Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How Do We End with the Greatest UW Recruiting Class of All Time? What's Left

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,250 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think Jedd can reach the 2001 class and probably some before the days of the internet, but can he reach one of the Petersen classes which are the highest-rated? It's possible. Here's who could make this happen that's still a possibility. I'm only listing committed guys who I've seen stuff out there that are talking to UW. I'm also not listing 3 stars that won't bump the rating.

4*RB Michael Turner North Richland Hills, TX (Competition - Baylor commit, SMU) - He recently committed to Baylor but heard he could visit in the fall and UW should be able to make him think about the Big 10 over the Big 12. His visit list doesn't line up with his ranking though.

5*WR Jerome Myles Draper, UT (Competition - Texas A&M, Mississippi, Utah) - Another guy whose schools don't really line up with his rankings but we'll take him. He kind of popped up out of nowhere liking and replying to UW stuff on social media like huh? A&M and Ole Miss tells me he might just be looking for a bag. Still, there's a shot.

4*WR Andrew Marsh Fulshear, TX (Competition - Michigan, Texas, USC) - Probably the highest rated recruit still on UW's board they have a good shot at and seems like big boys truly want him. Sounds like they're trailing Michigan, but he's higher on UW's priority list and that could get him in the boat.

4*WR Donovan Olugbode Naperville, IL (Competition - Missouri commit, Florida, USC) - Not sure why this guy was so high on UW given he's a midwest guy but he was criscoballed to UW prior to going to Missouri. Assume they're still working on him and UW has done about 10x as much as Missouri as a program also keep an eye on their coach if they have a big year.

4*WR Phillip Bell Mission Viejo, CA (Competition - USC, Ohio State, Penn State) - Everyone keeps wanting to write off UW for this guy because blue bloods want him and he keeps staying on the radar. Maybe UW has a good pitch to him with a big bag, he will be the man, and quick playing time?

4*DE CJ May Highland Home, AL (Competition - Louisville commit, Syracuse, Auburn) - Interesting prospect considering UW from Alabama but also a guy whose rating and visit list doesn't really line up. I think I heard UW is staying on him and could rightfully convince him why UW makes more sense than Louisville and the ACC.

4*LB Madden Faraimo San Juan Capistrano, CA (Competition - Notre Dame, Texas, Ohio State) - Another legit blue chip guy UW seems to hang around with despite skepticism. They've done well against Notre Dame in recent history and you never know, maybe he decides he doesn't want to move to Indiana and the other big boys are tied up with other prospects.

4*S Ladarian Clardy Pensacola, FL (Competition - Mississippi, Florida State, Miami) - It looked good for UW when he was going to commit 8/3 but I think the delay tells me he's just trying to squeeze more money out of Ole Miss and it's unlikely UW will overpay for him. Still a shot though.

4*S Matai Tagoa'i San Clemente, CA (Competition - USC commit, Texas, Alabama) - Long USC commit who seems to keep reaffirming to them but who keeps getting smoked as a potential guy UW could sneak in and steal and who liked his UW visit. USC is a dumpster fire now so I expect this one to stay a possibility.

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,544 Founders Club

The name of my new band/project is the Clout Goblins now

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,750 Swaye's Wigwam

2-3 from that group would be a coup. I’ll take 1 and jerk off with all the stars for days.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,470 Swaye's Wigwam

Youve come a long ways from the sky is falling, chicken little

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,250 Swaye's Wigwam

How dinged they were for being small was ridiculous. Yeah those were easily Top 10 classes.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,750 Swaye's Wigwam

I appreciate that but not really… I’m still chasing stars like the star whore I am.

The class has potential. It does feel (maybe I’m doogin) like one of petermans early classes that wasn’t ranked for shit but ended up being all-world. He’s stacking athletes and I like that recipe.

my sky is fallen was due to not winning as many battles against some serious football schools as I felt we should’ve.

Close with a couple splashes and I’m good.

The portal and what was done there for instant impact is another story…

Carroll made a similar comment. Assholes spreading the narrative now… damn it.

• sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796
    edited August 5

Clardy sounds like how a Texan doctor might describe his client's heart after 40 years of chicken fried steak and hushpuppies. "What you'll see in this here atreriogram son is a big old clardy behind your lung. Best you switch to them diet Cokes" The kid's not coming here.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,250 Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like Jerome Myles put out a Top 10 and UW isn't even in it so scratch that one. Guessing he was Fisching for a free visit. I'd doog hard if they can get Marsh, Bell, or back in it with Olugbode (though that probably takes Drinkwitz leaving).