Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL Seahawks-Redskins Game Thread

1234568»

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    On the aggregate probably a C+
    Wilson probably gets an A IMO, I thought he was almost flawless. The majority of his 6 incompletions were drops and he made WAS look silly at times
    Lynch was fine
    WR's dropped too many passes
    Oline was awful
    Pass rush was nonexistent
    Run defense was outstanding (but, but RED BRYANT!)
    Secondary was fine
    Officiating was god awful
    Not many teams can play their C+ game and still win by 10 on the road, regardless of opponent
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The Skins aren't one of the worst teams in the league. That category includes the Jaguars and the Skins beat them like 500-6. I thought they actually played well, as well as they could at least. They had no turnovers and Cousins was making throws like in the gif above under pressure most of the game. The Giants game was a fluke, he wasnt going to have 5 turnovers again.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Sherman trash-talks Garcon to the media. This article doesn't mention the the play where Garcon dragged Sherman down by his facemask. Anyway, Garcon is FS tweeting a quote by Mohammed's (PBUH) cousin.

Garcon doesn't matter in this league...
    Founders Club
    edited October 2014
    dhdawg said:

On the aggregate probably a C+
    Wilson probably gets an A IMO, I thought he was almost flawless. The majority of his 6 incompletions were drops and he made WAS look silly at times
    Lynch was fine
    WR's dropped too many passes
    Oline was awful
    Pass rush was nonexistent
    Run defense was outstanding (but, but RED BRYANT!)
    Secondary was fine
    Officiating was god awful
    Not many teams can play their C+ game and still win by 10 on the road, regardless of opponent

Good summary. Yup, there were 4 dropped passes. They should have used Lynch more, but Bevell got a little too cute at times with his play-calling. They need to cut down on stupid, drive killing penalties. It was _only_ 90 yards in penalties, but most of them came at the worst time... nullifying 3 Harvin TDs for example.

The fake on the FG was outstanding. Uncle Pete didn't tip his hand one bit. John Ryan is very quick/fast for a punter.

On that one long D-Jac TD, I don't know why Sherman took the inside guy, while Chancellor switched over to cover D-Jac. Sherman recovered and was almost able to make a tackle.

As for officiating, Jeff Triplett is one of the better refs in the league. The rest of his crew may not have been good last night. They missed a few blatant things out there, going against both teams. They got Harvin on his first TD for false start or illegal motion. He was actually starting to go in motion and that should definitely not be illegal.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,239
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2014
    My favorite part of the game that I can remember was seeing the TPT girl from Maryland with a 12 Fan jersey on and a Chris Cooley jersey tied around her waist.

Congrats Seahawk fans, you have bandwagoners now. Not just Seattle based bandwagoners.
    Founders Club
    You don't have to go to DC to find bandwagon fans. Most of these self-proclaimed 12's in Seattle are bandwagon fans. It's interesting that a Redskins fan would have a 12 jersey on. Because, in general, it seems that the Seahawks are hated by most NFL fans.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Really don't see a cause for concern besides thing we didn't already know. The OLine wasn't good last year (run blocking is solid and luckily that's what the Seahawks do) and they didn't really improve it significantly this year. So the sudden freak out over the O-Line is pretty lame.

Pass rush lost a lot of depth and has been filled in by a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players rotating in and out so everyone should have seen that would be a bit of a downgrade.

That game would have been another Primetime Pete plunger if it wasn't for some fucking stupid penalties. Luckily the big Okung contract now seems to be looking like a lot less (maybe Lynch can come back). Carpenter is a waste of oxygen, but everyone knew that.

This team won the Super Bowl last year in spite of a poor offensive. Pass rush was better but I would say the offense overall this year has been better up to this point of the season. Luckily there aren't too many impressive teams in the NFL right now so it is Seattle's Super Bowl to lose still.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seattle still had a good enough defense to hold regular season Manning to a moral victory and half his points and TD average this year

Really don't see a cause for concern besides thing we didn't already know. The OLine wasn't good last year (run blocking is solid and luckily that's what the Seahawks do) and they didn't really improve it significantly this year. So the sudden freak out over the O-Line is pretty lame.

Pass rush lost a lot of depth and has been filled in by a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players rotating in and out so everyone should have seen that would be a bit of a downgrade.

That game would have been another Primetime Pete plunger if it wasn't for some fucking stupid penalties. Luckily the big Okung contract now seems to be looking like a lot less (maybe Lynch can come back). Carpenter is a waste of oxygen, but everyone knew that.

This team won the Super Bowl last year in spite of a poor offensive. Pass rush was better but I would say the offense overall this year has been better up to this point of the season. Luckily there aren't too many impressive teams in the NFL right now so it is Seattle's Super Bowl to lose still.

up to this point yes. I would say we need to consistently move the pocket and get him in space if we want to keep wilson healthy, because he is getting creamed in the pocket.
    edited October 2014
    the pass rush is significantly worse, as is the secondary, the emphasis on illegal contact has seemed to hurt maxwell, and chancellor got torched in week 2. Burley has been a nice surprise though.
    As I said the defense feels 2012ish, still good, but gettable.
    I think the offense could be explosive though, so many weapons, Lynch, and Wilson.
    dhdawg said:

up to this point yes. I would say we need to consistently move the pocket and get him in space if we want to keep wilson healthy, because he is getting creamed in the pocket.
    Not too worried about Wilson. He is still pretty young and can take the damage. I do agree they need to stop him from getting hit if they want him to develop more as a pocket passer, but he takes care of himself well so I am not too worried about some injury.
    dhdawg said:

the pass rush is significantly worse, as is the secondary, the emphasis on illegal contact has seemed to hurt maxwell, and chancellor got torched in week 2. Burley has been a nice surprise though.
    As I said the defense feels 2012ish, still good, but gettable.
    I think the offense could be explosive though, so many weapons, Lynch, and Wilson.

I don't know about that, Avril and Bennett both are near the top of the league in PFF's pass rushing efficiency stat (not that PFF is super awesome or anything). Avril leads the league in pressures and Bennett has 3 sacks in 4 games. I agree it's worse than last year but it's not significantly worse. Remember we played Rodgers/Rivers/Manning the first 3 games so it's going to look worse in comparison to playing Kaepernick. Cousins I thought was really good actually, he was throwing dimes while getting hammered and seemed to step up into the pocket and avoid pressure really well.

Agree about the secondary, Maxwell has been terrible this year. The surprising news is how awesome the run defense is.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The Skins aren't one of the worst teams in the league. That category includes the Jaguars and the Skins beat them like 500-6. I thought they actually played well, as well as they could at least. They had no turnovers and Cousins was making throws like in the gif above under pressure most of the game. The Giants game was a fluke, he wasnt going to have 5 turnovers again.

I'd be shocked if they won more than six games. Are the Jags and Raiders worse? Yeah, probably. That's not saying much.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dhdawg said:

Lynch masks the oline. You don't see how bad it really is until turbin is in the game

Was thinking more about this poast today, and I totally agree. The fact that Michael can't even see the field in a game where Lynch is getting treatment on his back during the opening drive speaks volumes. He's either not nearly as good as the Hook hype or just completely made of glass ('bundance!). Regardless, he's almost certainly not the future feature back he was drafted to be. And Turbo's clearly not that guy either.

I'm convinced Russell could take this team on his shoulders and win championships by throwing it 40 times a game without much of a running like the elite QB's in the league...if the OL was capable of protecting him at an even average level. But they're clearly not. And revamping the OL is not going to be an easy task this offseason.

So the obvious solution IMO, is to bring Lynch back for one more year. IIRC they renegotiated his contract to give him an extra million or so this year and take it off of next year's anyway, so his cap hit next season should only be like $5 million or so. Surely they can find that in the budget. I understand you don't want to give him a big extension and commit money to him beyond his 30th birthday because he's destined to fall off a cliff at some poont, but he looks as good as ever right now (or maybe even better with his increased usage as a receiver?) and he seems as safe a bet to be healthy next season as any RB.

The other concern for next season is DE - IIRC Avril's a free agent and it's hard to imagine them being able to bring him back. Any salary cap nerds have a better idea of what they're actually working with next season and what the priorities are? Could they keep while still giving Wilson his raise or is that out of the realm of possibility? What about Avril? And don't give me this "Wilson's going to take less money because all he cares about is winning" bullshit. He's getting $18 million per year easy, and if he keeps doing what he did last night he's probably getting $20 or more.
    People keep saying the salary cap is going to go up a shit ton next year but I dunno the details on the salary cap room we have and resigning people. There's really no point resigning Maxwell, he sucks this year and Simon I hope takes his job eventually. Okung could maybe be cut after this year? Or is he already a free agent? Malcolm Smith is probably someone we can just let go as well, he didn't even play a snap last night. Bruce Irvin took over his spot and he looked fucking awesome. There was all this complaining about too many players hitting free agency this year and not enough money to spend on them, but it's playing out pretty well as a lot of these players don't seem good enough to keep.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

People keep saying the salary cap is going to go up a shit ton next year but I dunno the details on the salary cap room we have and resigning people. There's really no point resigning Maxwell, he sucks this year and Simon I hope takes his job eventually. Okung could maybe be cut after this year? Or is he already a free agent? Malcolm Smith is probably someone we can just let go as well, he didn't even play a snap last night. Bruce Irvin took over his spot and he looked fucking awesome. There was all this complaining about too many players hitting free agency this year and not enough money to spend on them, but it's playing out pretty well as a lot of these players don't seem good enough to keep.

Agreed about Irvin, he's a guy I've been really down on but he looked great last night, especially against the run.
    I thought Irvin played DE last night? I agree he looked better but I still don't like him at LB. Keep him at DE and rushing the QB.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Lynch masks the oline. You don't see how bad it really is until turbin is in the game

Was thinking more about this poast today, and I totally agree. The fact that Michael can't even see the field in a game where Lynch is getting treatment on his back during the opening drive speaks volumes. He's either not nearly as good as the Hook hype or just completely made of glass ('bundance!). Regardless, he's almost certainly not the future feature back he was drafted to be. And Turbo's clearly not that guy either.

I'm convinced Russell could take this team on his shoulders and win championships by throwing it 40 times a game without much of a running like the elite QB's in the league...if the OL was capable of protecting him at an even average level. But they're clearly not. And revamping the OL is not going to be an easy task this offseason.

So the obvious solution IMO, is to bring Lynch back for one more year. IIRC they renegotiated his contract to give him an extra million or so this year and take it off of next year's anyway, so his cap hit next season should only be like $5 million or so. Surely they can find that in the budget. I understand you don't want to give him a big extension and commit money to him beyond his 30th birthday because he's destined to fall off a cliff at some poont, but he looks as good as ever right now (or maybe even better with his increased usage as a receiver?) and he seems as safe a bet to be healthy next season as any RB.

The other concern for next season is DE - IIRC Avril's a free agent and it's hard to imagine them being able to bring him back. Any salary cap nerds have a better idea of what they're actually working with next season and what the priorities are? Could they keep while still giving Wilson his raise or is that out of the realm of possibility? What about Avril? And don't give me this "Wilson's going to take less money because all he cares about is winning" bullshit. He's getting $18 million per year easy, and if he keeps doing what he did last night he's probably getting $20 or more.
    Disagree.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought Irvin played DE last night? I agree he looked better but I still don't like him at LB. Keep him at DE and rushing the QB.

I thought the same, but he was beasting Redskins lineman in the run game.