Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW special teams....

Hasn't had a KOR for a TD since 2007.

No PR for a TD since 2003.

Former UW standout Jermaine Kearse returns a kick for a TD for 107 yards.

Sark didn't even have Kearse attempt one KR at all during our time when our return game sucked!

Way to know your roster once again!

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sark should have been getting him Lasik surgery 4 years ago. That shit turned this kid into a beast.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013

Sark should have been getting him Lasik surgery 4 years ago. That shit turned this kid into a beast.

Those fucking idiots act like Kearse is the only WR who ever wore contacts. Oh, but the rubber stuff gets in his eyes, anyone with contacts knows this. If the pellets bothered him that much, he should have wore a fucking visor. I played on field turf in probably 75% of my games from youth football to high school, and never got the rubber pellets in my eyes. I wish I would have thought of blaming my contacts and rubber shit in my eye anytime I fucked up.

I'm sure getting Lasic is awesome. Wearing contacts sucks, but he just had a drop last week. I'm sure Kearse dropped some passes on grass in college as well. What's the excuse for those drops?

It's just a story, the papers need to come up with something, but fucking idiot doogs just eat it up, and act like his eyes were the reason he dropped all those passes. They hit his fucking hands, so he obviously saw them well enough. He's getting a chance and shining in the NFL, which shouldn't be a huge surprise. He dropped a few too many passes at UW, but he was a playmaker and was our best WR for three straight years.

• Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Not sure who those fucking idiots are, but Kearse was interviewed a couple of days ago and said it hasn't really made a difference playing football. He had it done for his everyday life. So not sure why you are blaming him for making excuses.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    IMALOSER_ said:

Not sure who those fucking idiots are, but Kearse was interviewed a couple of days ago and said it hasn't really made a difference playing football. He had it done for his everyday life. So not sure why you are blaming him for making excuses.

I wasn't blaming him. There's a place where a bunch of UW fans who are morons convene. You should try it out. They are all saying, "I wish Kearse would have gotten Lasic when he was here at UW!" "Can you imagine how good Kearse would have been if he got this done four years ago?"

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    It just pisses me off when Doogs state Sark inherited a mess. Go back and look at that 2009 roster that team had a lot more talent than every Sark cock gobbling faggot($75,000) would ever admit.

UW had terrible return game in the Sark years, Kearse showed today he is more than capable of being a big play guy in the return game yet that was never explored while he was at UW.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It was a Pre-season game. Remember these games are worthless as I was told last week.

I was/am a huge Kearse/Aguilar fan. One of the reasons I wasn't surprised last year when our pass offense took a nose dive. Having Williams as your #3 WR is a pretty good thing.

Watch the video and tell me if it's a great return or crappy coverage. Not sure why you need to try and connect his great game with Sark Sucking. Really not sure how the two are connected. 7 degress to Kevin Bacon.....I guess.

seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Jermaine-Kearse-kick-return-for-a-touchdown/e51f1b92-113d-4f0e-abc4-803c62159bdc

It was great to see a former Dawg shine tonight even if it was a pre-season game.
  • Options

"Todd Dybas ‏@Todd_Dybas 10m
    Asked Kearse if Steve Sarkisian ever brought up returning kicks to him, "No. I was on the front line blocking." Then, he laughed."

Great way of judging talent there Your return games sucked, instead of using your big play WR to return kicks who proved today he obviously can you instead used him as a blocker on the front line.

Once again great job Sark on recognizing your talent. Doogs will say he lacked bullets but like Ty he had the guys he just didn't know how to use them properly.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    scott woodward will try to have this thread deleted in 3... 2...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    IMALOSER_ said:

It was a Pre-season game. Remember these games are worthless as I was told last week.

I was/am a huge Kearse/Aguilar fan. One of the reasons I wasn't surprised last year when our pass offense took a nose dive. Having Williams as your #3 WR is a pretty good thing.

Watch the video and tell me if it's a great return or crappy coverage. Not sure why you need to try and connect his great game with Sark Sucking. Really not sure how the two are connected. 7 degress to Kevin Bacon.....I guess.

seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Jermaine-Kearse-kick-return-for-a-touchdown/e51f1b92-113d-4f0e-abc4-803c62159bdc

It was great to see a former Dawg shine tonight even if it was a pre-season game.

It looked like a nice return to me. Pre season or not, if you can return one in the NFL, you can return kicks in college.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    You fuckers would have been the first ones complaining the first time he fumbled a punt. I can just hear it. Why the fuck is Sark putting him back there to catch punts when he drops so many passes. Kearse isn't an open field make the defender miss type of player. He runs good routes and gets open. He always ran great corner, post and post/corner routes at UW. He wasn't a slant/bubble screen break tackles kind of threat. That's the kind of guy you want returning kicks. Unfortunately we haven't had many of those the past few years. Williams is the same type of WR/returner. The one good thing about Williams is that I have faith he will catch the punt. Smith/Callier was not a bad combo 2 years ago on Kick offs, but then they both got injured.

If you think that was a great return............fuck......he ran through the tackle of the kicker. Wasn't touched by one other player. Had to make one cut from the hash to the numbers. Now the route he ran on the TD was excellent.....those kind of routes will get him some playing time this year.
  • Options
    Plenty of bubble screens/slants were thrown to kearse. I remember watching him catch a pass on a flat route and break 3 tacklers for a TD against Syracuse. He also caught that slant and outran the defense against WSU 2010. That return was impressive the way he burst through the seam. Haven't seen a husky player do that in a long time.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,712
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    That 23 years ago. I think that would qualify under a "long time".

I just don't understand why Kearse was never given a chance to return kicks especially since our return game was terrible in 2009 and 2010(the BYU game was a disaster).
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    If you think that return was great........fuck.....he ran through the tackle of no one. Wasn't touched by one player. Had to make one cut from the hash to the numbers.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,712
    Founders Club

If you think that return was great........fuck.....he ran through the tackle of no one. Wasn't touched by one player. Had to make one cut from the hash to the numbers.
    I know you're being sarcastic, but when was the last time we had a punt return like that? A return that not only scored a TD but felt like the field was tilted and the Huskies were all running downhill and right through a bewildered opponent's coverage team?
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    IMALOSER_ said:

You fuckers would have been the first ones complaining the first time he fumbled a punt. I can just hear it. Why the fuck is Sark putting him back there to catch punts when he drops so many passes. Kearse isn't an open field make the defender miss type of player. He runs good routes and gets open. He always ran great corner, post and post/corner routes at UW. He wasn't a slant/bubble screen break tackles kind of threat. That's the kind of guy you want returning kicks. Unfortunately we haven't had many of those the past few years. Williams is the same type of WR/returner.

Is Sark coaching to impress us or to win football games? Part of job is to realize that guys like Kearse have the talent to excel in areas that armchair quarterbacks wouldn't expect.

The beauty is, if you're a good coach, these decisions generally turn out well. Unlike with Sark...
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,011
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Asked Kearse if Steve Sarkisian ever brought up returning kicks to him, "No. I was on the front line blocking." Then, he laughed."

Great way of judging talent there Your return games sucked, instead of using your big play WR to return kicks who proved today he obviously can you instead used him as a blocker on the front line.

Once again great job Sark on recognizing your talent. Doogs will say he lacked bullets but like Ty he had the guys he just didn't know how to use them properly.

I'm not a Sarkpologist, but generally the starting wr's don't return a ton of kicks. Maybe some do in college (I am terrible at remembering these things) but in the NFL it's rare.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,631
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And yet loser doesn't support Sark
  • Options

I'm not a Sarkpologist, but generally the starting wr's don't return a ton of kicks. Maybe some do in college (I am terrible at remembering these things) but in the NFL it's rare.
    Remember though in 2009-2010 he had Chris Polk returning some kicks.

Not to mention he still had Kearse out there but as a blocker.

This is yet another example of Sark not knowing his players abilities.