Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What kind of fan are you?

dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,352

We? Criticize everything and everyone when it come to our Huskies(Dawgs, Doogs, and DWags, not apply) Coaches, game times, AD, broadcasters, moon phases, Sark, etc

So, what have you done to raise the tide? Bitch and moan or have you supported the team financially, attendance, or other? Just curious what kind of jackasses we’re dealing with here. I suspect most of you are hardcore with a smattering of FireMarshall Bills who won’t cross the proverbial rainbow sidewalk

I’m bored, so don’t hate

Comments

• Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,930 Founders Club

I’m a season ticket holder who also goes to some road games (Iowa, Indiana, & Penn State this year!) and certain postseason games. I’m also an open and forward Husky fan at work and wherever else life’s travels present. That’s it for donating, but I am always game to attend a cool NIL function.

Surly Horns (formerly Shaggy Bevo) raised a ton for NIL prior to the Sugar Bowl at the Manning’s bar. The day before was a Kenny Mayne Seahawks watching party at the same venue which could have easily been a UW NIL event.

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,245 Swaye's Wigwam

I go to a game a year buy a little loot and pay stupid money to watch all the games on tv/streaming. I have also liked a bunch of croot tweets over the years which is a priceless service I'm sure.

I probably represent 85% of the total advertising for UW on Van Isle between golf starters, hockey change rooms and random friends and family interactions.

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,352

I dont have season tickets anymore, so im resigned to attending an occasional game and buying merch

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,203 Swaye's Wigwam

Family has season tickets. Go to every home game barring something I have to do otherwise. I support the team by staying in the lunatic fringe despite the 1-11 Gilby season, 0-12, and endless mediocrity, and heartbreak. I've considered giving small NIL amounts of stuff but especially given how fickle everything with players is now I won't. I buy some gear but nothing special.

College football and the progrum a lot of times make it hard to justify remaining even this level of fan. I do kind of wish I was one of those fans who could go to games and watch them and be a dumb doog who only knows like 2-3 players and shit.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,491 Founders Club
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,081
    edited August 23

I take the family to one game a year in September. Used to have season tickets several years back. Went to the Natty in Houston which I think counts as about 2 - 3 years of season tickets. I also buy too much UW shit.

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,572 Standard Supporter

I try to make it to any east coast games. Peach Bowl, Auburn game, Rutgers game, this year’s Penn State game (I’m not bothering with Rutgers this year) and the two playoff games in January.

Buy stuff and rep it in the sea of east coast /southeast ignorance about west coast football. Toss a couple of bucks to the athletic department occasionally.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,698 Swaye's Wigwam

does my wam membership to this shit hole count?

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,676 Founders Club

I'm a miserable fuck of a fan that went to all the games for 40 years until i left town twenty years ago… then booked Stubhub tix on the 50 for 1-2 games a year and saw the local road games in LA for a decade when i lived in Malibu [was always special watching us lose in LA] and then for a decade in the bay area for the CAL games [love the burgers + went to a couple of Stanford games, parked on the golf course / arboretum and hate the venue and the fans]. Now I'm down to maybe one a year and watching on large screen TV with my wife mixing the drinks that we are obviously going to require. I'm not an NIL guy so not on the radar.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,698 Swaye's Wigwam
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,314 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 25

I’ve been going to games since I was six years old.

family had season tickets and Tyee. After dad passed away, we got rid of the Tyee but kept the tickets. Went to pretty much every home game during the dark ages….Finally, after the total screwjob of seat location at the last Rose Bowl we gave everything up.

Now go to a few home games….went to Vegas

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,691

I still like going to the games even if it is a complete sellout and we? are in the midwest Big-10…it really peaked around 2000 and went steadily downhill.