Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just 15 days ago

2»

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,640
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 26
    Houhusky said:

Jim Owens goes to three Rose Bowls

14 years until James gets another

1984 natty (hi ducks)

By 88 I would have fired Don James

91 natty part of 3 straight Rose Bowls

93 probation

2000 Rose Bowl

2002 Rick fired and the dark decade plus begins

2016 playoffs part of 3 straight NY6 Bowls

2020 Jimmy Lake hired

2022-23 25-3 Sugar Bowl win national runner up

Today

Is there any program that comes close to the wild UW rollercoaster of the last 50 years? We? have been to the top of the mountain and to the absolute bottom of the septic tank.
    Nebraska probably

90s - 6 orange bowls, 3 NC, 3 decades of never finishing unranked

2002 - 2012 - shaky 9-10 win seasons with Bo Pelini, some unranked but mostly finishing just outside top 20

2013 - present - havent finished ranked in over a decade, since 2017 they haven't gone to a bowl game and their average wins per season is 5...
    Nebraska the past 20 is a sad existence. They haven't had the true lows Washington has but they certainly haven't had the high level success. Michigan ironically had a similar situation before the past few years. Throw Miami in there as well.
  • Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 125
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter
    LawDawg1 said:

Removing the interim tag from Gilby is guillotine worthy. Replacing Gilby with Willingham deserves a long, painful, drawn out agonizing death that I’d pay $5 a day to watch.

I recall thinking after gilby's 1-10, "fuck I'm glad that's behind us". Little did I know that the program was going to spend the next 4 years in the prison laundry room

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

Removing the interim tag from Gilby is guillotine worthy. Replacing Gilby with Willingham deserves a long, painful, drawn out agonizing death that I’d pay $5 a day to watch.

I recall thinking after gilby's 1-10, "fuck I'm glad that's behind us". Little did I know that the program was going to spend the next 4 years in the prison laundry room

Forgotten classic movie

Sean Penn was a great teen actor

#TBS
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

LawDawg1 said:

Forgotten classic movie

Sean Penn was a great teen actor

#TBS
    Soda cans in the pillow case is a top shelf way to extract revenge IMHO
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

1984 natty (hi ducks)

93 probation

2000 Rose Bowl

2020 Jimmy Lake hired

Today

Is there any program that comes close to the wild UW rollercoaster of the last 50 years? We? have been to the top of the mountain and to the absolute bottom of the septic tank.
    Nebraska probably

2002 - 2012 - shaky 9-10 win seasons with Bo Pelini, some unranked but mostly finishing just outside top 20

2013 - present - havent finished ranked in over a decade, since 2017 they haven't gone to a bowl game and their average wins per season is 5...
    Nebraska the past 20 is a sad existence. They haven't had the true lows Washington has but they certainly haven't had the high level success. Michigan ironically had a similar situation before the past few years. Throw Miami in there as well.
    Good call. While not suffering the pains of truly fucking terrible teams, it could be argued that 20+ years of lambo level mediocrity might be just as bad
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Blonde dude was a prison guard in Shawshank no?

Yup, Clancy Brown. He was also the bad guy in the original Highlander movie. Has a shit ton of work on his IMDb page.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Blonde dude was a prison guard in Shawshank no?

Yup, Clancy Brown. He was also the bad guy in the original Highlander movie. Has a shit ton of work on his IMDb page.
    Rooftop tarring scene is an all timer.
    https://youtu.be/njJ41irPjTc?si=Kg2BheRqArypMejy
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,640
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

1984 natty (hi ducks)

93 probation

2000 Rose Bowl

2020 Jimmy Lake hired

Today

Nebraska probably

Good call. While not suffering the pains of truly fucking terrible teams, it could be argued that 20+ years of lambo level mediocrity might be just as bad
    I'd easily take what UW has gone through with those horrible lows over Nebraska's just perpetual below averageness and occasional average or above average.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

Houhusky said:

1984 natty (hi ducks)

93 probation

2000 Rose Bowl

2020 Jimmy Lake hired

Today

Nebraska probably

I'd easily take what UW has gone through with those horrible lows over Nebraska's just perpetual below averageness and occasional average or above average.
    Over the last 20 years, Nebraska had 10 winning records vs UW's 13.

UW had 6 seasons in a row without a winning record versus Nebraska's current streak of 7

Nebraska hasn't had a season over 0.750 in the last 20 years whereas UW has had 5

So yeah, it's a no brainer, even with our darkest decade
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    From 1970 to 2002 Nebraska had a historical run. Unlike my Sooners they couldn't keep up
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 761
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Houhusky said:

1984 natty (hi ducks)

93 probation

2000 Rose Bowl

2020 Jimmy Lake hired

Today

Nebraska probably

Over the last 20 years, Nebraska had 10 winning records vs UW's 13.

UW had 6 seasons in a row without a winning record versus Nebraska's current streak of 7

Nebraska hasn't had a season over 0.750 in the last 20 years whereas UW has had 5

So yeah, it's a no brainer, even with our darkest decade
    Notre Dame maybe? Good in late 80’s/early 90’s. Mediocre for a while then Willingham followed by a decided schematic advantage that got them to like 3-9. Back to good but clearly not elite, now kind of average.
    They’re still Notre Dame and all the preferential treatment that comes with that though, so fuck them.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,046
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

1984 natty (hi ducks)

93 probation

2000 Rose Bowl

2020 Jimmy Lake hired

Today

No. UW is one of a kind.
    Thanks to my Dad for introducing me to UW football. It's like having a bipolar wife.
    My Dad (class of '68) introduced me to UW Football in 1990 at the peak of bi-polar hotness.

Row-boat stamp on my admissions forms got me into school, but she was already letting herself go.