Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My mindset as of today (managing my expectations)

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I'm treating the 2024 season like it's a major league baseball expansion franchise.

We will have our Rupert Jones.

We will view things through the prism of the '25 season

Any winning this year is gravy

Thank god for the Weak early schedule

Comments

• Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Demond “RupertJ” Williams Jr.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Who’s our Dick Pole?
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ruperake Jones
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

I'm treating the 2024 season like it's a major league baseball expansion franchise.

We will have our Rupert Jones.

We will view things through the prism of the '25 season

Any winning this year is gravy

Thank god for the Weak early schedule

It'll be fun to see what people predict when we do the preseason poll at the start of fall camp
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    Founders Club
    I think we can all smoke the peace pipe on this point: playing tomorrow would suck ass
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

2015 is one of the only comparable seasons I can think of in my lifetime watching the team. Almost everything from 2014 was gone. A lot of young guys were gonna have to play. Low expectations. I thought if Petersen could get to 6-6 it showed he was the real deal and he did. I would put that number at 7-10 for Fisch. Things are different in the portal era though I'd say we also didn't know how good some of the talent Sark left was.

I was thinking about that last night. In hindsight that season didn't have to be a rebuilding year, had a bunch of winnable games against Cal, Utah, Oregon, Boise.

The handful of "automatic loss" games to doogs really are just good programs that still lost key pieces on offense, and coaching staff continuity is their main advantage.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

2015 is one of the only comparable seasons I can think of in my lifetime watching the team. Almost everything from 2014 was gone. A lot of young guys were gonna have to play. Low expectations. I thought if Petersen could get to 6-6 it showed he was the real deal and he did. I would put that number at 7-10 for Fisch. Things are different in the portal era though I'd say we also didn't know how good some of the talent Sark left was.

I was thinking about that last night. In hindsight that season didn't have to be a rebuilding year, had a bunch of winnable games against Cal, Utah, Oregon, Boise.

The handful of "automatic loss" games to doogs really are just good programs that still lost key pieces on offense, and coaching staff continuity is their main advantage.
    Fucking VAN WINKLE
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,638
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

They were 1-3 in close games. I remember the Utah game they lost by 11 but it was horribly weffed and the ASU game was another one where it seemed like they were going to win and then just fell apart. Stanford was the only bad loss and that was with KJ Carta-Samuels starting.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

They were 1-3 in close games. I remember the Utah game they lost by 11 but it was horribly weffed and the ASU game was another one where it seemed like they were going to win and then just fell apart. Stanford was the only bad loss and that was with KJ Carta-Samuels starting.
    Yeah, ASU was the game I was forgetting. Scored 24 quick points and the completely imploded in the second half.

Looking at 2024, it's not a hard schedule. And it's supposed to be the "hardest" schedule that Oregon and Washington will get going forward.

I don't care if it's dooging, no one on the schedule looks like a juggernaut except for Ohio State because of who they convinced to come back.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

haie said:

Yeah, ASU was the game I was forgetting. Scored 24 quick points and the completely imploded in the second half.

Looking at 2024, it's not a hard schedule. And it's supposed to be the "hardest" schedule that Oregon and Washington will get going forward.

I don't care if it's dooging, no one on the schedule looks like a juggernaut except for Ohio State because of who they convinced to come back.
    And if Chip Kelly leaves for UCLA for the NFL, UW can raid his roster and then use those guys to beat the new UCLA coach.
  • Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 278
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Hate it or love it, college football is now about rooting for other head coaches to leave so you can attempt to raid their roster.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

haie said:

haie said:

And if Chip Kelly leaves for UCLA for the NFL, UW can raid his roster and then use those guys to beat the new UCLA coach.
    What NFL team is gonna hire Kelly? He did so well the first time around.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited January 21
    TheHB said:

HFNY said:

haie said:

haie said:

I know quiet a few Broons... They would all be ecstatic if someone bought Kelly, even if that meant roster destruction.

No way anyone wants to pay close to his 3+ million dollar buyout + 6 mil salary

UCLA for some reason keeps giving him retarded extensions, UCLA gave him a 4 year extension in Jan 2022 (first winning season 8-4) and then gave him another raise and 3 year extension March 2023...
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,821
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 21
    TheHB said:

HFNY said:

haie said:

haie said:

There are rumors of him returning as an OC.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chip-kelly-drawing-interest-from-multiple-nfl-teams-seeking-offensive-coordinator/
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

HFNY said:

haie said:

haie said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chip-kelly-drawing-interest-from-multiple-nfl-teams-seeking-offensive-coordinator/
    It would have to be a retarded team.

Hi Seattle!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 21
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

HFNY said:

haie said:

haie said:

Hi Seattle!
    He hasn't been an NFL OC so I wouldn't count him out. I think it could suit him well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

HFNY said:

haie said:

haie said:

Hi Seattle!
    He hasn't been an NFL OC so I wouldn't count him out. I think it could suit him well.
    Yeah, I don’t see it. He sucked as a head coach running his offense in the NFL and his teams at Ucla haven’t been special. To suddenly be a great OC seems like a stretch. His innovative years caught up with him. He’s a JAG coach now.