doogs who say that never say "Sark only won a bowl game with Ty Willingham's guys" which that team had almost all Ty recruits.

- They refuse to acknowledge what a great coaching job Rick did in 2000. From a talent perspective I'd take the 1994, 1996, 1997, 2002 and 2003 teams over that one in 2000. Plus you add in the midseason tragedy of Curtis Williams and how Rick didn't allow that to be a distraction instead embraced it.

- Refuse to acknowledge that Rick was a great offensive mind unlike Sark. Rick made adjustments which Sark doesn't do. Rick came here trying to run a pro style offense and UW started off 0-2 and he realized after two fucking games that was a bad idea. So he ran the option offense something he had never done before playing to Tui's strength. While Sark faced a similar situation with Locker and refused to change going 12-13 with Jake when he should have gone 16-9 by simply turning Jake into a spread QB.

- They get on Rick for being soft, neglecting the OL, having star players get in trouble, have a bad season(7-6) yet completely ignore/don't care that Sark is doing that.

I don't think Rick is a great coach but he's sure as hell better than Sark is. Sark in every way is a poor version of Rick.

Firing Rick in June of 2003 was the start of many dumb moves that this Administration has made in the past decade.
    Not sure where you are getting your information from, but I'm pretty sure half your butt buddies on this site were just described in your post. Yet, I'm the biggest fucking doog around and agree with your point of view on Rick. He won a fucking Rose Bowl.....works for me.
    What the fuck am I reading?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Losers lose. And lie
  • Options
    BAMAdawg10BAMAdawg10 Member Posts: 145
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Losers lose. And lie

Ah, the life of abundance!
  • Options
    AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    God, this debate I did not miss. Skippy never wanted to be at Washington. He was looking for the next gig every day he spent at UW. He lied to the press, he lied to the administration, and he lied to fans.

His teams got worse every year he was here.

And he did create a thug culture in the program. Those Seattle Times stories were accurate and well deserved.

What came after Skippy sucked. That doesn't mean he was the right guy; he wasn't.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Uh nobody said he was the right guy. And those were lambos thugs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I don't even think anyone had a problem with firing Rick after the 7-6 season but it was firing him in June what had most fans pissed off.

Also Rick was fired for something stupid that his whole coaching staff including Gilby was also involved in some basketball pool which the whole nation does as well.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,001
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I don't even think anyone had a problem with firing Rick after the 7-6 season but it was firing him in June what had most fans pissed off.

Also Rick was fired for something stupid that his whole coaching staff including Gilby was also involved in some basketball pool which the whole nation does as well.

There were a few other things (he lied about the 49er interview, the minor recruiting violations, and he was in hot water with the Coaches Association.. I know,who cares but it does reflect poorly). What was the administration supposed to do? Keep letting him fuck up, then fire him 6 months or a year later? There was a pattern.

His w-l wasn't bad, but that 2002 season was an omen of things to come. Their mistake wasn't Hiring an interim coach, then hiring a real coach like THE OHIO STATE did with Rural Meyer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

There were a few other things (he lied about the 49er interview, the minor recruiting violations, and he was in hot water with the Coaches Association.. I know,who cares but it does reflect poorly). What was the administration supposed to do? Keep letting him fuck up, then fire him 6 months or a year later? There was a pattern.

His w-l wasn't bad, but that 2002 season was an omen of things to come. Their mistake wasn't Hiring an interim coach, then hiring a real coach like THE OHIO STATE did with Rural Meyer.
    If they were that upset about Rick yes you keep him for the season then fire him at the season end. By firing him in June you left yourself with only one option which was Gilby. A coach who bombed at Cal and a coach who nobody ever thought of as a head coach since then.

Now you are correct they should have fired Gilby after the 6-6 season.

Firing Rick in June started the pattern of making awful decisions that is still present this day.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Disagree with some of this.

You don't fire a coach in June without a major scandal Petrino level scandal. Nothing Rick did came close to that, and neither did the sum of his transgressions. If you want to make the decision to let him go after the season, great, that gives you time to get a head start on a replacement list. Firing him in June kicked the team in the nuts. Yeah, Dave's famous 12-0 prediction was crazy but no one had a massive issue with it at the time. That was a good team with a lot of talent. Firing the beloved (by the kids) HC in June and replacing him with TUFF ass Gilby destroyed that season, which destroyed the recruiting class. Firing Gilby after the first year would have helped assuage a lot of that, but 03 was still a lost season that didn't have to be. Every season counts.