Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Although Rome is difference maker

longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

and probably best WR ive seen in UW jersey.

If could take future bet, Polk has a longer. NFL career.

He will be the perpetual 3-4 WR on several different teams.

Side note I would have drafted Leaf over sexual assault Manning as well

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 3

What are you basing that assessment on? Rome is bigger, stronger, faster, and a high character guy. He also doesn't drop balls in the rain. Unless you're trying to forecast some kind of injury?

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The bigger talking point is that Polk committed to Jimmy.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Polk should be a good NFL WR. He did have a struggle in the rain and had a hard time shaking that off iirc. Otherwise he was pretty much perfect catching the ball and making the plays when they were there.

Odunze has a floor similar to Polk's ceiling though, to use faggy scouting terms. He'll be in the league for a long time barring injury. There really isn't anything he can't do well, he's big, and his personality alone is making him big $$ already.

• Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 277
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

In hindsight, Polk running his mouth about loving the rain before the Oregon State game and then proceeding to drop everything is hilarious. Wouldn’t be so funny if they lost.

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 4

Polk was really one of the best possession receivers that we have ever had, and he is going to be a great wide circumference pro as well. I think he is going to be that highly valued #2 on a hopefully high quality offense for years to come. Saying that, he isn't Rome ~ that guy is the highest quality receiver in UW history [isn't even close], and is going to be one of the top #1 receivers in the NFL. I think he is a monster that will literally take the lid off of the NFL for years to come.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Agreed, but he was probably trying to hype himself up. "Fake it until you make it" thinking. He had a fantastic season with 1.5 bad games.

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

No chance Polk has a better career than Rome. Rome's measurables are better in nearly every way, he's clutch as hell, he doesn't disappear for games like Polk, and he has a good head on his shoulders. He's going to be an All-pro caliber receiver. Don't get me wrong, I think Polk will be a solid NFL receiver, but he's not going to be better than Rome.

• Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Polk is also a great young receiver and young man, especially considering his ascent from the projects of Texas.

But Rome is better in nearly every way. I’ve said it before Rome has the potential to be the literal face of the NFL if he stays healthy. The Larry Fitzgerald comp is really good.

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,112
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If I remember correctly, Polk caught more passes than he dropped.

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 5

this was clearly a popular take. Man I’m trying to think of a higher level Husky NFL prospect I’ve ever felt more confident about than Odunze especially because of his attitude which seems rare as hell for sports right now.

I love Polk. Think he will be a huge score in the second round and if I were a team who wants a WR at the end of round one I’d take him easily over a faster guy like Worthy or Franklin.

Vita might be the only one I can think of. He would have been a #1 overall option if it was a time when DTs were more valued.

• Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

So much depends on where they both land.

I would be shocked if Rome didn’t have a ton of success in the NFL regardless of team, but even the best receivers can fade into the crowd if they get stuck in a shit scheme and bad QB play.

I do think Polk’s got a good shot to outperform his draft position. He’s got good size and strength and has a real knack for making contested catches, which pretty much any outside receiver will have to do. So does Rome, obviously. There’s basically nothing Rome doesn’t do well, and he has elite physical tools and character to boot. Fuck we were so fortunate to have him, what a fun past few seasons even with the sour ending.

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    Standard Supporter

yeah, a lot of projections of Rome to the Bears. The only NFL franchise who has never had a 4000 yard passer. I guess Caleb will chuck the ball around but as it stands Jay Cutler is the best passer that franchise has ever had.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Reggie Williams was better than both.

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    Swaye's Wigwam

The argument for Reggie was how dominant he could be. 01 Apple Cup, 02 Arizona, Oregon, and Apple Cup were games where he simply couldn't be stopped. It was also at at time where offensive schemes weren't what they are now and you had to straight up beat number one corners more often than now, like Marcus Trufant. Forgot how big of a game he had in his first ever college game against Michigan. Pretty special.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I would take Rome over Reggie. Maybe it's just because Rome was icing games for a winner.

• Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Jalen McMillan - “Elite” separation skills