Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kalepo sells the couch

13»

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,943
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

What happened to UW's bags of money?

Counterfeit?

Saving it for better players come spring
    Better players portaling in the spring that aren’t the starter or in the two deeps? Sounds like a good plan.
    Well, they will still likely be better than what is on UW's roster currently.
    They’ll be filling empty spots so yes, I would hope they were better than nothing.

My point is we’re not bringing in Hunter, or Watson, or Green, or Rogers caliber guys during that period.

Next years going to suck ass.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Counterfeit?

Better players portaling in the spring that aren’t the starter or in the two deeps? Sounds like a good plan.
    They’ll be filling empty spots so yes, I would hope they were better than nothing.

My point is we’re not bringing in Hunter, or Watson, or Green, or Rogers caliber guys during that period.

Adjust the expectations and next year will be fine ...

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a bunch of guys get snaps that probably wouldn't have otherwise ...

Will give us a chance to see who is and isn't part of the long-term solution
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,943
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Counterfeit?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a bunch of guys get snaps that probably wouldn't have otherwise ...

Happy for your ability to make lemonade with lemons.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Counterfeit?

Unfortunately, UW will need to make lemonade with turnips
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm not buying the Sky is falling bullshit, however, I'm not subscribing to "I don't see a loss on the schedule" either. The truth lies in the middle. We haven't been delt a good hand in this shit thanks to DeBoer. The program in general is doing what it takes to put a winning product on the field.

We need smart, physical football guys, I know everyone wants the high profile sizzle bullshit, I don't think there will be much of that.
  • Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 278
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    TheHB said:

Tequilla said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Counterfeit?

Unfortunately, UW will need to make lemonade with turnips
    You should be able to ferment turnips into jail hooch, so there’s still hope.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 24
    dannarc said:

I'm not buying the Sky is falling bullshit, however, I'm not subscribing to "I don't see a loss on the schedule" either. The truth lies in the middle. We haven't been delt a good hand in this shit thanks to DeBoer. The program in general is doing what it takes to put a winning product on the field.

We need smart, physical football guys, I know everyone wants the high profile sizzle bullshit, I don't think there will be much of that.

Considering this weird situation where only a few schools can be poached from, and UW is one of them, it's paste eating levels of stupid to run with this narrative that the current players don't like the new staff and are leaving.

"They won't be able to field a team!!!!" as the Springfield drug task force closes in on their house with flashbangs..

It's not going to turn into ASU or Michigan State. The staff is proven enough we don't have fucking Herm Edwards and Mel Tucker managing the program. And we were just in national fucking championship game. Pretty sure kids tuned into that.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dannarc said:

Don't forget Jimmy Lake. His 2021 class was bad and the 2022 class that DeBoer / staff stitched together wasn't much better.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Natty game proved that UW can and will play at the highest level under the right circumstances. Last season squelched alot of the TTTT football theories and rhetoric. Hire coaches that want to win Natties and are football guys and find players that are tough, maybe overlooked with a chip on their shoulder, sprinkle in a few portal mercenaries and BAM! 7-5 Baby! Or 14-1..,,whatever
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

dannarc said:

Considering this weird situation where only a few schools can be poached from, and UW is one of them, it's paste eating levels of stupid to run with this narrative that the current players don't like the new staff and are leaving.

"They won't be able to field a team!!!!" as the Springfield drug task force closes in on their house with flashbangs..

It's not going to turn into ASU or Michigan State. The staff is proven enough we don't have fucking Herm Edwards and Mel Tucker managing the program. And we were just in national fucking championship game. Pretty sure kids tuned into that.
    More kids are going to leave in the spring. I am sure we will get a bunch also but good schools will be in market too, not just us. I think Fisch is playing the long game here with a new contract and will look for early enrollees and younger transfers that get beat out on the depth chart.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Counterfeit?

I try to adjust my expectations to whatever is on the roster

At this point it’s hard to envision a roster that is not in the average level next year

I had practice for mediocrity after a Natty run this year … and on the surface right now UW has way worse of a roster than what TCU brought back
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Could be open season on Michigan any day now
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Quitter. Could have been a true leader on this team, instead runs away. Kids these days are pussies
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

dannarc said:

More kids are going to leave in the spring. I am sure we will get a bunch also but good schools will be in market too, not just us. I think Fisch is playing the long game here with a new contract and will look for early enrollees and younger transfers that get beat out on the depth chart.
    At least the portal will be for everybody, and schools that are hoarding players will have to let them ago, with their judgement mostly just based off of a scrimmage and 2 weeks of practice.

But like many other lame things in college football now, "UW didn't have a LIT spring game!!! Scooooo"
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    Standard Supporter

haie said:

dannarc said:

Good point in that it doesn't seem like the new staff is willing to go after transfers with only one year of eligibility left unless it's a spot that needs depth (such as the LB from San Jose State).

It reminds me of a new CEO who comes in following the previous who CEO left after milking the free cash flow but not investing enough in the future. Fisch is the new CEO who wants to clear the decks, take some lumps for a year, and then be well set up for 2025.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

haie said:

dannarc said:

At least the portal will be for everybody, and schools that are hoarding players will have to let them ago, with their judgement mostly just based off of a scrimmage and 2 weeks of practice.

But like many other lame things in college football now, "UW didn't have a LIT spring game!!! Scooooo"
    Chinned for 'lit spring game'. Lolz.
  • Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

haie said:

dannarc said:

Good point in that it doesn't seem like the new staff is willing to go after transfers with only one year of eligibility left unless it's a spot that needs depth (such as the LB from San Jose State).

It reminds me of a new CEO who comes in following the previous who CEO left after milking the free cash flow but not investing enough in the future. Fisch is the new CEO who wants to clear the decks, take some lumps for a year, and then be well set up for 2025.
    There's no reason not to do both in today's CFB landscape, so I hope he's not actively trying that approach. You can't really afford to tank a year and fall behind. Every team brings in 1 or 2 year mercenaries that are ready to go in the world of free-agency. Paying young players to come in and get experience is a losing game nowadays, especially since so many of them end up bailing on you for greener pastures anyway. Field a team of mercs, build depth with youth, pay them, win enough and kiss their asses enough that they stick around. That's the name of the game in 2024.

You can blame deboer for leaving the cupboard bare, then taking a shit in it on his way out, blowing up the roster further. And now its just not an attractive spot to come to, if you are one of those 1 year mercs. Fisch would be loading up on them otherwise (I hope). I don't think he's actively trying not to get those mercenaries, but if he isn't then he's going to be a failure.