Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

House Money, revisited

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Sark has really gotten defensive about his track record in recent months. Could it possibly be that Woodward has told him he needs to win more or he's gone?

I don't believe it however Sark is feeling pressure from somewhere, and it ain't our fan base.

It misses the mark to think the "fan base", or I should say, the typical "lunch pail fan" has any significant sway, especially today with the magnitude of broadcast revenue streams. The expectations of high value boosters, who typically give to both academic and athletic wings of the university, and the expectations of the university administration drive the bus. Sark's statements and actions smack of a coach under pressure, and I have little doubt it is coming from sources that matter. What is not clear is just how high those expectations are, but again, Sark's actions suggest that they are high enough that he believes they are going to be difficult to achieve. Take all the screenshots you need, Seven wins in '13 means Seven is gone.
    Good point on the fan base
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Sark has really gotten defensive about his track record in recent months. Could it possibly be that Woodward has told him he needs to win more or he's gone?

I don't believe it however Sark is feeling pressure from somewhere, and it ain't our fan base.

It misses the mark to think the "fan base", or I should say, the typical "lunch pail fan" has any significant sway, especially today with the magnitude of broadcast revenue streams. The expectations of high value boosters, who typically give to both academic and athletic wings of the university, and the expectations of the university administration drive the bus. Sark's statements and actions smack of a coach under pressure, and I have little doubt it is coming from sources that matter. What is not clear is just how high those expectations are, but again, Sark's actions suggest that they are high enough that he believes they are going to be difficult to achieve. Take all the screenshots you need, Seven wins in '13 means Seven is gone.
    Great poast.

Clearly it has to be coming from the big money or the ubers as FAGAAANDY would say. Woodward had to settle on a nobody in 2008 after he couldnt get someone better. He probably told the ubers to give it a chance. Those who have attained great wealth know what it takes and what it requires to be great. Last seasons blowouts pissed them off but what pushed them over the edge may have been the last two games.

Hopefully its 9 wins and top 25 or gone. As I wrote in my editorial I think its a reasonable assumption that we will be better but I'm not sure we'll see the degree of improvement we really need to see. Also I think everyone is aware that Sark's offense has been a fucking mess and that he's not even the most qualified HC on his own staff. I think that adds pressure.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Great poast.

Clearly it has to be coming from the big money or the ubers as FAGAAANDY would say. Woodward had to settle on a nobody in 2008 after he couldnt get someone better. He probably told the ubers to give it a chance. Those who have attained great wealth know what it takes and what it requires to be great. Last seasons blowouts pissed them off but what pushed them over the edge may have been the last two games.

Hopefully its 9 wins and top 25 or gone. As I wrote in my editorial I think its a reasonable assumption that we will be better but I'm not sure we'll see the degree of improvement we really need to see. Also I think everyone is aware that Sark's offense has been a fucking mess and that he's not even the most qualified HC on his own staff. I think that adds pressure.
    If Sark gets 9 wins and top 25, I think he bolts for a better job (USC or NFL).
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Great poast.

I would praise Allah!!
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Eugene barks for Sark
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Great poast.

I could see him trying the NFL but not USC. At UW winning 9 games he'd be praised and playing on "house money" for a solid next two seasons(plus next years schedule is so easy I can see a water down 10-4 season).

While at USC he would be on the pressure to constantly win. Kiffin went 10-2 two years ago including defeating Oregon in their house and now he's the #1 coach on the hot seat. If you are an average coach like Sark do you really want to go there?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Great poast.

I could see him trying the NFL but not USC. At UW winning 9 games he'd be praised and playing on "house money" for a solid next two seasons(plus next years schedule is so easy I can see a water down 10-4 season).

While at USC he would be on the pressure to constantly win. Kiffin went 10-2 two years ago including defeating Oregon in their house and now he's the #1 coach on the hot seat. If you are an average coach like Sark do you really want to go there?
    If you know you are average, you don't go there.

If you have an inflated sense of how good you are and you want to prove you were always better than Kiffin, you might go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Great poast.

If you know you are average, you don't go there.

If you have an inflated sense of how good you are and you want to prove you were always better than Kiffin, you might go.
    I think deep down inside Sark knows he's average. I hope you are right though on the 9 wins and at that point UW could upgrade.

Plus it would be a nice final chapter in the Sark era where the HHB's were right and Doogs were wrong. Always said even if Sark succeeds our fucktard A.D. won't be able to keep him.