Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comcast and the B1G Network

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

So just seeing this tonight, but Comcast is refusing to carry Washington/Oregon/LA live games on the B1G Network because they've refused to accept the conference's regional expansion? And these commercials are simply just giving you Comcast's line to go call and bitch at them? Am I fucking reading this right?

What a disaster.

Tagged:

Comments

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,895 Swaye's Wigwam

Kreist. What a mess. Pirate time

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,486 Standard Supporter
    edited August 27

I read that the two parties negotiated the current broadcasting deal prior to the addition of the 4 west coast teams, and now the B1G expects Comcast to carry them without being given a larger slice of the pie. They're all fucking scumbags.

• HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,250
    edited August 27

YoutubeTV covers all televised games from BTN, Fox and ESPN.

The problem is Peacock televised games such as the Apple Cup this year.

Does anyone know if BigTenPlus' replay include Peacock televised games or am I forced to sub with Peacock?

Seem like BigTenPlus > Peacock just because I can watch replays of all conference games.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,471 Founders Club

DTV wireless has the B!G and has since day 1. I haven't watched UW play a scrub team on the Pac 12 network in a decade. Can't wait for WEBER STATE

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,201 Swaye's Wigwam

We got a half share for this?

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

No, this is a Comcast problem. Every other fucking cable provider accepted the B1G expansion terms.

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,543 Founders Club

They want us to not care I guess

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,151

Who the hell subscribes to Comcast?

Cutting the cord has basically been a scam, but still.

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter

Comcast never carried the P12 network in DC

But now I can watch the Huskies on Comcast on the B1G network. While they try to fuck over Seattle.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

Cord cutting has turned out to be a giant scam. I'm about to pull my Fubo out of suspend, at about $105/month. The Cock is another $10 or so, Prime about $10, Max is $20, Disney+/Hulu is $10, and Netflix is $20.

So my cord cutting has raised my TV bill. I ditched Dish when it hit $135 and now pay $175 for a combo of streaming aervices. It is way more and better, but the idea that any TV watcher is going to get everything they want cheaply via streaming is a joke.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,471 Founders Club

Direct TV wireless with 4 apps covers me. Costs more of course but dtv wireless has all the networks including B1G

Eventually it will all consolidate again I assume

But fuck cable. I went direct TV in 1998

It looks like the only game that could even impact this (and that's assuming that a deal doesn't get done, because I doubt the B1G would just walk away from them) is the @ Indiana game. I can live with buying a youtube sub or dealing with one game.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,747 Swaye's Wigwam

I’d argue that the TV watcher can get what they want and more with streaming. It’s the sports fan that’s getting fucked. Three of the big 3 tried to do a combined streaming channel for sports, that would’ve been as close to a monopoly as you could get, and Fubo stepped in and had it paused… for now.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,944

Jury is still out for me.

I was paying close to 400 hundy for internet & cable with fewer options for content before they bought Fios or whatever I had. That had to stop.

The thing is, it muddles the picture to add up your streaming services when you have them anyway, like I did. I am going to have Netflix, I am going to have Prime because we use Amazon, and the rest of dependent on whether I see one I want. I view them as a different thing because (1) I can focus on streaming services that provide the kind of content I want and (2) I can watch said content whenever the fuck I want. So it reduces surfing up and down the cable menu as an exercise for chumps.

Switching to YouTubeTV has, thus far, been a complete no brainer. $72 whatever a month gives me more TV than I will ever watch, and like I said, I was going to have my streaming content service either way. But even when you add it up, including the $60/mo retained from the old bill for cable, it's well south of what I was paying for shitty cable, which was shitty. A decent percentage of that is in taxes that apply to cable that don't show up (at least that I can see) with streaming.

My only reservation is sports season. I haven't been through a college football season with it yet. If need be, I could buy some sports package from some provider and I'm sure it would still be cheaper.

If they don't sort this out after this season then [internet service of choice] + Prime + YouTubeTV + Peacock is probably the best way to go. HBO if they come back with actual good original content again.

But fuck Comcast for this. I had already upgraded my package for them in preparation for this season.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    edited August 28

Comcast sucks more cock than Kamala Harris

YouTubeTV is legit. No Pac12 was no bueno. But that’s how awful Larry Scott was - couldn’t close either DirectTV or YouTubeTV in his own backyard.

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,158

streamseast and methstreams.

sound pretty fucked up but they legit.

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,779 Founders Club

YouTube basic has:

CBSSportsnetwork

Four or five different B1G network options

FS1

FS2

ESPN

ESPN2

ESPNnews

ESPNU

TRU

TBS

TNT

WB

SEC

ACC

NBC

ABC

CBS

FOX

You don’t get all the gay ESPN+ shit so you will miss some B12 games you don’t want to watch and you don’t get Peacock, but you have 90% of college football covered and the NCAA basketball tourney 100% covered for $75.
    Fuck Comcast