Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

There’s leaving the cupboards bare…

2»

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

UW can get guys in the portal too (and lobby some guys to stay such as Brailsford, Kalepo, and Bernard). The roster is going to look different from now through spring ball and then again after the Spring portal season opens.

I tend to believe they're gone. The good ones could have back channeled all of this without going into the portal and most kids do. They likely already know what amount they could get out in the free market.

Maybe a few return but I think the offensive line starters and Bernard are gone. Doubt they go into the portal without a plan. Hope I am wrong.
    I have nothing to go off but my thoughts are as follows:

Brailsford is going to get recruited hard by DeBoer and Huff to go to Alabama and solidify their OL play ... given the state of what UW will be looking at the next 1-2 years it's hard to not view Bama as a better solution plus it's more of a known for him than not

Kalepo and Buelow are in their last year and probably want a shot at competing at a higher level than playing out the string ... it is what it is. I'm sure that they'll find decent spots to go to but they were clearly the weakest links on the OL.

Hatchett in surprises me a bit but I also wonder where he would be able to go where he's in a better position than being a starter for a Big 10 roster. I'd expect that he'll be back but who knows.

Bernard has opportunity here depending on how the roster shakes out. That said, hard to imagine him staying if the QB situation is a dumpster fire. That one could be a coin flip IMO.
    I get that Kalepo and Buelow were the weakest links, but they were still good. They are plug and play starters for most offensive lines and would have been some of our better players next year. Probably fringe NFL guys so they are probably trying to get paid before they have to get a real job which I can appreciate. Hopefully we can pay them here.

They did get exposed vs michigan but that happens some times when you play the best.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

UW can get guys in the portal too (and lobby some guys to stay such as Brailsford, Kalepo, and Bernard). The roster is going to look different from now through spring ball and then again after the Spring portal season opens.

I tend to believe they're gone. The good ones could have back channeled all of this without going into the portal and most kids do. They likely already know what amount they could get out in the free market.

Maybe a few return but I think the offensive line starters and Bernard are gone. Doubt they go into the portal without a plan. Hope I am wrong.
    I have nothing to go off but my thoughts are as follows:

Brailsford is going to get recruited hard by DeBoer and Huff to go to Alabama and solidify their OL play ... given the state of what UW will be looking at the next 1-2 years it's hard to not view Bama as a better solution plus it's more of a known for him than not

Kalepo and Buelow are in their last year and probably want a shot at competing at a higher level than playing out the string ... it is what it is. I'm sure that they'll find decent spots to go to but they were clearly the weakest links on the OL.

Hatchett in surprises me a bit but I also wonder where he would be able to go where he's in a better position than being a starter for a Big 10 roster. I'd expect that he'll be back but who knows.

Bernard has opportunity here depending on how the roster shakes out. That said, hard to imagine him staying if the QB situation is a dumpster fire. That one could be a coin flip IMO.
    I get that Kalepo and Buelow were the weakest links, but they were still good. They are plug and play starters for most offensive lines and would have been some of our better players next year. Probably fringe NFL guys so they are probably trying to get paid before they have to get a real job which I can appreciate. Hopefully we can pay them here.

They did get exposed vs michigan but that happens some times when you play the best.
    Kalepo and Buelow were the weakest links, but our backups behind them were even weaker.
    Yep, the cliff was steep. On a roster where everyone else is going to the nfl they were the weakest links. No shame in that. On a top 20-25 ranked team, they're good players.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

The world wide portal reopens in May, right?

I suspect UW will be fisching hard. Anyone basing their opinion on what the fall roster will look like on the current roster has a toadstool for a brain.

April 16th to April 30th is when a player can portal without sacrificing a year of eligibility.

It's also entirely possible to transfer and sacrifice a year of eligibility at this time. Let's say you just came off a RS year but are confident you don't need to play all 4 years in college (either b/c you'll graduate in time or be headed to the NFL).

Anyway, I'm sure the staff at UW (former Arizona guys mostly unless Inge & Morrell are brought aboard) is doing what they can to talk with Arizona players and may have recruited San Jose State guys who they think could compete for a starting spot or at least be in the two-deeps at UW.

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,353
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Comrades of the Moscow Comrades?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,540
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

#PreOrderSzn

We definitely need to do some tampering to fill in the roster in May
    Sounds illegal. I’m in!
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

The portal giveth, the portal taketh away. If the cupboards are bare, time to go grocery shopping.

The store is closed for three months.
    This. Aren't there only a few teams with open portals (UW, UAx2) otherwise players have to wait until April?