Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some important announcements for the Bored

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,334 Founders Club

Okay! Got some things to address here.

First off, as I've stated previously, we had a strange offseason where our traffic numbers, just like Dwayne Washington's fumbling problems, were well-documented. They were the lowest we've seen in a decade. (In December 2023 we had 2.1 million page views. Three months later, we plummeted to below 300,000 per month, when a normal off-season month would be roughly 900,000). As we entered August 2024, I wasn't sure what the mass exodus from UW coupled with frustrating changes to college football would mean for the future of Hardcore Husky. But vigorous support from our August fundraiser was stunning. I want to thank everyone who pitched in to help keep our pirate ship afloat. I really appreciate the enthusiastic support. Now that we're into September, traffic numbers are trending back toward what is standard for us. Soon we should be back to normal — or as normal as this place can ever hope to be.

As we look toward the future, we'll be making one change in regards to the August 2025 fundraiser. We've seen situations where we have certain posters with 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 and even 50,000 posts who won't kick in even $10 to help keep the lights on. They leave it to others. After discussions with the mods, I've decided to enact the Creepy Coug Anti-Free Beer Act of 2025. Any poster who has amassed either 10,000 or 20,000 posts, will need to kick in a minimum of $29 for the year if they wish to keep posting. (Otherwise their account will be changed to "guest" where they can lurk and upvote/downvote, but not post). $29 a year comes to about $2.41 per month. If someone has accumulated 10,000 or more posts, it's clear they like posting here and spending lots of time hanging out on the boards. This feels fair and in line with our site's ethos. Of note, one of our mods enthusiastically thinks the cutoff should be at 6,969 posts, but we will see. That will be determined by a vote of the Politburo next summer.

On a more serious note, I have a medical update. In nearly 12 years of running the site, I've always endeavored to maintain 97.3% transparency with everything going on. So here we go… Back in June, I went to the emergency room with a severe earache. At one point they thought they might have to operate that day but didn't have to. However, the CT scan they took revealed some other things going on… Later this month I will be going in for a four-hour surgery. It will keep me confined to my home for multiple weeks but I should only be away from the boards for 2-4 days. @CFetters_Nacho_Lover will take over as interim dear leader. (Please bombard him with complaints). I have been told there is a 1% chance something could go wrong during the surgery but otherwise the surgeon expects a solid and full recovery. Soon enough I'll be back to irritating Yella with Korean videos in the Shoppe and posting OFFICIAL game threads on the main board.

Every season, Hardcore Husky always has a couple of OFFICIAL get togethers. Usually they are in September and November, or October and December. This year, due to my circumstances, we will have one in November and another in December. The one in November will be in Kirkland, probably at Romio's, since that worked out perfectly last year. The second one will be held down south in the Tacoma area. I plan on attending the Washington-USC game on November 2nd with @SweatpantsGeneral.

That's it for now. Holy fuckall!

Comments