Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's time for our new O/L coach to start landing some beef.

Convince the Hatchet brothers to stay. Land Ray Pulido. maybe give us a surprise or two. Azzopardi is a good addition. Skill position additions are great but they wont do dik without a solid OL.

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,894
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yep, fuck those two. That’s a bitch move. They are Rapp to me. Fuck Muhammad, he mine as well have blown himself up.

College ball is ruined. I’m depressed.

Fuck the kids.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Yep, fuck those two. That’s a bitch move. They are Rapp to me. Fuck Muhammad, he mine as well have blown himself up.

Fuck the kids.

I’m trying to stop caring. It seems to be working so far
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Well it was bad luck to go through a very late coaching change after the new portal rules.

It sounds like Ray Pulido was on campus over the weekend. He was a frosh last year so he's exactly the kind of OL the staff needs to get.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck the kids.

What’s your trick?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter

OL has me really worried right now. Should have kept Huff IMO. I'm also disappointed in Kalepo and Buelow. I get they need to do what is best for them but damn, this was a time for true SR leadership. Help keep these guys together, but they bail instead. I guess that's the way if things now

How could they have kept Huff? He obviously wanted to go with DeBoer to Alabama.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,101
    Founders Club
    edited January 24
    Awfully cold for September. Prayin ya'll make it to February.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Awfully cold for September. Prayin ya'll make it to February.

I’ll likely kill myself before then.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fuck the kids.

Worse than Rapp IMO
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck the kids.

What’s your trick?
    I just think about the fact that I paid thousands of dollars to watch a team whose coach already quit on them.
    That only makes me want to kill my self and others…
  • Options
    SmallEugenePoolSmallEugenePool Member Posts: 30
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

I remember in the darkest days of Doogman Willingham got a commit from some guy who legit ended up signing with fucking Central. Not Eastern. Not Idaho. Central and the first guy in the thread was some guy who said "awesome, some free range beef." I don't know why that's stuck in my head.

Some dude named Cisneros, or something like that, popped into my head. Grant Cisneros I think.
    Eklund's professed buddy, Keith Ross, Cisneros' HS coach, said that he had unlimited potential. We were all so desperate for good news back then that it gave us all hopium he'd turn out like Top 5'er James Atoe.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    HFNY said:

OL has me really worried right now. Should have kept Huff IMO. I'm also disappointed in Kalepo and Buelow. I get they need to do what is best for them but damn, this was a time for true SR leadership. Help keep these guys together, but they bail instead. I guess that's the way if things now

How could they have kept Huff? He obviously wanted to go with DeBoer to Alabama.
    I had heard he wanted to stay here. This was home to him and Fisch wasn't interested
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Anyone know what OL guys were projected to the be starters last season? I heard Gaard "the Viking" Memmelaar was starter penciled in before his injury. Could Kalepo and Buelow be bailing because they saw The Viking and G. Hattchet beating them out? If DeBoner struck it rich while the iron was hot so could they.
  • Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 150
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter

Anyone know what OL guys were projected to the be starters last season? I heard Gaard "the Viking" Memmelaar was starter penciled in before his injury. Could Kalepo and Buelow be bailing because they saw The Viking and G. Hattchet beating them out? If DeBoner struck it rich while the iron was hot so could they.

I think the original starting OL was

Fautanu - Kalepo - Mele - Brailsford - Rosengarten

Mele went down, Brailsford moves in, I think Memelaar and Hatchett were competing for RG, then Memelaar got hurt, Hatchett wasn't very good, and Buelow got healthy just in time to take the spot for the year.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I think the original starting OL was

Fautanu - Kalepo - Mele - Brailsford - Rosengarten

Mele went down, Brailsford moves in, I think Memelaar and Hatchett were competing for RG, then Memelaar got hurt, Hatchett wasn't very good, and Buelow got healthy just in time to take the spot for the year.

Fautanu - Memelaar - Mele - Brailsford - Rosie.

Memelaar got hurt at the end of August and I think Kalepo stepped in at LG to start the season and Buelow went to RG after Mele got hurt.

I’m 81% certain that’s the correct sequence but I know for sure that Kalepo and Buelow were not starters at the end of August.