Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alabama’s DeBoer rejected 2 Washington extensions, $9.4 million annually

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

HFNY said:

PurpleJ said:

gmo said:

I believe UW could have offered 10.5 or 11 back in October and it wouldn't have mattered.

You gotta make him say no. We didn’t. That’s on us.
    Huh? He slow-played things and then wouldn't agree to bigger and bigger offers. For all intents and purposes, that's saying no.
    Starting bid should have been 10 mil and then you go up to 12. We never even got there. Did not MAKE him say no.
    Disagree, you are such a fucking idiot... you are obviously still low balling him...

Should have started at 15 mil and then go up to 30 mil if needed. Guarantee him a percentage of the ticket sales and go full ppv compensation package.

You just have to MAKE HIM say NO!!!!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Btw, does anyone know how much DeBoer is getting paid by Bama and what his buyout is?

So far, he has (or is likely to) poach Mack, Brailsford, Noah Carter, and Germie Bernard.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I think his recruiting would have picked up at UW and he could have created a culture and program a lot of kids wanted to play for.

I think he’s a much better fit at UW than most places and could have kept on winning big.

If he stays I don’t think it’s any worse than a 3 loss year.

Agreed. He probably thought Alabama recruits itself and he could be in the hunt for a NC every year rather than once every 3-5 years. Oh well.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

1. No one was saying shit about his recruiting when he was still at UW. If they did they were ignored or laughed at.
    2. No one knows what his roster would look like if he were still here.

Some of you are acting like bitter coog losers. I understand it’s a coping mechanism so I’ll let it slide.

delusional stage...

People were regularly stating that his recruiting was an issue, especially given the on field success. Its just that most everyone were happy to focus on this year, beating Oregon twice, beating Sark, and the championship game... rather than talk about "next year".
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,521
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 21
    Houhusky said:

PurpleJ said:

1. No one was saying shit about his recruiting when he was still at UW. If they did they were ignored or laughed at.

Some of you are acting like bitter coog losers. I understand it’s a coping mechanism so I’ll let it slide.

delusional stage...

People were regularly stating that his recruiting was an issue, especially given the on field success. Its just that most everyone were happy to focus on this year, beating Oregon twice, beating Sark, and the championship game... rather than talk about "next year".
    Yeah and those people are fags who don’t understand this newfangled portal thing. Anyways, scoreboard baby.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I think his recruiting would have picked up at UW and he could have created a culture and program a lot of kids wanted to play for.

I think he’s a much better fit at UW than most places and could have kept on winning big.

If he stays I don’t think it’s any worse than a 3 loss year.

Wouldn't have taken much to have picked up given how underwhelming recruiting had been

I agree with most else you said, but 3 losses at worst?

Wed obviously be without penix/odunze, big chunk of OL, probably one(if not two) of McMillan/Polk, likely dj to pro still (dunno if the same even if he came back)

And the defense wasn't going to win games, especially with Trice gone (he gone either way)

This team was going to struggle either way next year, but we're much worse off than literally anyone without inside knowledge expected going into next year
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Houhusky said:

PurpleJ said:

delusional stage...

Yeah and those people are fags who don’t understand this newfangled portal thing. Anyways, scoreboard baby.</blockquote

Pay attention to Colorado this if you’re a fan who believes the portal can cover for poor to average recruiting.

Sanders believes he can built a contender without high level HS recruits and numbers.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Deboer would have continued to win at UW. He’s a great coach and a good fit in Montlake. 2024 was going to be a down year(9 win ceiling) but Austin Mack is an absolute stud and you guys would have been competing for a conference title again 2025.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

Deboer would have continued to win at UW. He’s a great coach and a good fit in Montlake. 2024 was going to be a down year(9 win ceiling) but Austin Mack is an absolute stud and you guys would have been competing for a conference title again 2025.

No one is a stud at QB until they throw for 3000 yards in big boy football games, not high school

Hth
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,335
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Small town boy from South Dakota makes good and gets a taste of fame and fortune and it goes to his head and he falls in love with the smell of his farts. Human nature - never bet against it

• Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PatsDoog said:

DeBoer is a shit recruiter, but at a place like Bama where kids will trip all over themselves to commit to because of the name recognition, it won't be a problem. If there's any place that's a perfect fit for him, its a place like Bama or Ohio St where the prestige does all the talking for him

They tripped for Saban time will tell about Bama
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,053
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 23

dtd said:

Postal91 said:

dtd said:

Huh. He couldn't stand going 8-4 rebuiliding at UW, so he went to replace Nick Saban where he's guaranteed to fail no matter what? Shit doesn't add up. He knows he doesn't recruit, but he wins everywhere. Is it just that he thought Bama would recruit itself? Just hire Tosh and Orgeron.

He’s excelled at using other coach’s players, sans his SFalls time, but that was pre/start of portal, so now things are going to get interesting. He has Milroe and likely will do fine, but whew, it’s going to be interesting with that defense in the SEC
    104-12 is never by accident.
    Stop plagiarism my shit, fucko!

There really is a Randy Marsh for every situation.