Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Three coaching vacancies left

2»

Comments

• Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm hearing Carroll and Shaw as Co-DCs.

Understandable mistake, but it's actually Carol Shaw as DC
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Shaw
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,054
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 23

Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

Considering Huff, Grubb, and Shephard are apparently still on UW staff because Alabama doesn't want to pay their buyouts UW will be the first team ever to only run offense.

Any good sources on this buyout chatter? I couldn't find any info on a buyout figure for Grubb, or if he even has one.

I'd be surprised if Huff or Shephard had buyouts, that's an unusual thing to negotiate when it's already understood that their role is so transient.
    Grubb is/was under contract with UW through 2025. If he could somehow get fired, he’d be in a for a payday. I think it’s more about that.
    That's interesting, I have never heard of any assistant coach/program scheming such a petty move. Frankly, I don't buy that that's what's happening.

*If* that was actually the maneuver, I would think that UW could simply fire Grubb for cause as soon as he stops showing up for work for a few weeks. Otherwise, what's the angle? Bama tells Grubb to hold off, keep "clocking in" at UW, all the while missing a crucial acclimation period for his new team and Bama willingly foregoes having their most important assistant coach while they're trying to install their new offense? That's a shitload of hijinks that would almost certainly fail, all in the pursuit of saving what amounts to a drop in the bucket for Bama athletics.
    Uh, assistants "always" have buyouts. UW is on the hook here, not Grubb. I bet they have a stipulation in all their contracts to deal with this, however.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dtd said:

Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

Considering Huff, Grubb, and Shephard are apparently still on UW staff because Alabama doesn't want to pay their buyouts UW will be the first team ever to only run offense.

Any good sources on this buyout chatter? I couldn't find any info on a buyout figure for Grubb, or if he even has one.

I'd be surprised if Huff or Shephard had buyouts, that's an unusual thing to negotiate when it's already understood that their role is so transient.
    Grubb is/was under contract with UW through 2025. If he could somehow get fired, he’d be in a for a payday. I think it’s more about that.
    That's interesting, I have never heard of any assistant coach/program scheming such a petty move. Frankly, I don't buy that that's what's happening.

*If* that was actually the maneuver, I would think that UW could simply fire Grubb for cause as soon as he stops showing up for work for a few weeks. Otherwise, what's the angle? Bama tells Grubb to hold off, keep "clocking in" at UW, all the while missing a crucial acclimation period for his new team and Bama willingly foregoes having their most important assistant coach while they're trying to install their new offense? That's a shitload of hijinks that would almost certainly fail, all in the pursuit of saving what amounts to a drop in the bucket for Bama athletics.
    Uh, assistants "always" have buyouts. UW is on the hook here, not Grubb. I bet they have a stipulation in all their contracts to deal with this, however.
    But Grubb may owe money to UW if he leaves UW for Alabama. Alabama would then have to pay his buyout. UW would only be on the hook if they fired him.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 23
    HFNY said:

dtd said:

Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

But Grubb may owe money to UW if he leaves UW for Alabama. Alabama would then have to pay his buyout. UW would only be on the hook if they fired him.
    That's the point. Are they going to keeping paying him to be an employee, or are they going to fire him and pay his buyout? Like I said, there's certainly contract boilerplate that covers this shit.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Is it happening?
    David Shaw.
    I was pretty clear with you window lickers that Shaw wasn’t happening.
    That’s because Shaw sucks.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 23
    dtd said:

HFNY said:

dtd said:

Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

That's the point. Are they going to keeping paying him to be an employee, or are they going to fire him and pay his buyout? Like I said, there's certainly contract boilerplate that covers this shit.
    Sounds like Bama is with the poors at this point. Might as well join the 2PAC
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dtd said:

HFNY said:

dtd said:

Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

Neither, he's going to Bama. The contract boilerplate covers the convoluted shit people have been speculating about Bama not "officially" hiring him so that UW has to pay his buyout. It's all nonsense - nobody is paying Ryan Grubb a buyout unless for some bizarre reason Deboer passes him over for OC.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

HFNY said:

dtd said:

Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

Neither, he's going to Bama. The contract boilerplate covers the convoluted shit people have been speculating about Bama not "officially" hiring him so that UW has to pay his buyout. It's all nonsense - nobody is paying Ryan Grubb a buyout unless for some bizarre reason Deboer passes him over for OC.
    You aren't making any sense. Grubb almost certainly has a buyout. Someone is paying it.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Is it happening?
    David Shaw.
    I was pretty clear with you window lickers that Shaw wasn’t happening.
    Sensitive?
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,008
    dtd said:

HFNY said:

dtd said:

Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

Well if he's at Bama now, he left. Pretty simple.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

dtd said:

HFNY said:

dtd said:

Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

You aren't making any sense. Grubb almost certainly has a buyout. Someone is paying it.
    Jesus Christ.

Hit your numbers and stop worrying about a school you can't get into.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

dtd said:

Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dtd said:

dtd said:

HFNY said:

dtd said:

Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

The only buyout anyone would potentially owe is Grubb/Bama paying UW for breaking his contract. This isn't fucking complicated.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It feels like William Inge or the modern equivalent of Ed Donatell is going to be announced as DC any day now
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

It feels like William Inge or the modern equivalent of Ed Donatell is going to be announced as DC any day now

Getting those Jimmy Lake vibes. "After a national search we've found the guy we were looking for was right here in the building!"
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,112
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Scheer said Fisch wants even his coordinators to croot and that’s why Nansen was hired. Using that logic, maybe it will be Inge🤔
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    Standard Supporter
    I have heard Pete Carroll is a good recruiter.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    I met Nick Holt’s parents once. Nice people.