Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kalepo sells the couch

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Isn’t this his 4th time this week?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,569
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I thought the 2022 O-Line was going to be a train wreck based off what Huff fielded in a horrific scheme in 2021.

It turned out a bunch of new faces turned into one of the better lines in the country, especially in pass pro.

Point being, bye.gif Kalepo and many new faces will be starting this year. Likely 4 new starters. I still think there is a chance Rosengarten doesn't get the draft grade he wants and comes back? Maybe not.

Regardless - there are enough depth pieces that have some potential (Hatchett bros are returning I'd bet) plus Memeelar (who was supposed to start at guard pre-injury) that there is 3 potential starters in the depth. The San Diego State transfer is 4th.

I think Fisch brings in 2 experienced portal players when stuff reopens again in the spring, maybe even 3. His line at Arizona was legitimately good this year. They played worse in the bowl game due to 2 NFL opt outs.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,569
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

At this point I’m not counting on any portal players coming back to UW. Seems like really negative vibes are coming from those players.

I think it's the shock of playing to be the best in the country, to the fallout of the coach leaving two days later.

I'm anticipating a decent amount will stay.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I guess the McDonald’s NIL deal finally came through.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,925
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TheHB said:

At this point I’m not counting on any portal players coming back to UW. Seems like really negative vibes are coming from those players.

I think it's the shock of playing to be the best in the country, to the fallout of the coach leaving two days later.

I would happily take a scenario where all of the current portal players LEAVE, if everyone else sticks around and we get no more portal entries.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

I would happily take a scenario where all of the current portal players LEAVE, if everyone else sticks around and we get no more portal entries.
    I’m with you. Staunch the flow of blood, see what you have and actually start building it up. Gotta stop losing more than you gain.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Sounds like Mario Cristobal is throwing bags at a bunch of our less-heralded starters.

I dont blame him, Meesh, or Buelow for getting paid in his last year of eligibility if someone's going to ridiculously overpay them. Likely UDFA next year

Cristobal is definitely feeling the heat at Miami (12-13 and 6-10 in conference).
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    In the Natty game I think Troy and Brailsford were the only guys that I didn't see a "oh that looked bad" play. By games end Rosengarten was twitchy in a bad way, Kalepo had a penchant for drive killing false starts. By Big 10 standards our interior guys at Guard are large but not athletic enough. The knock on Braislford was his size but everyone knew he was fast and athletic.

I wish Kalepo and Buelow well but honestly I feel like a couple of guys on the OL went to the new Coaching staff with the "I'd like x amount of dollars in NIL" and the new coaches said "kick rocks"

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    My worthless take.

I also think UW needed to overpay early on OL. Getting a quality QB to commit to that roster as is just isn’t going to happen.

OL
    DL
    QB
    WR

Needed to be the priority line….

Unless something changes drastically and soon I don’t think Rogers sticks, and you’ll be left with a midget and a walk on going into Spring camp.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,153
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

My worthless take.

I also think UW needed to overpay early on OL. Getting a quality QB to commit to that roster as is just isn’t going to happen.

OL
    DL
    QB
    WR

Unless something changes drastically and soon I don’t think Rogers sticks, and you’ll be left with a midget and a walk on going into Spring camp.

• Options

thechatch said:

My worthless take.

OL
    DL
    QB
    WR

Denial and anger are the first two…
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 23
    A good QB just committed to UW for the 2025 class.

I'm sure the staff is working hard to keep the Hatchett bros in the fold.

Brennan Carroll has his work cut out for finding a few OL who will be RS-Sophs or RS-JRs for the 2024 season. If not for starters, for the two deeps. Ray Pulido is still an option.

Fortunately the new staff has proven it can recruit.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

My worthless take.

OL
    DL
    QB
    WR

Oregon lost their 3 players that made all their plays but they can't stop thinking about Washington POTD
  • Options
    haie said:

thechatch said:

My worthless take.

OL
    DL
    QB
    WR

Oregon lost their 3 players that made all their plays but they can't stop thinking about Washington POTD
    We’re gonna be fine.

Thanks for your concern.