Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Three coaching vacancies left

For all you cunts who clicked on this thread, post your bullshit rumors and speculation here.

A DC and a linebackers coach seem to be a lock, with the third spot being somewhat of a pick em. Hopefully we go after an actual dedicated OL coach, since the OC and OL duties should absolutely not be split by one guy. But that is how Fisch structured his staff in 2023, and they went with a three DB coach approach. It makes no god damn sense, but what the hell do I know.

Comments

• Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 153
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Sean Desai, just let go by the Eagles, would be a great DC.
  • Options

Houhusky said:

Considering Huff, Grubb, and Shephard are apparently still on UW staff because Alabama doesn't want to pay their buyouts UW will be the first team ever to only run offense.

We can't fill out our staff because poverty program Bama can't afford their coaches

Should also hit them with tampering since that's the flavor of the month
    Release the lawyers.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The portal needs to be separate from the coaching carousel tim. This is insane. Or just get rid of the portal....
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

He has almost no experience outside of being a coffee boy or a safeties coach... He was demoted out of DC for a winning team for being weird, was removed from coaches meetings, and still hung around...

Not a good hire.
    Wow - I hadn't read all that. At one point he was in HC job predictions. He must have really lost it.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

He has almost no experience outside of being a coffee boy or a safeties coach... He was demoted out of DC for a winning team for being weird, was removed from coaches meetings, and still hung around...

Not a good hire.
    Wow - I hadn't read all that. At one point he was in HC job predictions. He must have really lost it.
    • (5 years as a QC assistant) 2013-2019, Desai was hired by the Chicago Bears as a quality control assistant.
    • (2 years as S coach) 2019 - 2021, Desai was promoted to Bears safeties coaches. (2 years as S coach)
    • (3 weeks in the off season as DC) January 22, 2021 - February 11, 2022, Desai was promoted to defensive coordinator, not retained after Matt Nagy firing
    • (1 year Associate defensive head coach) February 11, 2022, Desai was hired by the Seattle Seahawks as an Associate Defensive head coach.
    • (10 months, Defensive Coordinator) February 28, 2023, Desai was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles as their defensive coordinator
    Despite the Eagles having a 10–3 record this season, head coach Nick Sirianni announced on December 17, 2023, that senior defensive assistant Matt Patricia would be taking over defensive play-calling from Desai. Desai was then moved to a lesser position in the coaches' box. This decision came after the Eagles' defense allowed 42 and 33 points in consecutive weeks, ranking as the worst third-down defense in the NFL. The Philadelphia Inquirer reported that Desai did not "carry himself with confidence," and some players started to feel that. Crossing Broad also reported that, following the move, Desai was not part of the team's coaches meetings.

In less than a year in his position, and after losing 6 of their last 7 games, including a Wild Card playoff game, Sirianni fired Desai on January 21, 2024.

Towel boy for 5 years, 2 years as safeties coach, 3 weeks as off season DC, 1 year as assistant to the regional manager, 10 month as Philly DC ending in disaster.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Not a good hire.
    • (5 years as a QC assistant) 2013-2019, Desai was hired by the Chicago Bears as a quality control assistant.
    • (2 years as S coach) 2019 - 2021, Desai was promoted to Bears safeties coaches. (2 years as S coach)
    • (3 weeks in the off season as DC) January 22, 2021 - February 11, 2022, Desai was promoted to defensive coordinator, not retained after Matt Nagy firing
    • (1 year Associate defensive head coach) February 11, 2022, Desai was hired by the Seattle Seahawks as an Associate Defensive head coach.
    • (10 months, Defensive Coordinator) February 28, 2023, Desai was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles as their defensive coordinator
    Despite the Eagles having a 10–3 record this season, head coach Nick Sirianni announced on December 17, 2023, that senior defensive assistant Matt Patricia would be taking over defensive play-calling from Desai. Desai was then moved to a lesser position in the coaches' box. This decision came after the Eagles' defense allowed 42 and 33 points in consecutive weeks, ranking as the worst third-down defense in the NFL. The Philadelphia Inquirer reported that Desai did not "carry himself with confidence," and some players started to feel that. Crossing Broad also reported that, following the move, Desai was not part of the team's coaches meetings.

In less than a year in his position, and after losing 6 of their last 7 games, including a Wild Card playoff game, Sirianni fired Desai on January 21, 2024.

Towel boy for 5 years, 2 years as safeties coach, 3 weeks as off season DC, 1 year as assistant to the regional manager, 10 month as Philly DC ending in disaster.
    Yeah, that’s gonna be a no for me, dwag
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

Considering Huff, Grubb, and Shephard are apparently still on UW staff because Alabama doesn't want to pay their buyouts UW will be the first team ever to only run offense.

Any good sources on this buyout chatter? I couldn't find any info on a buyout figure for Grubb, or if he even has one.

I'd be surprised if Huff or Shephard had buyouts, that's an unusual thing to negotiate when it's already understood that their role is so transient.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,956
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Any good sources on this buyout chatter? I couldn't find any info on a buyout figure for Grubb, or if he even has one.

I'd be surprised if Huff or Shephard had buyouts, that's an unusual thing to negotiate when it's already understood that their role is so transient.
    Grubb is/was under contract with UW through 2025. If he could somehow get fired, he’d be in a for a payday. I think it’s more about that.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

Grubb is/was under contract with UW through 2025. If he could somehow get fired, he’d be in a for a payday. I think it’s more about that.
    That's interesting, I have never heard of any assistant coach/program scheming such a petty move. Frankly, I don't buy that that's what's happening.

*If* that was actually the maneuver, I would think that UW could simply fire Grubb for cause as soon as he stops showing up for work for a few weeks. Otherwise, what's the angle? Bama tells Grubb to hold off, keep "clocking in" at UW, all the while missing a crucial acclimation period for his new team and Bama willingly foregoes having their most important assistant coach while they're trying to install their new offense? That's a shitload of hijinks that would almost certainly fail, all in the pursuit of saving what amounts to a drop in the bucket for Bama athletics.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

We can't fill out our staff because poverty program Bama can't afford their coaches

Should also hit them with tampering since that's the flavor of the month
    This has been the he best Dannen fuck you to KDB
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

Houhusky said:

That's interesting, I have never heard of any assistant coach/program scheming such a petty move. Frankly, I don't buy that that's what's happening.

*If* that was actually the maneuver, I would think that UW could simply fire Grubb for cause as soon as he stops showing up for work for a few weeks. Otherwise, what's the angle? Bama tells Grubb to hold off, keep "clocking in" at UW, all the while missing a crucial acclimation period for his new team and Bama willingly foregoes having their most important assistant coach while they're trying to install their new offense? That's a shitload of hijinks that would almost certainly fail, all in the pursuit of saving what amounts to a drop in the bucket for Bama athletics.
    Yea, of course none of that is true and is just weird message board gossip. I’m sure they are just negotiating contracts, a lot of which is dependent on who else DeBoner hires, etc. I’d assume all the coaches are on already in Tuscaloosa and doing the recruiting stuff.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570

Is it happening?
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,116
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

Is it happening?
    David Shaw.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570

thechatch said:

Is it happening?
    David Shaw.
    I was pretty clear with you window lickers that Shaw wasn’t happening.