Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pick Em Thoughts

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
I didn't want to muck up the thread so I created this one to debate some picks.

Utah- Utah State: Utah State has Chuckie Keaton at QB and all 5 OL returning. They should have a great offense. Utah lost their best player on D and that tall kid sucks at QB. As long as Utah State's new coach isn't a disaster, I see them winning this game.

Clemson- Georgia: Should be a great game. I chose Clemson because they have Tahj Boyd, Sammy Watkins and are playing at home. Georgia also lost 2 1st rounders off their defense. This should be a high scoring game.

TCU- LSU: TCU gets Pachall (heavily tattooed QB) back. He's really good. LSU lost a lot of guys off their defense and Mettenberger is not a very good QB. LSU has more talent, but I took a risk and picked the more experienced team in TCU. This was a tough one to choose.

Washington- Boise State: I picked UW, but I hate picking a Sark led team to beat a Chris Peterson coached team.

Cal- Northwestern: I don't know what to expect with Cal. I think they will be improved. Northwestern has a good coach and is ranked around 20 in the coaches poll.

Colorado- Colorado State: This was like picking a fight between two people with Lou Gehrig's disease.

Irish Doog, could you simulate these games on NCAA so I can test my picks?

Puppy_Steel, can you tell me why WSU will beat Auburn? I need your expertise on the SEC.

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    The SEC never plays anybody.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Just Your picks would suffice.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Just Your picks would suffice.

I'm only trying to chop it up and discuss the picks with my message board brethren.

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169

I didn't want to muck up the thread so I created this one to debate some picks.

Utah- Utah State: Utah State has Chuckie Keaton at QB and all 5 OL returning. They should have a great offense. Utah lost their best player on D and that tall kid sucks at QB. As long as Utah State's new coach isn't a disaster, I see them winning this game.

I would maybe pick Utah State if they had their same coach. I could see Utah State winning this game but I don't think it is the most likely scenario.

Clemson- Georgia: Should be a great game. I chose Clemson because they have Tahj Boyd, Sammy Watkins and are playing at home. Georgia also lost 2 1st rounders off their defense. This should be a high scoring game.

I chose Clemson because I didn't pick Georgia.

TCU- LSU: TCU gets Pachall (heavily tattooed QB) back. He's really good. LSU lost a lot of guys off their defense and Mettenberger is not a very good QB. LSU has more talent, but I took a risk and picked the more experienced team in TCU. This was a tough one to choose.

Les Miles may be crazy but he isn't a terrible coach and he has good players.

Washington- Boise State: I picked UW, but I hate picking a Sark led team to beat a Chris Peterson coached team.

I picked Boise State because Peterson >> Sark. Sure, TW beat Peterson but that wasn't during a special year. I can very well see UW winning this one... we sure as hell have the personnel to win....

Cal- Northwestern: I don't know what to expect with Cal. I think they will be improved. Northwestern has a good coach and is ranked around 20 in the coaches poll.

I think Northwestern is alright. I am giving Dykes the upset victory here since it is his first game as coach.

Colorado- Colorado State: This was like picking a fight between two people with Lou Gehrig's disease.

Same as Cal except Colorado probably has better playesr than Colorado State.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    I am going to be running the SIM 39 times and then plugging the results in a Excel sheet Hugh created for me.

Based on the amount of time and effort I cannot just give away the results.

For $19.95, you can get my money picks and I will throw in a Bark for Sark T-shirt.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I would pick UW over BSU only because of talent and the fact UW is at home.
    Clemson was soft in my mind until the bowl last year, they turned a corner, and they are at home on top of it.
    Whenever I see a SEC matchup, I for the most part side with the SEC, (clemson being the exception)
    USU was all coaching, I think Utah wins in a close one, plus they are at home
    Dykes was not a good hire, I like NW
    CSU wins a shitshow of a game
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    wait... Boise State is rated in the top 20 and Washington somewhere in the 40s plus Peterson is clever and you're making it sound like Washington is the favorite for Woody's opener of the House that Sark Built.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Meek said:

wait... Boise State is rated in the top 20 and Washington somewhere in the 40s plus Peterson is clever and you're making it sound like Washington is the favorite for Woody's opener of the House that Sark Built.

UW is the favorite. All be it by only 3 points but still favored.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Meek said:

you might be right, in week 1 coaching matters more than anything, I may end up changing that pick