Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ban all flights from Africa to the US effective immediately

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,868
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I don't think it's a bad idea to ban flights from Sierra Leone, Liberia and whatever other 5th world countries that have a lot of cases, at least until it calms down. I know British Airways has.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2014

I don't think it's a bad idea to ban flights from Sierra Leone, Liberia and whatever other 5th world countries that have a lot of cases, at least until it calms down. I know British Airways has.

Good idea, but it won't happen here. It's not nice to profile ebola infected Africans. It's racist, just like profiling towelheads named Abdullah Jihad that travel from Islamabad and have Osama bin Laden portraits in their carry-ons. That's racist and just not nice either.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,868
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Good idea, but it won't happen here. It's not nice to profile ebola infected Africans. It's racist, just like profiling towelheads named Abdullah Jihad that travel from Islamabad and have Osama bin Laden portraits in their carry-ons. That's racist and just not nice either.
    Yeah, I agree. Too many people will get up in arms and cry racism. I'm still pissed at the hospital. He had symptoms and said he just came from Liberia recently and they just send him home with antibiotics? WTF is that?

All that said, this cuntry would have to really fuck up not to contain it. Even Nigeria contained it pretty well.