Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen on Grit

Paraphrased: "Grit is the combination of passion and perseverance."

Can you hear Sark saying that?

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,298
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited October 2014
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I actually think it is hilarious that there are times in these press conferences where he basically says he doesn't like coaching that much. You just have to listen closely to hear it.
    edited October 2014
    Yes, he has basically said at times he wishes he had never gotten into it. I think he loves doing it, and loves teaching. But there are a lot of aspects of the job he just doesn't like.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said he doesn't like 'coaching.' I'll concede that.
    I agree with you, Grundle. Disregard my previous statement, it was not well said. We're still good even though you WTF'd me. Can we still be friends?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

I agree with you, Grundle. Disregard my previous statement, it was not well said. We're still good even though you WTF'd me. Can we still be friends?

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

If I had a dollar for every time I got WTF'd ...
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    I believe he dislikes media talking heads that expect a head coach to blow smoke up their asses with stories of triumph and turnarounds. Peterman is a realist and expert at coach talk.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Spooge making it rain up in here
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946
    edited October 2014
    if someone has to define "grit" for you, or if you know but nonetheless still like hearing made up football coach definitions of words that little kids understand, then go DIAFF or hang yourself, because I can't help you.

Fucking grit. What else am I going to learn from a FS football coach? the meaning of "courage"?

Jesus. This is why I love Jimmy Johnson. A no apologies, simple, yet not stupid, football coach. If you wanted to know the meaning of life, Jimmy would tell you to go fucking read if Nietzsche if only knew who the fuck he was.

That was one of the few things I really liked about DJ. He never pretended to be an intellectual, because he sure as hell was not one. He was an Ohio born and bred FB coach, and a damn good one. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think Peterman is the same way, but I think he thinks that he has to play this game to some minimum degree so he doesn't get the Chip Kelly rep.

Now that I write that, maybe that's another reason to like Kelly - doesn't really give a fuck to play the game even at that minimum level so everyone will like you and say you're a nice guy.

Sarkesian, and life in general, has just fucking bled me of any tolerance I ever had for that kind of shit.