Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Schedule Temperature Check?

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,261 Swaye's Wigwam
edited September 10 in Hardcore Husky Board

I know it's early and we could lose to the Coug and the season could basically be over and we could run Fisch out of town but the first two weeks certainly feel like they make me feel better about our schedule. Am I still thinking 8-4 or 9-3 is a good expected outcome? Yes, but most of what teams on the UW sched has been promising. Cherry picking the most important:

Michigan - They don't have a QB until proven otherwise and oh boy, whoever it is gets their first road game in Husky Stadium. Bring it lunatic fringe. Ewers and Texas carved up their D on the road with efficiency and a guy named Gunnar Helm and it feels weird to write this, but we have a better RB (and more depth there) than Texas.

Iowa - This still is a terrible game with intangible but go look at their QB's stat line at home against the Fighting Matt Campbells. Still worried that they might be the rare team that will realize they can just run the ball down your throat and don't stop though.

USC - The only team thus far I think looks like a harder out than they were preseason. Miller Moss could oddly be an upgrade as a guy who just runs Lincoln's offense and looks like D'Anton Lynn did great work on their defense. This is a tough game.

Penn State - They were just taken down to the wire by Bowling Green, who is likely equal to or worse than Eastern Michigan. They still want to just run the ball so stack the box and hope you get some breaks. Definitely at least take this out of the "we need a miracle to win" category.

Oregon - The Ducks look a lot like a lower-upper or upper-middle Pac-12 team (which is what everyone should have seen coming) relying on a ton of transfers and their OL is a disaster. Long ways to go though and they could patch things up. Like Penn State, at least definitely needs to be taken off the we're not winning this game category.

Comments