Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Teq Thoughts - Portal DOOR.ASS.OUT.

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
The rules are the rules ... you can't bitch about people leveraging their options and making what they feel are the decisions in their best interest

In that light, anybody that enters the portal and chooses a different path for themselves, they have every right to make that decision

So this isn't a thought or rant piece tied to that ...

What this is is calling out the BS that is tied to it ...

I see a lot of people talk about how the players that are leaving perhaps are tired of change and that they've had 3 head coaches in 5 years. Yep that's all true. That's also called life. Welcome to being an adult. Change happens and it will continue to happen so deal with it. Don't tell me that you want a fresh start and are tired of change after selecting a program that you have no direct ties to. Brailsford following DeBoer and Huff ... that at least makes some sense. Following a position coach that recruited you? OK? Signing up to play with coaches on a VERY hot seat? Sounds brilliant.

Let's be truthful about the WHY behind leaving. It's because somebody is offering more money ... It's because somebody is offering a more direct path at winning ... It's because you want a different experience ... all logical and makes sense. But don't say it's tired of change when you're going to somewhere where you're getting more change than you'd have by staying.

On the topic, running from change just highlights one's ability to embrace change and adversity. Overcoming change is hard ... I'll readily admit that. You grow more in your life from your difficult experiences instead of the easy ones. The difficult experiences are the ones that are most rewarding.

Early in one's career, you look up to more senior people to help mold and teach you how to get things done. As your own career progresses you get to a point in your career where it becomes your turn to teach the next generation and pay forward the help and guidance that you received early in your career ...

So when I see so many people at a point in their journey where they are to step into position to be leaders and helping the youth on how to do their jobs and they decide to bounce for an easier opportunity ... it sits wrong with me. Instead of being a leader there is an active choice of being something between a follower and a chair filler ... someone that moves in and out.

To watch so many choose a different path after what this program has been through the last 2-4 years ... it's highly disappointing.

Like I said ... everybody is entitled to explore the options and opportunities that the system allows. So nothing negative from that perspective.

But there's a big difference in how people get remembered and what their legacies are to a spot. Those that build and lead through the tough times are the ones that get remembered the most. Those that bail when times get tough are remembered but it's at a completely different and lower level.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Commit to a school. Fuck your position coaches and fuck the other school.

Only exception is a situation like Jimmy Lake wants to run a 1980's NFL offense and run a 160 lb back directly into a wall over and over averaging 12 points.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They aren't there to play school
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Millennials (my generation) and younger have no fucking clue how to face adversity. In my own household I constantly battle that shit to make sure my kids aren’t pussies who shut down the second a road block comes up. Fucking TOF…

I’m sure it doesn’t help that some of them looked up to dedouche and then he bounced in the manner he did.

Everyone cool is doing it.

Lots of factors and variables. No two scenarios the same.

In the end it will always and forever be fuck the kids.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Whatever

Penix is a great Husky

Win some lose some

Penix is a great example

Played 4 years and in some ways was pushed out and in some ways needed a fresh start

You're right ... you win some and you lose some

Outside of the lack of structure to the whole player movement and NIL system I don't really have an issue with player movement

What I have a bigger issue with is when the rationale used by people for leaving is circular garbage

Just make it make sense
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One of you needs to leave the hate here and take a fucking walk…

• Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 123
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 26
    HuskyJW said:

WTF is happening

I cheer for UW

You leave….and I’m supposed to still be nice and wish you well

Not the way I was raised in my two parent household

Fucking this.

• Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 278
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Thank you for coming to Teq’s Ted Talk.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 774
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

WTF is happening

I cheer for UW

You leave….and I’m supposed to still be nice and wish you well

Not the way I was raised in my two parent household

Agree with this. I don't hate the players, at the point they leave they are out of mind. But I feel a visceral, violent hatred for the candyass who insist on us all wishing them well.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Penix, Odunze, McMillan, Polk, Dillon Johnson, Fauntanu, Ulo, Westover, and now Fabiculacanonanunan are all Husky legends.

Portal pansies can go kick rocks.

I’ve been thinking about this. Who are the Husky Legends who’ll be recognized in the future?

You list 9 off this team and there are a few more. Rosengarten for sure. Someone already mention Culp. Bruener and Tulapapa. Jackson, Ale, Tuli, ZTF & Trice.

I enjoyed rooting for the guy who portables while they played for UW but now they’re gone, good luck and don’t expect any recognition from UW in the future.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 26

Penix, Odunze, McMillan, Polk, Dillon Johnson, Fauntanu, Ulo, Westover, and now Fabiculacanonanunan are all Husky legends.

I’ve been thinking about this. Who are the Husky Legends who’ll be recognized in the future?

You list 9 off this team and there are a few more. Rosengarten for sure. Someone already mention Culp. Bruener and Tulapapa. Jackson, Ale, Tuli, ZTF & Trice.

I enjoyed rooting for the guy who portables while they played for UW but now they’re gone, good luck and don’t expect any recognition from UW in the future.
    Drink some coffee, my man. You left off Rome, Polk, and Jmac. I could see Westy too. But yeah, I agree. If they transfer out, they gone. Don’t welcome them back

Edit: Disregard. I’m the one that needs coffee. Delete.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Drink some coffee, my man. You left off Rome, Polk, and Jmac. I could see Westy too. But yeah, I agree. If they transfer out, they gone. Don’t welcome them back

Your error will stay up for all to see
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Your error will stay up for all to see
    I was going to delete it, but I decided to just own it instead. I should know better than to poast pre-coffee while taking my morning shit, but here we are