Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Carbon Emissions since 2000

Comments

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

At this point, break and tire debris from EVs are more harmful to the atmosphere than ICE emissions.

But there’s no money to be made with that argument so we do t talk about it

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,209
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited April 23

There isn't a way to come to any sort of meaningful conclusion from the chart as presented. It's a global issue based on volume. Per capita is a more accurate description of who is contributing than a 25 year percentage growth/decay, and China/India's growth is largely population/industrialization related. The United States was already heavily industrialized, and the population hasn't grown as quickly. And therefore our volumetric input has gone from bad to slightly less bad. It's not meaningful and it shouldn't be used to excuse our contribution. You have to understand the boundary conditions at t = t(0) t and t = t(n) to make any sort of meaningful conclusion about a trend. That all being said, every country is responsible for improving. This isn't a whataboutism thing.

• Options
    EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 1,578
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Carbon Dioxide output is not catastrophic in impacting the global climate and is roughly .04% of the atmosphere at most.

China has it correct and will rule the global economy within 40 years as Leftists in the West try to control their citizens and unnecessarily price the poor out of personal vehicles and eventually basic energy for their homes. Add in the retards like most Democrats here who believe this bullshit premise in the first place and it’s fantasy land as a deliberate lowering of standard of living is happening and people like @CallMeBigErn are advocates for it.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

I've posted on the green gai religious fraud for years. CO2 has another useful description otherwise known as plant food. In 2000 we were told that the ice caps would be melted and New York City would be under water by now and that the world's food supply would be decimated. Instead, world grain production is up and the ice caps are still there and New York City isn't under water. And US CO2 production is down since 2000 and China now produces twice the CO2 of the US. The solution is for the US to freeze in the dark to save the world while the chicoms continue to increase CO2 production and have a filthy environment with most of their water, surface and underground, is massively polluted. We just need to spend a few trillion on Chinese solar panels, wind turbines and all the necessary minerals and metals to produce expensive, dirty and non-reliable "renewable energy". 12,000 years ago Chicago was under a mile of ice. Then it wasn't. Damn cave man SUVs.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 23

Forgive the 8 year old chart. I found 2022 and it's more or less the same. America has dropped to 14.44 tons per capita. So yes, we are improving, which is good. It's not like China is completely going backwards with a coal boom here while we grovel with regulations. We still spit out 4x the CO2 they do per capita. And they have taken drastic measures in the last year, their "green" economy is booming with renewable energy and electric vehicles. Added 1.6 trillion to the Chinese economy last year which is ridic. They are outpacing us in that area, no doubt. Yes their contributions are still high, as is ours, as is everyone's. Also, fuck China, don't get me wrong here.

• Options
    edited April 23

China is currently building hundreds of new coal plants while we’re tearing down even dams for fish and telling coal industry workers “learn to code.” It’s so fucking dumb but here we are.

Tell me what wonders China is doing. LMAO

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/15/china-boosts-global-coal-power.html

• A report by Global Energy Monitor found that net coal capacity grew by 48.4 GW in 2023, with China accounting for about two-thirds of new coal plant capacity. 
    • China started construction on 70.2 GW of new coal-power capacity last year, almost 20 times the rest of the world’s 3.7 GW.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

4 times? And why did the Ice Age end? Definitely not man made CO2. Enquiring minds want to know.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 24

2x, mb.

I'm not going to sit here and educate you about why human-accelerated climate change is real and where we're headed. You are perfectly capable of educating yourself if you want. I suspect you don't, however.

• Options
    edited April 24

A Climate Cultist has spoken. How do people get this way? Must be under 30 and hasn’t heard these bullshit predictions that never pan out since the late 1970s like I have.

Feel bad for you. You’ve been bamboozled.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,831
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 24

You have some green shit on your chin…

Last I knew Plymouth rock is right where it was and isn't under water. A scam to control the population and prevent , gathering and being able to overthrow the commies that are the greenies. Greenies are green on the outside and RED on the inside.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 24

Feel free to deny what 99.99% of the scientific community (which includes myself as a geological engineer) agrees and has proven to be undeniable just because it doesn't fit your agenda. Just shit on anyone who knows what they're talking about. I could write out pages of proof and send thousands of sources right now and you'd still deny it. I aint dumb. Your schtick is stale. It's a broken record. Everyone is lying. Science is a lie. It's all a conspiracy. Shout it from the rooftops. Embrace your ignorance. I won't stop ya.

Special fuck off to you @RaceBannon. I know you have a brain, yet you choose to ignore it. Must make mama proud.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,954
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Follow the science!!!

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 24

Y'all ignore science because you heard someone say New York City would be underwater once and it hasn't happened so science is a lie. It's a massive orchestrated lib green conspiracy. This is how this hivemind works. Listen to how stupid it sounds.