Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My UW Hoops Screed

2»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

No shooters. Slow defensively. Bunch of super seniors that turn it over like their freshman/soph.

Insists on starting/player Wheeler over Johnson when Johnson is the only consistent player that deserves a scholarship.

And you know butthurt Zona and crowd was going to come out on fire against you.

• Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club

I watch a lot of college hoops and I rarely see teams, regardless of record, that look as completely disorganized as the UW. Every made basket looks like it was the product of an outstanding individual effort, or pure luck. Floor spacing is non-existent.

During that stretch today when we rotated Calmese and Holland, it looked no different than game #3 of the season, when we were still giving guys minutes to figure out what our rotation would be. Subbing for the sake of subbing, with guys coming on and off of the floor having no defined roles. Awful basketball.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited February 25

I couldn't even find yesterday's game on TV. It said CBS somewhere, but they were showing some Big Sky shit. Imagine getting bumped for North Dakota Barber's School. I listened to some of the first half. I had other things going on. I've never rooted for a team to lose to get the coach fired or obtain high draft picks, but I'm so close with them.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 26

They actually cut away at the start of OT between the #2 team in the country (Houston) vs. the #11 team in the country (Baylor) to show the tipoff of the UW Arizona game. Game was only available online.

But I'm hearing that the Mountain 12 will be a really popular basketball conference…