Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maybe I'm a Quook for this

But who do we realistically have a shot at, I would love to see Gus Malzahn on our sidelines. Any chance Uncle Phil could throw enough money at him to get him out of the SEC? It would drive our libtard professors apeshit, which is good, I don't see it happening though. All I know is Helfrich is not our man.

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately I think you're 100% correct Moss, this fucking blows. Now I know how all these Washington fags felt years ago. Hopefully we don't have to go through 20 years of dumbshit hires, kick ass pressers or retarded lawnmower dances before we find a good coach. I can't wait for our own Hitler reacts video though, if I had any talent I'd make one myself
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Unfortunately I think you're 100% correct Moss, this fucking blows. Now I know how all these Washington fags felt years ago. Hopefully we don't have to go through 20 years of dumbshit hires, kick ass pressers or retarded lawnmower dances before we find a good coach. I can't wait for our own Hitler reacts video though, if I had any talent I'd make one myself

Oregon has been tremendous when they actually do a search for a head coach instead of just give it to someone who doesn't deserve it.

Altman was a great hire for a basketball program no one cares about. Horton in baseball, the softball guy, Lananna in track, the volleyball coach, etc.

If Oregon did the same due diligence finding a football coach I think they would make a very solid hire. I understood the Helfrich hire, but it was never a LIPO hire. It was either going to work or it wasn't and you'd know right away. It didn't work.
  • Options
    I'm too lazy to do the homework, but a different athletic director probably hired each one of those coaches, but you're right they're all great hires. Hell, even Westhead seemed like a grand slam at the time, at least to a guy like me who doesn't give a shit about women's basketball.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2014
    You guys may get lucky and hire the right guy on the next at bat, but getting the right coach isn't easy. Much more prominent programs have had to cycle through bad coaches until they got the right guy. Oklahoma, Alabama, USC, Michigan, and Notre Dame come to mind right away. The constant with those programs has been holding their coaches accountable for winning, so they continue cycling until they find the right guy. It may be a bumpy ride, but in the end, I think you'll be alright, your athletic department and benefactor are serious about football. That's 81% of the battle.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Rich Rod is the obvious pick to me. Almost too obvious. Oregon should easily be able to outbid Arizona.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I think we should make a pass at that Mullens guy from Mississippi State
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2014
    It doesn't have to be a name guy. Look at Chip. He came from New Hampshire. The Oregon brand and Phil's money and commitment will help any new coach with recruitment. They just have to find a detailed oriented, football priority, asshole. It never works to hire the "nice guy". Every great program is ran by somebody who has a little asshole in them, and that's what we need in our next coach. Don't be afraid to look to the division 2 or 3 ranks. If the guy can coach, he can coach. It doesn't matter where he comes from.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

Until this season Mullens record is very Sark like at Mississippi State.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,878
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I like to forget about the first 93 years. TWILTD.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Until this season Mullens record is very Sark like at Mississippi State.
    Bad comparison. Mullen has done much more with less than Sark could muster at Joey's. It's entirely possible that Mullen will win more with MSU in the SEC than Sark with USC in the PAC. Mullen would be a great hire for Oregon, but the way things are shaping up, I'm guessing they'd have to compete with Florida for his services, and I'm 81% sure Florida would win that battle.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    should have given Mahlzahn a retainer when we played Arkansas State
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    No fucking way a school like Oregon is bringing Mrs. Malzahn to the northwest.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    that is true - won't happen
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Bo Pelini and Brady Hoke may be available after this season.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    dnc said:

You underestimate the lengths to which Oregon is willing to sell out to get more wins.
  • Options
    pawz said:

I like to forget about the first 93 years. TWILTD.
    Point well taken, but I'm 33 years old so they've at least been respectable as far back as I've been paying attention.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2014

dnc said:

You undererestimate the lengths to which Oregon is willing to sell out to get more wins.
    You overerestimate the lengths to which Oregon is willing to sell out to get more wins.
  • Options
    Willie_Got_Dam_LylesWillie_Got_Dam_Lyles Member Posts: 25
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    edited October 2014
    dnc said:

Never say never, our AD has experience in crazy ass wives, reference the lovely Mrs. Bellotti. Edit to BRB, JO