Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Now THIS is a Coach speaking to the media.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Yesterday I asserted that Sark occasionally lets his enthusiasm get the better of him by asserting that this player or that player has "first round draft pick potential," or "NFL upside," or whatever.

Check out the video of Justin Wilcox answering media questions yesterday (link below). At the 1:25 mark Wilcox is asked what he expects of Danny Shelton. His answer: "I expect Danny to play really well. He has the ability to do that, and just needs to do it on a consistent basis...This is his best camp...I've been here 2 years and this camp is better than it was last year."

Next he is asked about Evan Hudson, and he bluntly says: "We're not the biggest defensive line, and so Evan has a little bit of size. He's not the biggest guy, but he's got long levers and weights about 275. So, he's definitely been good for us." You can tell that he is disappointed with the quality of the interior DLs.

He offers similarly positive, but muted praise for Princeton Fuimanono.

Just watch the video, pay attention to his demeanor, facial expressions, and listen to his comments. Regardless of whatever you might think of Justin Wilcox, THIS IS HOW A COACH ANSWERS QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS ON HIS PLAYERS.

Link: blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/?from=stnv2

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I'm really excited for Wilcox getting a job as a head coach in the Mountain West this offseason.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

He also seemed genuinely irritated by the media, which I like.

You're onto something. Seems the great coaches - Belichick, Chip, Saban, Parsells back in the day, et. al. - are mostly pretty much dicks when it comes to the media. Wilcox is showing potential.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The season is over.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2013

He also seemed genuinely irritated by the media, which I like.

You're onto something. Seems the great coaches - Belichick, Chip, Saban, Parsells back in the day, et. al. - are mostly pretty much dicks when it comes to the media. Wilcox is showing potential.
    I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU GIVE ME THAT QUESTION

Some of you act like 0-12 never happened.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Passion said:

Yesterday I asserted that Sark occasionally lets his enthusiasm get the better of him by asserting that this player or that player has "first round draft pick potential," or "NFL upside," or whatever.

Check out the video of Justin Wilcox answering media questions yesterday (link below). At the 1:25 mark Wilcox is asked what he expects of Danny Shelton. His answer: "I expect Danny to play really well. He has the ability to do that, and just needs to do it on a consistent basis...This is his best camp...I've been here 2 years and this camp is better than it was last year."

Next he is asked about Evan Hudson, and he bluntly says: "We're not the biggest defensive line, and so Evan has a little bit of size. He's not the biggest guy, but he's got long levers and weights about 275. So, he's definitely been good for us." You can tell that he is disappointed with the quality of the interior DLs.

Just watch the video, pay attention to his demeanor, facial expressions, and listen to his comments. Regardless of whatever you might think of Justin Wilcox, THIS IS HOW A COACH ANSWERS QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS ON HIS PLAYERS.

The dawgman bored was creaming in their pants over how great Sark is with the media while Wilcox isnt.
    edited August 2013

I'm really excited for Wilcox getting a job as a head coach in the Mountain West this offseason.

As far as I'm concerned Wilcox is the real head coach of UW while Sark is the assistant or associate HC.

Who the fuck is really coaching on this staff. Wilcox's guy Sirmon took over recruiting from Sark's boy Nansen. Wilcox coaches the defense. And Sark coaches the offense which fucking sucks dick.

Think Bush-Cheney.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

As far as I'm concerned Wilcox is the real head coach of UW while Sark is the assistant or associate HC.

Who the fuck is really coaching on this staff. Wilcox's guy Sirmon took over recruiting from Sark's boy Nansen. Wilcox coaches the defense. And Sark coaches the offense which fucking sucks dick.

Think Bush-Cheney.
    If that's the case, Wilcox should have been fired on the 50 yard line of Martin Vandal Stadium after his team choked an 18 point lead in the fourth quarter.

Think Bush-Cheney.
    If that's the case, Wilcox should have been fired on the 50 yard line of Martin Vandal Stadium after his team choked an 18 point lead in the fourth quarter.
    You have no idea the damage Holt & Donatell did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Think Bush-Cheney.
    You have no idea the damage Hart, Hundley, Snow, Baer, Donatell and Holt had done.
    Been a while since we've had a good decent.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Passion said:

The dawgman bored was creaming in their pants over how great Sark is with the media while Wilcox isnt.
    That figures. So I guess Nick Saban isn't "good with the media" either. He should be fired.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Think Bush-Cheney.
    The guy turned arguably the worst defense in college football into a respectable unit. Was the 18-point blown lead worthy of a kick in the sack? Sure, but not firing.

cozzetto? Different story.