Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

University of Oregon confirmed poverty program

Schools recently released their FY23 (fiscal year ended 6/30/2023) athletic department financials. As expected, the University of Washington reports significantly more football contributions and revenue, by a margin of $101m to $79m, when compared to our less fortunate neighbors to the south. Thankfully for the ducks they are a track and field school, so their total AD revenues are almost matching ours.

On a related note, despite getting half shares of B1G TV revenue, the $30m we're both scheduled to earn in FY24 will significantly outpace the Pac-12's shitty deal ($21-22m). Anyways, I took the liberty of formatting this so that our resident financially illiterate dumbfucks (hi @thechatch!) can understand the quick hitters.

https://gohuskies.com/documents/2024/1/16/NCAA_Rev_Exp_Report_2022-2023.pdf
https://goducks.com/documents/2024/1/17/University_of_Oregon_2023_AUP_Report_-_FINAL.pdf

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In before @bridgetrollduck responds with, "we're doing just fine."
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What also gets lost with the Pac 2 fans on Twitter is the fact that Oregon and Washington can borrow more money from the B1G if they really need it before they get a full share.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Thank you for doing this important research
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It looks like Oregon has over $150 million in debt from their basketball arena alone. Wow. Does Phil Knight plan on paying that off upon his death?

I hope they are screwed once he kicks the can.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did they ever finish their Polynesian center? Eugene is the most poly friendly place on earth!!!
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,151
    Founders Club
    edited January 26
    haie said:

Did they ever finish their Polynesian center?

Hmmmmm
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,267
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 26
    It's Pea Patch tim in Eugene when Uncle Phil retires. I'm sure they have investment shares setup to fund the major programs. Clock is ticking for them to win some big games and get that blue blood status. Truck stop, blue balls U
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Damnit

Don’t you hate it when this board is right?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Knight watched Oregon lose the Rose Bowl and Moos hooked him. The rest is no natty history

Gates watched UW lose to Michigan. Dannen is trying to hook him.

UW does have a larger pool but those big fish...

My tug view of Gates is different from my football money view. Situational ethics always help in college football

Just like Jodie Allen refusing to sell the Blazers to Phil has helped Oregon, maybe locking down the retarded Seahawks will help us? wrt him and Ballmer?

Ballmer has to be getting bored with his dumb ass LA employees wanting to sit half the season and then still not getting him a ring.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793

For being poor they sure do eat a lot at the concession stand.

UW really needs to figure out the concession situation. It’s probably the worst in the conference, which is pathetic. I’m not joking when I say they’re probably leaving $2MM on the table in revenue.

If they just figure out how to do the basics right like keeping things in stock, getting the lines moving faster, etc. they’d be in far better shape. So many times I’ve gone to buy something and the workers can’t figure out how to use the machines, look confused about what to do, and so on. It’s maybe the lowest hanging fruit for revenue and fan experience and seems like a simple fix.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Doesn’t stadium capacity play a major role in revenue when both schools sell out nearly every week.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dannarc said:

It's Pea Patch tim in Eugene when Uncle Phil retires. I'm sure they have investment shares setup to fund the major programs. Clock is ticking for them to win some big games and get that blue blood status. Truck stop, blue balls U

There’s already a $3-$4B endowment set up for when the time comes. This has been planned on for years
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,533
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 26
    HFNY said:

What a strange person. I would leave all that money to real causes like improving cancer treatment, solving Alzheimer’s / Parkinson’s, and helping foster kids rather than an athletic department that is essentially Ohio State lite.

Nah let's make sure some shitball dads and 7 on 7 coaches get paid and free shoes. Fuck it. Sco.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Is this why they pump their own gas now?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dannarc said:

There’s already a $3-$4B endowment set up for when the time comes. This has been planned on for years
    If I was going to leave that much money to my team, I’d do it while I was alive, so I wouldn’t have to die nattyless
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,520
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dannarc said:

If I was going to leave that much money to my team, I’d do it while I was alive, so I wouldn’t have to die nattyless
    He knows that without it the school would be destitute in the long run and would no longer be able to beat the likes of Liberty in the Fiesta Bowl. Gotta keep the Duck fans' hopes up for the annual off-season natty.