Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm not mad at DeBoer

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

RTD said:

PurpleJ said:

RTD said:

PurpleJ said:

If you low balled me and a bigger company came in and offered me a better deal, I'd jump ship too.

I blame this squarely on UW. #TeamMercenary

Anyways, LIPO with the new coach and all the portal/recruiting shit. Every game a BATTLE, every season a WAR but that's months away.

P.S. He's still Hitler for hurting my feelings, though.

No, Deboer is a slow rolling faggot, and deserves
    to get fucked up by all the SEC skwads
    Why?
    Maybe because he fed everyone a line of BS, never intended to stay, was halfway out the door during the Natty and is a disingenuous fake ass bitch?

Well then maybe don't low ball him before the natty?

Look, I'm a company man when it comes to UW because that's my school. Anywhere else it's "fuck you pay me" and you'd better believe I'd try to bring talent with me if I was a college coach. DeBoer is trying to win and he's a ruthless ice cold mercenary POS. I respect that and it's part of why he was successful here.
    He should have been more ruthless and won us the Natty.

Took his eye off the prize.

That's not why we lost the natty. We lost because we finally ran into a more talented team that also had a good coach.
    I like my narrative better and my feelings are hurt by Dutch Hitler.
  • Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I am mad at him. I am mad at 132 college football Head Coaches and 1 I'm holding judgement on, but will probably be mad at shortly.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

PurpleJ said:

If you have a coach like that you make him an offer he can't refuse. You don't compete with the big dick programs otherwise.

You are literally citing a coach that left for things other than money while trying to talk about the infallibility of every decision being about the money.
    No I’m saying there are multiple reasons. I think he liked the challenge at Bama as well as the money, but you have no shot at keeping him away from a blue blood job unless you come in with a high offer. UW needed to pay a premium to compensate for the fact that they are a not a blue blood. They didn’t and that’s on them. Not that hard.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He wasn't staying here for all the tea in China
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,235
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Last week the numberbof wins was 8-10. Today that # is 3-5.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RTD said:

PurpleJ said:

Houhusky said:

PurpleJ said:

If you have a coach like that you make him an offer he can't refuse. You don't compete with the big dick programs otherwise.

You are literally citing a coach that left for things other than money while trying to talk about the infallibility of every decision being about the money.
    No I’m saying there are multiple reasons. I think he liked the challenge at Bama as well as the money, but you have no shot at keeping him away from a blue blood job unless you come in with a high offer. UW needed to pay a premium to compensate for the fact that they are a not a blue blood. They didn’t and that’s on them. Not that hard.
    Deboer wants to win and thought he had a better shot at Bama to do that, that’s why he left. All you have to do is listen to the guys 9 minute bumbling final words to the team. He was getting paid no matter where he ended up.

You can say, but Bama offered a couple million more or they had more cash in the NIL. There’s no life style difference once to hit the 8 plus million a year. You need to jump up into the 25 plus mil to hit that next tier.

He can fuck right off.

I think it’s both. I also think he wants the higher expectations and the challenge of running the SEC gauntlet. Prepping for the NFL.

On the other hand, money talks so there’s that. Easy to scoff at a measly million or two if you aren’t him. Plus, he has the ego of a big time coach so maybe the lowball offer just pissed him off.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Canadawg said:

Drinking tea is gay
    I like green tea and small hands. You?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,126
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    What lowball offer? 8.7m? Are we evaluating that offer now after 14-1 and a natty appearance or when the offer was made? Imagine not knowing you were headed for a natty 1.5 years into a tenure. Things change, wins happen, going to natties happen, numbers rise. Is this the simple logic missing in this debate? The answer may not surprise you.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Canadawg said:

Drinking tea is gay
    I laughed.

Drinking tea now.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 784
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    I can’t fault any coach for leaving their gig for Bama. There are only a couple of positions in the entire country on that level. Mind you, I feel like a level drop off is part of why Saban bounced.

In the end, it was a rushed process and Deboer’s exit was handled beyond poorly. His communication to his players and the fans was pathetic. He deserves to be ridiculed and will be hated by many forever because of it.

I have now clue what the offers were. They were both for way more scratch than he ever thought was coming his way a couple years ago.

He has an insanely huge ego. And winning at the highest level will be his biggest challenge and only goal.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    J is off his meds in this thread
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Canadawg said:

Drinking tea is gay