Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Softy calls for Cauce's head

124»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Fundamentally it's very clear that you and I will never see eye to eye on most things … but I really disagree with your assertion

I don't give 2 shits about intro kick ass pressers … they are all pomp and circumstances

Here's what I found about Dannen to be important:

1. He talked often about prioritizing NIL and how the landscape for college sports was changing - this is spot on
    2. He had a sense for pushing the boundaries of what has historically been viewed as good enough and was open to pushing the envelope (see comments he made about trying to strengthen the Adidas relationship to be the flagship school to compete against Oregon - whether that is the right path going forward is debatable)
    3. He was an outsider to UW norms which again I view as a positive in that it brings a fresh perspective and is particularly critical from my viewpoint in a time period where UW Athletics is about to undergo significant change and needing to up their game at all levels
    4. While it can be debated how much blame he owns for DeBoer, I would say that he deserved credit for getting the obvious hire done in Jedd Fisch and in how he prioritized elements in that hire that will be critical for a CFB coach moving forward

I am particularly concerned about UW viewing what happened last football season as an indication that they don't need to continue evolving how they do things. How Jedd Fisch is going to go about things is going to be vastly different than DeBoer did. There's definitely the potential for their to be power/ideological struggles in play depending on the hire. I hope I'm wrong.

As such, I'm very interested in seeing who the hire is. I hope that it's not an internal hire.

And for the record, if you think all UW needs to do going forward is just support non-revenue sports more, you are fully not grasping how much the game is different when you're directly competing with the Big10 and SEC schools on an every single day basis. UW needs to update its approach on recruiting/developing its players internally versus its usage of the portal. UW needs to actively increase its brand awareness versus just relying on the association with the Big10 to drive that. UW needs to re-double down on its West Coast relationships as one of only 4 programs on the West Coast playing in a league that matters. UW needs to have a strategy to increase its ability to recruit a wider net outside of its traditional areas … it also needs to be aware of how the conference changes may impact their footprint in places like Arizona and Utah. There needs to be a targeted plan on how to address the competitive gap in terms of revenues versus Big10 peers over the next 5-6 years. There needs to be a continued evolution away from the mindset that persisted during Jen's tenure of prioritizing other things above competing and winning. This is just scratching the surface.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 26

Yeah, the full share B1G difference is that Nebraska can put a bunch of money into volleyball. Good for them I guess. It won't have anything to do with football or mens basketball, as has been demonstrated publicly.

Dannen is a fucking retard who didn't say a single interesting thing. Don't care that that's doogsight 20/20.

"NIL, football is the bellcow, I need to help Kalen win". It's like we're such doogs that we're praising the fact that they didn't just stick a giant middle finger to the football fans with a politically correct hire that wants all student athletes to share the same amount of nil (someone on this side actually thinks that's possible to do that even at a place like UW).

Fisch and Sprinkle hired themselves just like Petersen did. It's so fucking obvious at this point.

Dude couldn't even fucking spell right on his Twitter account. Just a complete walking example of why 95% of AD's don't need to make more than a couple hundred grand and maybe a few coupons for an Asian massage in Bellevue.

Tulane beating a soft overrated unmotivated SC fucking cashed that retard in and he knows it. Nebraska is retirement.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,942
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Seems like part of the culture fit issue was Dannen wanted to put more money into football vs other sports. I don't give a fuck what Nebraska does with its money. But if Michigan, Ohio State, USC, etc. are putting in the same % of revenues into football as UW, then UW is behind the game already. Dannen aside, if there is hesitation to shift more money into football, then we have a bigger problem that isn't a Dannen problem.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

There is literally nothing out there, not even a hint that anyone had a problem with putting more money into football. UW is putting more money into football and the University obviously loved all the attention from last year.

'culture fit' is a politically correct term for "we didn't think he was that great and worth the Nebraska money and he didn't think we were correct in that assessment".

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,925
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

what’s softy’s dumbass saying now?