Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If they can rebuild the OL

The RPO will be formidable with QB Williams and RB Coleman. Still hoping Rodgers recommits though.

Comments

• Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 153
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    It'll be a feeding frenzy in the Spring Portal window.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    That’s when we? eat.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,986
    We likely will lose a lot in the spring as well. Just sayin.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,986
    HFNY said:

4 guys are still in the portal on the OL (Kalepo, Buelow, and Hatchett bros). Seems like Huff has left them so hopefully they are LOYAL to the SOIL (woof, snarl, bark).

An Arizona OL starter (Pulido) is also in the portal and he may be just as good as those other guys (if not better).

What helps is that Huff recruited 4 or 5 OL in the 2023 class and all redshirted. A starter may emerge there.

I think Kalepo already visited ole miss so he is bag hunting. Haven't heard about the rest.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,448
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

4 guys are still in the portal on the OL (Kalepo, Buelow, and Hatchett bros). Seems like Huff has left them so hopefully they are LOYAL to the SOIL (woof, snarl, bark).

An Arizona OL starter (Pulido) is also in the portal and he may be just as good as those other guys (if not better).

What helps is that Huff recruited 4 or 5 OL in the 2023 class and all redshirted. A starter may emerge there.

I think Kalepo already visited ole miss so he is bag hunting. Haven't heard about the rest.
    Given the state of our OL now, UW needs to offer the biggest bag
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

HFNY said:

I just don’t see the upside of blowing big bags on one year guys at this point.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

HFNY said:

I’d repurpose the money on those with multi years and/or keep dry for the 2025 will be special run
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

HFNY said:

We have alot of bags to be blowing, we want to be blowing bags of guys that will be sticking around, nobody likes blowing a bag on a guy that is one and done....is what I'm hearing
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

I’d repurpose the money on those with multi years and/or keep dry for the 2025 will be special run
    I agree completely. There’s definitely a time and place to drop bags on one year rentals(last offseason), but this year isn’t it, and Fisch understands that. All 3 guys we’ve poached from UA so far have multiple years of potential eligibility left. Maybe Fisch views Fifita and especially TMac as one year guys, and we didn’t make a crazy push for them.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,941
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Does the money not come back each year from the Humberto’s of the world?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,941
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

A lot of blowing bags talk round here.

Craves it.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,448
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Why not both.gif

Kalepo is a proven commodity and the best OL still in the portal. We need OL next year, so why not pay him and pay for future talent?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club
    I want the Hatchett bros badly. Landon could be our starting center quite honestly. Geiran, Gaard, Drew Azapardi, Arizona transfer, Buelow comes back to play T. You have the makings of a serviceable line.
  • Options
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

A lot of blowing bags talk round here.

Craves it.
    No thanks. She’s a wretched human