Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Sadly, the IROC was not a drag strip champion at all. That 305 is a total turd, and the 350 made a massive leap forward in 1993 when the 350 was reworked as the LT1. Chevy did make a 1LE version of the gen-3 Camaro that was a really nice track handling package for the era. The IROC is much cooler looking than the Fox-body Mustangs, IMO. I mean, yeah, the hideous car below is quicker but imagine being seen in this thing. And that's with Cobra wheels from the early 90's.

The real deal muscle cars were the Grand National (and other turbo Regals) from 1986 - 87 and the other GM vehicles from that era that also stuffed versions of that Turbo-6 motor under the hood (Syclone, Typhoon, and Turbo Trans Am). In fact, the Turbo T/A was actually the total package and if Billy Joe knew how to negotiate he would've made a massive upgrade to that over the shitty Camaro of that era.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Back when dad was a Chevy dealer from '81 to '88 he always had a new (owned by the business) Vette and being a little kid I never realized how gutless those cars were. I mean 1984 Vette with the 350 CI motor had like 205 HP and did zero to 60 in like 7 secs. Occasionally, he'd come home in an IROC Z which we thought was cool was the same gutless crap. I agree they looked a lock tuffer than the Mustangs of that era.

It's remarkable how much internal combustion engine technology while still improving on fuel economy has advance. Out little Audi A4 Allroad mommy wagon gets 261 HP out of a 2.0 turbo. The Audi 2.9 litre V-6's put out like 444 HP.

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,084
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

We used to refer to trashy hot girls as camaro girls based on the 80's IROC models. Looked good but below the surface just trash.

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

I actually really like those 80s and early 90s Mustangs. 1979 too if you want to get all technical about it.

The "Fox Body" we called them. I used to like the GT style, but as the years have passed I do think the LX model (like the one bleachedanus posted) has stood the test of time a bit better in terms of appearance.

Don't get me wrong, we're talking 80s Mustangs and Camaros, so it's all kind of trash. Grand Nationals are tougher to find and pretty expensive. I doubt parts are easy to find for them, either, and they are probably more of a chore to work on. Badass as fuck, though, and definitely way cooler than any Mustang, TransAm, or Camaro of the 1980s.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

It seemed like every white trash, wannabe tough guy faggot from 1998 to 2004 drove an '87 Iroc

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,922
    Founders Club

My cousins in Jersey told me IROC stood for Italian Retard Out Cruising.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,922
    Founders Club

My first car was a gutless 79 Mustang.