Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fox Sports 1 Deal

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

I like to get my UFC news from a pencil neck geek who apparently knows squat about MMA. And the few people who found his article and commented on it agree.

Though the main event is not a show stopper, top to bottom this card has some fantastic matchups.

Not to mention Irishmen Conor McGregor will put on a show.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Pencil neck geek? Did I get transported into an episode of Saved by the Bell?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I like to get my UFC news from a pencil neck geek who apparently knows squat about MMA. And the few people who found his article and commented on it agree.

Though the main event is not a show stopper, top to bottom this card has some fantastic matchups.

MMA is for asshats who wear jeans with fire breathing dragons on them and barbed wire tattoos.
    I don't mind MMA when they are actually throwing punches and not wrestling on the ground. Dudes who wear affliction shirts are some of the worst people on Earth.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club

MMA is for asshats who wear jeans with fire breathing dragons on them and barbed wire tattoos.
    I don't mind MMA when they are actually throwing punches and not wrestling on the ground. Dudes who wear affliction shirts are some of the worst people on Earth.

I miss boxing. Boxing is normal.

I don't know the rules (if they exist) of MMA, and I don't wish to kniw them. Real sports don't involve some manufactured mix of street fighting and kick boxing. It doesn't seem to bw going away though.

I don't know the rules (if they exist) of MMA, and I don't wish to kniw them. Real sports don't involve some manufactured mix of street fighting and kick boxing. It doesn't seem to bw going away though.
    The great days of boxing are over.

Especially when the #1 draw is a little cocky prick who dances around for 12 rounds throwing little girl punches.

The UFC is filled with NCAA champions, Olympians, Kickboxing Champs, Jui-Jitsu champs, etc.

It is no longer the street fighter style from the early days.
  • IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158

The great days of boxing are over.

Especially when the #1 draw is a little cocky prick who dances around for 12 rounds throwing little girl punches.

The UFC is filled with NCAA champions, Olympians, Kickboxing Champs, Jui-Jitsu champs, etc.

It is no longer the street fighter style from the early days.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

SLITP!

The guy who wrote the article is a fucking idiot.

Great fights so far and they haven't even gotten to the main card.

And yes, the Irishman came through.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Chong Li, Chong Li, Chong li
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    as a former boxer I'm qualified in saying MMA guys are a bunch of glass jawed jokers and pussies. They aren't in near the shape boxers are in. they roll around like city faggots without ever fighting. tough guys, but pussies when compared to boxers or Frank Dux. the sport is booooooooring

as a former boxer I'm qualified in saying MMA guys are a bunch of glass jawed jokers and pussies. They aren't in near the shape boxers are in. they roll around like city faggots without ever fighting. tough guys, but pussies when compared to boxers or Frank Dux. the sport is booooooooring

I still have trouble translating your post. It is tough to dig through the hopeful sarcasm mixed in with a touch of stupidity.

Maybe you should watch James "Lights Out" Toney get choked out. What a mismatch.

Boxing was great back in the day with guys like Sugar Ray, The Hit Man, Hagler and Hands of Stone, and when the heavyweight division was loaded. But money corrupted the sport and now people get excited to watch the Money Midget dance around for 12 rounds barely getting touched and taking home his $50m.

I would love to see the Money Midget step into the Octagon against Jose Aldo. He would get his ass beat bad.
    and those pussy boxes should use the 4 oz. gloves like MMA to test their chins.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    I know you are being sarcastic by sspl is rarely sarcastic. He says it like he sees it. Like only he could see it.

I still have trouble translating your post. It is tough to dig through the hopeful sarcasm mixed in with a touch of stupidity.

Maybe you should watch James "Lights Out" Toney get choked out. What a mismatch.

Boxing was great back in the day with guys like Sugar Ray, The Hit Man, Hagler and Hands of Stone, and when the heavyweight division was loaded. But money corrupted the sport and now people get excited to watch the Money Midget dance around for 12 rounds barely getting touched and taking home his $50m.

I would love to see the Money Midget step into the Octagon against Jose Aldo. He would get his ass beat bad.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club

I totally agree that boxing has itself to blame for its decline. I'll watch bowling before MMA though.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    watching Donavon Mcnabb talking baseball and andy roddick talking football. This is Worst damn horse shit period 2.0, awful
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    and those 2 anchors are awful as well
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dhdawg said:

and those 2 anchors are awful as well

You can't expect two Canadian anchors to adjust to the LA heat in August so quickly.

Let it play out.