Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2014
    Old news. I would also argue that Aliotti would be equally bad as a head coach at Oregon. Petersen wanted the Oregon job, but OregonFS didn't want Petersen.

If Petersen was the topic, then I'd agree with you
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited October 2014

Petersen wanted the Oregon job

That's untrue, at least after Chip left. When Bellotti "retired," Petersen did express interest in the job, but UO basically ignored him since they were hiring Chip.

• Options
    edited October 2014

That's untrue, at least after Chip left. When Bellotti "retired," Petersen did express interest in the job, but UO basically ignored him since they were hiring Chip.

So we decided not to pursue Petersen after Chip left? That was stupid. Even if we burned him before, an extra million would have buried that hatchet. Oh well, Rob MullinsFS needs to be looking at some resumes, because our current guy isn't cutting it.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    There's only so far that Mike Bellotti's dago loyalty will take you in life
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1

So we decided not to pursue Petersen after Chip left? That was stupid.
    I never said that, and it didn't happen. Helfrich was a sure thing to be hired after Chip left, just as Chip was a sure thing after Bellotti left. Why would Petersen campaign for a job he was bypassed for four years earlier? You make almost no sense, and this is an example why you make no sense, and are banished here with other morons in the Land of Half Brains.

• Options

I never said that, and it didn't happen. Helfrich was a sure thing to be hired after Chip left, just as Chip was a sure thing after Bellotti left. Why would Petersen campaign for a job he was bypassed for four years earlier? You make almost no sense, and this is an example why you make no sense, and are banished here with other morons in the Land of Half Brains.

Petersen shouldn't have had to campaign. Just like when you apply to jobs and are passed over, they still keep your resume. They may call in the future when the person they hired over you turns out to be in over his head. And Helfrich was not a no brainer by any means.

He called plays as OC one game in his OC career at Oregon, and that was the Boise St. game. It was such a disaster that Chip took that responsibility away from Helfrich. Do you know where Helfrich coached before Oregon? How about offensive coordinator at Colorado under HawkinsFS. That Colorado offense was a sure juggernaut. Mullins hired Helfrich because Chip told him too, simple as that. Chip took care of his boy, and MullinsFS didn't do his due diligence in looking outside the program.
  • Options
    In Helf's defense, he is a very good QB coach
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I never said that, and it didn't happen. Helfrich was a sure thing to be hired after Chip left, just as Chip was a sure thing after Bellotti was fired/promoted to AD. Why would Petersen campaign for a job he was bypassed for four years earlier? You make almost no sense, and this is an example why you make no sense, and are banished here with other morons in the Land of Half Brains.

• Options
    AZDuck said:

We'll find out how true that is in a couple weeks.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

You know who else was a "very good QB coach"?
  • Options
    H_D said:

AZDuck said:

You know who else was a "very good QB coach"?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2014
    AZDuck said:

Really? You got some evidence to back that up? He was a QB coach from 98 -2012 and outside of the guys Chip generated for him I only see Andrew Walters being worth a shit.

The shadow of Chip Kelly makes people seem great.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mike left because Uncle Phil said it was time to move on and we weren't going to lose Chip like we did Tedford before.

This is why people think you are the dumbest person everywhere you go. You come here and people call you an idiot. You run to eDuck to tell people what we say here, they agree with us and call you an idiot.

You're the new Ducksatbat. You're a fucking idiot that loves losers. That's what you are. You will stand up for failure until the very end. "Don't take this serious guys, even though I spend every free minute I have involved with it."

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

fuck off

i'm going to go KMIAFF for having defended you the other day.
  • Options
    He developed QBs at ASU, and did a good job. He found Mariota and worked with Thomas and Masoli. I think he is a good QB coach.